AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 04:10:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Manipulation Of The Perception Of Time 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Manipulation Of The Perception Of Time  (Read 4243 times)
S
Level 4 Contributor

« on: May 19, 2010, 09:00:27 am »

last weekend, I discovered something rather interesting. I was able to temporarily "forget" about large periods of time, and remember inconsequential days as if it were yesterday, down to what I wore, what I ate...I could do it for any day at all.  The only limitation was that it took a few hours for me to remember the time in-between that day, and the present, which makes me worry that eventually, if I continue, I'll start permanently forgetting...
thoughts, comments, concerns anyone?
Lady Morwen
Level 2 Contributor

Sapere Aude

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 11:05:12 am »

Just be mindful of what you do. Smiley
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »

It might be best to add more details to ensure that we all understand your initial post better.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:00:43 pm »

Interesting, if I understand what you are saying.

I am not sure I see the point or purpose of such a trait, or if you are simply putting your self into a state of self hypnosis to recall minutia.

It seems more of a memory thing, opposed to time dialation.. but then again, you could be tapping into a form of non-linear perception.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
S
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 09:53:29 am »

What I most want to try, but am most apprehensive about is trying to glean information about past lives with this technique.
Lady Morwen
Level 2 Contributor

Sapere Aude

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:53:13 pm »

What I most want to try, but am most apprehensive about is trying to glean information about past lives with this technique.

Is there a particular piece of information you want to find out about? 
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 10:19:49 am »

Past life regression:

Its a neat parlor trick, but really, what purpose would it serve you in this life now?  Really, would remembering a few fragments from a distant past help you evolve now, or serve as a distraction to growth?

That... and most of what you remember, tends to be the points you messed up.  IE, they wont be pleasant memories, even if you do get them.  My experience.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
razorblade_recon
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 02:17:26 am »

I would be interested in knowing the steps to achieveing this as I would like to try it myself...not the past life regression mind you, been there done that, but the first posters .....experiments.
Soulshroude
Level 4 Contributor

A whisper in the wind, heard in the dead of night

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 03:44:31 am »

A piece of advice, try remembering your dreams.  At times, those dreams of yours are your past life being replayed in front of you.

"Those of whom hath commited a fault, shall be given the chance to redeem themselves." ~Faust~

"To labor under a dilusion of grandeur will, as time allows.. corrupt." ~Soulshroude~
razorblade_recon
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 04:18:45 am »

I can handle past life regression, what Im interested in is specifically remembering the color shrt that I was wearing last june for a fact, or the exact last words I  spoke in a trivial argument last month, it appears that it is such things that the poster is saying that they can go back in a matter of fact way and extract such details, like a forced photographic memory, I would be most interested to know the proposed steps to do as such. Not having the luxery of a photographic memory myself, this would prove useful.
Soulshroude
Level 4 Contributor

A whisper in the wind, heard in the dead of night

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 04:31:57 am »

Sounds like an alpha or beta level of hypnotic stimulant to me.  The mind can actively put itself under these two states of hypnosis if the adequette conditions are met.  At times, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) can be linked to this, as the person with this condition would be playing very dramatic events from either their immediate past or years ago and remember every little detail of those events.  I think it depends on what causes these individuals to have those acute memory flashes, are they in a positive or negative light.

"Those of whom hath commited a fault, shall be given the chance to redeem themselves." ~Faust~

"To labor under a dilusion of grandeur will, as time allows.. corrupt." ~Soulshroude~
razorblade_recon
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 04:49:18 am »

So, the "ring ascention" is that past or present? If you have info Id love to look over it providing that is appropriate.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: