AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:39:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Vampire$ Inc. - An Open Letter To The Community From Dhalek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Vampire$ Inc. - An Open Letter To The Community From Dhalek  (Read 17057 times)
hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 01:39:51 AM »

I'm not saying we should stay underground...I'm simply saying it would be easier to live our lives if we did. Once someone is out in the open the public and the media do all they can to dig up dirt on someone. They try to take pictures everywhere you go trying to catch you in an off moment in the off chance that it may even look like you are about to do something questionable as much as missing a garbage can when walking by and throwing trash into it. All of the sudden a headline comes out that everyone in the vampire community promotes littering. Something as silly as that gets blown way out of proportion by the media and then there is a frenzy. Or "oh look at the vampire they just went into a club and are dancing with people they must be feeding off of those people." You know sometimes it would simply just be easier to not let people know who you are. Also think of it this way. I had a gay friend in high school and they wanted to bring their significant other to the dance but the teachers found out about it and set a rule that everyone who went must have a partner of the opposite sex. The couple went to the dance regardless and the teachers tried forming a coalition to kick them out. It was only by the strong objections of the students ,who threatened to leave as well, that the couple got to stay. Did the couple finally get recognized and get to stay? Yes. But were they extremely uncomfortable at the negative attention they were getting? Yes. Coming out from the underground can either turn out alright...or it can just turn into torture. Do we want another witch hunt? This is why I'm very ambivalent on the matter. History says this can go either way. Until I see which way this is going I'm not one hundred percent sure that I want to stick my neck out. If people find out about me then so be it I'll deal with it. But I'm not going out of my way to make it known who I am. I'm a fairly shy person anyways. Online is the only way I let my voice be heard most of the time, unless something is happening right in front of me, I try to do behind the scenes and not be seen. So in the end it still comes down to live quietly or live where everyone is making noise. I do believe that sometimes silence is golden.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »

I can respect that Hex. The few counter points that I would like to make are simple and I don't want to change your mind, just to add some more information that might cause you reevaluate your position.
I have two kids. I can see the chance that some one could try to push it that this makes me an unfit parent in which case I get to argue that I have not changed and I have two kids that are much better behaved than what I see daily from others children. I will also say that my run in to the military that I have mentioned before was ended as a separation from service due to a violation of Chpt. 13-5, (7) of the UCMJ:
Homosexual acts. Homosexual act means bodily contact between persons of the same sex, actively undertaken or passively permitted by either or both, with the intent of obtaining or giving sexual gratification, or any proposal, solicitation, or attempt to perform such an act. Individuals who have been involved in homosexual acts in an apparently isolated episode, stemming solely from immaturity, curiosity, or intoxication normally will not be processed for discharge because of homosexual acts. If other conduct is involved, individuals may be considered for discharge for other reasons set forth in this chapter. This applies to those oases in which personnel have engaged in one or more homosexual acts during military service and-
(a) Trial by court-martial is not considered as the course of action to be taken ; or
(b) The individual has been referred to trial, but has not been tried by court-martial within the meaning of article 44(c), UCMJ; or
(c) The individual has been tried by court- martial within the meaning of article 44(c), UCMJ, subject to the limitations on administrative action set forth in paragraph l-13.
They would have really lost it if I had been more public about this rather than that. Then there is the recent ACLU v. Itawamba Agricultural High School, and Itawamba County School District case that ended with the school and district being reprimanded with a subsequent order by the court for a similar problem you described about your friend. Then there was my run in with racism. One person I was working with was talking about starting a business and refusing service to non-white people. I stood up and said, and it is truth, that my grand-mother is Mexican. Her response was "oh, so your a spic too." with no sign of remorse or embarrassment. That is the problem with trying to avoid being attacked in anyway by people who hold to any kind of bigoted thought is that they are everywhere, and the subjects that they don't like cover everything. There is no way to avoid this type of thing forever. Eventually, you will find a group that will not like you for something.

I'm not afraid of letting others speak for me at time either.
“The world is not dangerous because of those who do harm but because of those who look at it without doing anything” -Albert Einstein
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -George Bernard Shaw
“The wide world is all about you; you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.” -J.R.R. Tolkien

Alison Demzon
dba: Demzon Creations
Demzon Creations Tracker blog
Facebook: Demzon
vitchy
Level 4 Contributor

Hello

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 11:40:41 PM »

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.ā€¯ -George Bernard Shaw

I love this quote!!! 

Its my true feelings overall.

*look at the world thru pure light*
Lazarus
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »

Lazarus: In the 90's there was vampire communities all over the US; I was a part of a smallish one in the Denver area.

As was I, In Atlanta.

If your speaking of the conspiracy sites run by people previously diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and say it was wrong 'because it's a government and freemason coverup to make sure no one believes the truth that only I know,' they are not good for info and just make it up as they go.

I have no idea where you got that idea, read more carefully please.

As for the history I would be interested in hearing what points you are referring to that are post 1850. Pre-1850 or so, +/- 25 years, is an entirely different world and mindset with a totally different social structure through out the world.

I am referring to just about every story of vampires ever written, we have almost NEVER been put in a flattering light until very recently, romantic and attractive maybe, but always taboo. and as for the world being entirely different socially, I would have to severely disagree with you, the only thing that has changed is our ability to communicate with each other, the way of the world is still very much the same as it has always been, the same people who were in power 1000 years ago are the same ones in power today, the names change but the bloodlines and root organizations and power structures remain the same.

Also, I'm betting as far as your concerned I am an elder. (checked profile; yup, I'm elder than he is.) the idea of the statement that "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it," to quote George Santayana, is mainly focused on major events and the precipitating factors. Sort of like no one remembers what came out of a country illegally seizing lands that were excluded from them by a previous surrender agreement, while those countries that swore to "stand vigilant" did nothing. That event had a person at the helm who was not born of that country and had fought in the war that ended with what he considered an unfair treaty of surrender. Would be nice if there was a "spoiler" tag on this board just for this. I'll put the answer up in a few days when I remember. (Added 4/8. The answer is: Germany, and the Nazi party)

um....thanks for the history recap, it does not change the fact that those who do not consider deeply the events of their past are likely to make to same mistakes, this ideal has universal application, not just HISTORICAL REFFERENCE. And no, I do not consider you my Elder, no offence but that title is earned and not given, I do not consider age when talking to anyone, I would hold the same respect and the same reservation for a 90 year old as I would a 9 year old, and considering that I generally find my own personal intelligence, experience and and general wisdom to be higher than that of most people that I run into regardless of age and have since I was very very little, earning my respect is not an easy thing to do, so please understand that I dislike very much being spoken to as if I am "not as mighty as thou art", I find it quite distastefull.

Now, being the one who is pushing it this time you can verify with my ex-wife that I am in no way "camera friendly," nor would I want to be in front of one. I just have this terrible tenacity to try to do the best for myself, my family, and others. In this case, it applies to all three.

I am gladdened to know your not ready to rush in front of a camera and go "hey hey I'm a vampire look at me". I also share your unflinching desire to do what is best for myself and for my family. However when it comes to what is best for others, that is a matter of community choice and not easily determined. I will always be happy to offer my opinion on such matters but without unanimous decision from all, no choice should be made for someone else by an individual alone( and I am not singling you out or accusing you of doing so just stating for good measure)

In summation, I would like to say that I am not trying to start an argument or "bad blood" with you in any way. I simply become quite angry when patronised as I am sure we all do. before you judge your ranking as opposed to another in this world it is best to try and get to know them first. As a fellow US Army vet myself (also separated on chapter 13) I am sure we can both see the truth in this idea. that being said I still hold true to my position that we as a community are still not ready to be a matter of public conversation. we do not know enough about ourselves to try and relay that information to the rest of the world without it being totally blown out of perspective. so far every bit of media attention we have received still looks at us like were are a bunch of crazies, and while they may be somewhat accepting of the fact that we are here to stay and not a threat, they don't yet accept us as part of "normal" society. so long as there are twilight, blade, and Dracula movies in the box office, that is still the image the world will have of us. until we are better organised, and better defined, we will likely continue to hold the same position of obscurity as we do now.

Lazarus

Lazarus
Dhalek
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 04:01:32 PM »

Are there any records on real vampyres or something very similar before 1970 (before 1900, before 1800, and so on dating to the farthest history)? I guess there was a good reason to hide any facts off the world, but it looks like, the reason is gone. I read that Michelle Belanger convinced prominent members of houses to go "out of coffin". What convinced them to show themselves into the lights of humanity and are they really vampyres or we live in lies for approximately 20 years?

Anyway, this is not a good place to discuss such topic. Leave me a message, if you want.
hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »

I don't believe that someone would ever do something that they did not want to at least partially do themselves. People aren't really convinced they make up their minds to do it on their own. If someone sees someone else doing something that they wished to do and sees that they are getting a positive reaction then they are more likely to do it themselves.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
Dhalek
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 04:54:15 PM »

I don't believe that someone would ever do something that they did not want to at least partially do themselves. People aren't really convinced they make up their minds to do it on their own. If someone sees someone else doing something that they wished to do and sees that they are getting a positive reaction then they are more likely to do it themselves.

That is what I call the dependence (or slavery) and why the humanity goes down. If someone does something to please someone else, just because of it, you can call him a slave.
I know I can die someday, I know that all things are meaningless, therefore doing something for just pleasing someone else is also meaningless, therefore I do everything for myself. Education, job, hobbies, whatever. Why should be a slave? Why should not fight till the end to be really free for every moment of life? Seriously, you don't need anyone to be pleased. You just are and that's everything. The meaning of life cannot oversee the existence, so the life in fact has no meaning, but why should I give a damn? Thinking about meaning of life is a waste of time.
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 12:00:04 AM »

Lazarus, you do need to figure out how to encapsulate things right man.
What I was referring to with the 'crazy people' statement was that you were talking about government secrets being easily available because of the internet. Most times I have seen something that is propertied to be a big secret it turns out to be a big delusion proving once again that any idiot can get online and does.
I was halfway joking with the elder remark. The other half was poking at the statement about "all our eders," direct quote, warnings. Elder can have many connotations; by the standard definition of some one who has been in the world to be more experienced I easily fit that. I don't see how that helps though as there is no set aging date as with wine on wisdom. Only those who don't have said wisdom would seriously expect to be taken as an elder; the ones that actually have the wisdom that other shout about are the once that whisper. Or something like that. Asian proverb if I remember right, but it was close to that at least.
Also, I don't judge other by anymore than the words they use and the actions they show. I don't see how getting kicked from military service makes any sort of bond either. The only good news is that you were intelligent enough to go with Army, but I don't see anything more to add to, or take away from your credibility in my eyes with that statement.

Now for something directly related to the original intention of this thread:
I have been exploring a possible medical survey on my own in regards to action. The standard Doctors have not found anything of note other than an allergy to grasses and pines, in Colorado mind you, and that it is "not possible" to have the reaction that I do after two or so hours in the sun; direct or partial sun. That makes my next step to be going to the ones with a medical, and scientific method, legacy going back to 4000 BCE; traditional Chinese Medical Doctors. If anything happens there I will of course keep the community up to date with hopes to have something solid at some point. I would have much rather that I would have had the time to do this before and was not spending the time that I did have years ago arguing with people about things that have proved useless now; but that is a lesson learned.

And Hexmoon; yes, people will not do something they would not do already under most circumstances; but in groups funny things happen. People that consider themselves a part of any group truly will fall in to a 'group think' state where anything is considered correct if the entirety of the group thinks it is right. The only thing I ever seem to have to say when some one disagrees with me is make sure that you are disagreeing for the right reasons and I'm fine with that. I would much rather that anyone would seethings from my point of view, but that is a choice that everyone, as an individual, is allowed to make.

Alison Demzon
Lazarus
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 03:31:12 PM »

Dezmon,

first, happy we can come to terms, always good to find mutual respect. second, I believe that your approach to seek chinese medical advice is definitely in the right direction. in fact when I was 8 I had a kung fu sifu who was chinese from whom I first learned of the possibility of "real vampires". he was not exactly detailed with his explanation but the idea did come up in conversation once and he seemed to lend it credance, so there may be something there. Especially when you consider that chinese medicine has always considered the anatomy of the body in relation to the flows of energy and not just chemicals.

I now see where you got the conspiracy theroy reference I should have seen it before, I posted that as a way to illustrate just how impacting the internet has become as a government secret is one of the most protected kind and even some of those have leaked due to the internet, not very many mind you most as you say ARE bullshit but there have been a few that have slipped due to the propogation and somewhat uncontrolability of the internet.

as far as your own personal research goes I am very curious to see what results you come up with. I know that since I started practicing Shin Shin Toitsudo (japanese yoga) about 2 years ago my ability to take in energy when feeding as well as contain my own energy in order to maintain longer without feeding has certainly increaced. granted a good teacher makes all the difference and mine was great. something else to think about, I have noticed that if out in the sun just walking I become weak after about 15 min, headachy and nauseaus after about 30 min and freaking exauhsted to the point of collapse after about 1.5 to 2 hours. However if I am keeping my body very active, like if I am hiking in the mountains or doing hard physical labor, I am able to maintain quite well for long periods of time, several hours or more without being affected. have you experienced anything similar?

Lazarus
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 12:35:55 PM »

The other thing is that Chinese medical knowledge has not had to be rebuilt many times; it stretches back to at least 4000 BCE with no real loss, just interruptions. Apparently the doc I'm talking to was not at all suppressed when asked about the subject as well. If there has been all of the information sitting there all this time while no one thought to simply ask for it I would think that the community as a whole should be a bit embarrassed. Also good to see that you know what your talking about on this as I have seen people try to fake their way through knowing martial arts as well and talk about their "sensi" that being Japanese for teacher rather than "sifu" being Chinese for teacher; fighting teacher if I remember right, I'll recheck that one.
As for you symptomology list I can say that I see similar. I find myself dragging myself around with a heavy chain as it were in full light; but if I stay inside and only go out after sun down I will bounce off the walls for days. I get tired before any internal symptoms and I find that full UV blocking monochromatic, or dichromatic, sunglasses. I still have to get around to making those frames that I want now that I think of it. Good 80 or higher sunblock seems to slow and nearly stop whatever type of degeneration on the system that happens in the sun for me. It was this doc that I'm talking to that said that if the sun does bad things that's your body saying to stay away from it.

Alison Demzon
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: