AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:57:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Victim/Donor 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Victim/Donor  (Read 3613 times)
giselle
Level 2 Contributor

To help communication between vampire & donor.

« on: July 07, 2010, 01:43:22 PM »

Will donors (sang ones especially) always be seen as "victims" in most eyes? This needs to change. Today’s donor is NOT a victim. It insults the whole act of donating. On a “Coast To Coast” Interview with author/PSY Vampire JM Dixon, donors where referred as Victim/donors. Yes, victim was used first with the word donor. The interviewer was the one using the word.

What disappointed me the most was the fact JM Dixon (author; PSY vampire) did not correct the interviewer to stop using victim/donor lumped together as the same word. To me a donor is c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y different from the word victim. Donors give energy freely. A victim (as defined by Webster’s Dictionary Online Version) “1 : a living being sacrificed to a deity or in the performance of a religious rite.”
2 : “one that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent <the schools are victims of the social system>: as a (1) : one that is injured, destroyed, or sacrificed under any of various conditions <a victim of cancer> <a victim of the auto crash> <a murder victim> (2) : one that is subjected to oppression, hardship, or mistreatment <a frequent victim of political attacks> b : one that is tricked or duped <a con man's victim>“  A victim does not have a choice. A donor does.

Donors of today are educated; hold positions of importance; go to church (of choice); raise families; have careers. Today's donors see donating in science terms; donating to help make a vampire's suffering more bearable; giving of ourselves as a gift an offering. Not as a victim who is chased down (unless we want to) and taken by force. I wonder if one factor could be because the act of donating is often confused with or tied to BDSM. (NO I am NOT bashing BDSM.)

Donors today see donations as creating positive energy. Which is much more powerful and longer lasting. More as an healing act. Flat Line is the sanguinary vampire. He has been “awaken” for 18 years. I donated to he has NEVER taken a donation by force. Being able to travel is an issue for him. When we can meet up if  anyone uses force it is me TRYING to get Flat Line to fed like he needs to. Maybe force is too strong of word more like I have to nag.

Donors are different than they where “in the bad old days”. Vampires and donors need to educate what roles donors have in today’s society. We are NOT victims!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/victim

Sang Donor/Emapth
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: