AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:20:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  An Open Letter To The Community From Demzon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: An Open Letter To The Community From Demzon  (Read 23595 times)
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 12:51:07 AM »

I have been reading and keeping up but as I have said before I do not have much time so I will be addressing everything that I want to in one post; and more than likely in reverse. So, here goes...
Demzon,
Your letter reminds me of the struggle attributed to spirals of consciousness and any occult society with authoritarian structure.  How does one lead a community of individuals that are so diverse?  My experience is to take all the negatives with a grain of salt and to empower/support those who are making positive progress.  Just my two cents....

Thank you, and your right; those that do not want to stand will always continue to be huddled in the dark by the CRT light. (maybe plasma or LCD anymore as CRTs are not around much)

I as a human being...(who happens to be gay and come from an area of non understanding or even tolerable people) am in hopes that there will be enough of you vampires and us supporters out there to help shield the backlash a little. Your the slaves, women and gays of the new era. And for those of you who are repressed already for one of these reasons, it's going to be rough. Of course "SOME PEOPLE" speaking of some media o' holics, are going to make this worse. It's human nature to panic at what they don't understand. For me to finally understand, I had to look at it in different terms. I, though use vampire, do not see vampire. I better understand it all more as an involitary need to seek out energy and absorb it. Energy deficiency. No matter psi or sang I refer to the community as Energy seekers. Of course there is more than that, but there is more to vampire than the work expresses as well. What ever happens, I am a supporter of the gay community, free religion,beliefs..... well Minus some things that are horrid in thought..... I believe be who you are. Though you may not want, you are coming into the world light(the media), it may suck but embrace it. If you hide now it scares people more. Sugar coat things for others to get. Explain like this. People eat and drink and take in sun for energy. You(as a community) are lacking life energy. People use tai chi and other things to manipulate energy to center. You don't have enough spiritual energy to do so without taking some in. There is always opposites in every situation. Healers take excess energy and heal mind and body. You lack what they have an over abundance of.
   I sugar coat when my children and family are scared. This may work for the population as a whole as well. Just a suggestion. I am new to this community. I do know that I have something others don't. It scares me but thats life. My G/F is a part of this community. I have a tendency to stand up for what I love so don't mind if I am long winded.

For sure, people do seem to want the end result with out the work to get it. I practice Tai Chi; it's more about taking full control of the body and moving the chi to where it can do what needs done than bringing it to a center point is that only error I would like to point out. Smiley

I'm agreeing with the initial post as well but I am still going with the,if we did open ourselves up to the public allot of us would be fired from our jobs or shunned by the community. The outside world is not very nice and people spitting in my food is not something I would like to deal with. Many people have been fired for turning out to be pagan so imagine what would happen if someone all of the sudden said they were a vampire! Even though these places say they are non discrimination they really are not telling the truth. If someone did start the process and people responded kindly I think the rest of us who still aren't sure would be more willing to step up.

I don't have as much problems with such things as I am kind to everyone even if they would not do so to me; well unless they are a real piece of crap, then I don't bother. Generally those that would judge me for my appearance or life style don't once they realize that the one they revile is being the better person. Lift up those around you by example. As for job loss; in the state of Colorado you can be fired at any time for any reason anyway as long as it is not because of being a part of a protected group. Last I knew, sexuality is not on that list here yet. Point there is that there is not that much more danger than bringing in some one to work and identifying them as a same sex partner. The only people that should worry are education and health workers. I would think that law enforcement might even like the idea of having vamps on the force.

PainDancer: good stuff over all as usual. Thanks. I'm glad to hear that my type of story is less likely to happen to someone else as well.
what are you guys talking about?
the community (aboveground reference , meaning those who have made the movie to the age of the internet and not strickly avoided it)  is out of the coffin... people just dont beleive . and they will continue not to beleive for a while every year a vampire movie comes out and there are more peole who decide they like vampires or want o play, ive been watching this happen for years.
what would be important is that we make part of what started in 2005 get legitamat papers as a human rights group,
The Assoiation for vampire rights, there were well over 500 people in the myspace group, we devised quite afew ideas for campains for awwarness, some are to pop up at some of the movies, with rights pins are fund raiser part support though i have given lots of these out to certain individuals . ive been trying to figure out what i have to do to make this a nonprofit amd what else we can do lots of ideas on that,
the other point ids many of us that have had interviews haven't had iany control in our interviews,. i have also in the works a vampire ezine that will have lots of good stuf, while devoting plenty into the vmpire rights . when i had heard about the show trublood avl. i kinda wanted to sue till i saw some of the promo video stuff on their rights , then i thought they might contribute to the cause if not to further that show , but it is something of a ethical dilemma.

the ovc is getting better joining those of us who have been meeting and congregating in real life, ans more people are doing just that , good,  there is a path of action to deal with that other guy who we should not be mentioning. it is unfortunate he has to be dealt with as damage control
D, ,

Being public online is not being public in the real world. People see online interactions as a fantasy, even if they try not to there is that tinge of surrealism. That is why people think they can get away with anything they want to and say what they want; it's not real to them because there is not another person there. Also, a human rights group made by vampires sounds like a sick joke even to me. Honestly. Try asking a normal person about that idea and I'm sure you will get the look on my face right now at hearing about that; followed by the face palm that I just did after writing that bit. Not trying to be mean, I have rewritten this a few times to make sure of that too. Really? A vampire run, human rights not for profit organization? Would love to here more about it, but not right now.

Alison Demzon
dba: Demzon Creations
Demzon Creations Tracker blog
Facebook: Demzon
the pink lady
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »

I'll post a longer reply later--I've been off work for a few days and I'm swamped--but I wanted to throw out a topic that I don't think people have really discussed yet. If we do not define our universe, others will define it for us. That's the primary reason why I became more visible in the community; I didn't want a certain community or certain style to define my particular brand of bloodsucking. And just being a "known" person is enough.

I'll flesh out this idea when I have more time to do so. Maybe this is a cent now and I'll throw in the second cent later?

FB and Twitter: bloodypinklady
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »

Sounds good Pink Lady; I'll be looking forward to more on that idea. I'm thinking that you might be explaining one idea that I can't seem to pin down, and I agree so far.

Alison Demzon
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »

I agree also.

I Live for Love.
VaMpCHiLD
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »

i believe that no matter what happens in our community, it is going to be one hell of a fight for us to not only get others to "understand" us, let alone accept us. one thing i have noticed about myself, is the lack of wanting to feed. i need the energy on a daily basis, i still the taste of iron in my mouth, at times, but it's been quite some time since i have really fed. my girlfriend brought up this post that demzon has written, and i asked her the question "am i still considered a vampire because i no longer feed on a regular basis?" am i the only one in the community that does not feed on a regular basis? did i awaken at the age of 23, went through all the physical and mental problems that one goes through, and it has gone away? i am now asking myself all of these questions.

anyway, demzon, i agree with your post. i enjoyed reading it, and i believe "js" needs to be ignored, no matter what the idiot does to gain attention from the world, let alone our community.

~vc~
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 01:05:51 AM »

i believe that no matter what happens in our community, it is going to be one hell of a fight for us to not only get others to "understand" us, let alone accept us. one thing i have noticed about myself, is the lack of wanting to feed. i need the energy on a daily basis, i still the taste of iron in my mouth, at times, but it's been quite some time since i have really fed. my girlfriend brought up this post that demzon has written, and i asked her the question "am i still considered a vampire because i no longer feed on a regular basis?" am i the only one in the community that does not feed on a regular basis? did i awaken at the age of 23, went through all the physical and mental problems that one goes through, and it has gone away? i am now asking myself all of these questions.

anyway, demzon, i agree with your post. i enjoyed reading it, and i believe "js" needs to be ignored, no matter what the idiot does to gain attention from the world, let alone our community.

~vc~

I would say that if you have the availability to feed but you don't want to says that something is wrong somewhere. With out further info I couldn't begin to theorize. Part of my not feeding regularly, or correctly has two reasons. First, after everyone took off to their on things I ended up with no donor around for a few years. Second, after I did start meeting people within the community there was still no donor to be found, and then there was an interesting bit of damage done to me that lead to my being repulsed and nauseated by even the sight blood. I've healed for the most part; but it still takes a little effort after the blood is there. I want it so badly, until it's there, and part of that could be because of the length of time and, as I mentioned before, the Catholic ideas of the morality of blood that is not really wine being ingested.
If you want to talk more about what's going on with you either open a subject and let me know where it is or send me a message. I'm sure that everyone would be interested in what is wrong, but I don't know how much you want this in the public view.

Alison Demzon
vitchy
Level 4 Contributor

Hello

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 09:41:06 PM »

I think you are what you believe you are whether it fits a norm or not.  I didnt know that you had to consume a certain amount to be classified as a vampyre

*look at the world thru pure light*
Demzon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 11:51:22 PM »

I think you are what you believe you are whether it fits a norm or not.  I didnt know that you had to consume a certain amount to be classified as a vampyre

That doesn't follow sorry. I can believe that I'm a tomato, but it's not going to happen.
It is a really, really long story that I was trying to shorten up there and apparently it didn't work well. Suffice to say that I do not see feeding as a 'luxury' any more, and that not feeding when your hungry is a bad thing. Not so concerned about volume or time intervals so much as feeding helps if you do really need it.
Remind me to tell that story of those 15 years of no feeding in the full form some time if your really that bored. Wink

Alison Demzon
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »

I think, a common trait is a related 'need' in the classification of vampire.  IE.. if feeding is not done, something negative happens.

Being able to use vampiric techniques dosnt necessarily make you a vamp.  It just means.. you can.  Many can.

What specifically deffines a vamp?  Its still fairly grey zone.  Peoples definitions vary widely.  For some, "I drank blood once and it gave me a rush" is enough.  Others, its more of a frequent requirement.

Myself.. sometimes.. energy vamping can dull some of the pain I get.  For me, most times feeding is a luxury, I dont need to do it, and sometimes when I do it, it dosnt help the pain.  Very often, I refer to myself as someone who uses vampire methods as a result.   

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
D, ,
Level 2 Contributor

I am D, ,

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:45 AM »

So really what i have started in 2005 is what needs to come to fruition , litterally Vampire rights .. just like gay or lesbian stuff. there is a degree  that they have decreed as human rights, and also a right against discrimination.  so im working to actually make this a legitimate non profit org. we made a myspace group and that was kinda just to get some people to gather supporters etc
D, ,

D, ,
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »

We do need a movement I do believe, and as far as losing your vamp if you will we are all different even among our own, for what is true for oneself is not necessarily true for someone else.

I Live for Love.
D, ,
Level 2 Contributor

I am D, ,

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 12:01:23 AM »

The other key to this is also getting support from those others who have had similar problems as mutual supporters, they don't have to believe in us only to realize discrimination is wrong for any reason, so swans and others , moving for it as for saying there are people signed up for it is more than enough . our only worry would be issues of  then trying to make all of us show our selves, i am not for this, i hated even popping out of the shadows to do as much as i have , but you may only do so much from the shadows eventually some one is going to see your hands ...
D, ,

D, ,
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »

I would first ask, what rights do you think you do not have, and why?

In most cases, the ostracization and social effects many vamps claim, stem more from  the fact they are uber gothed out angsty emo types.  Most normal people  could care less if you nip on a little blood in the privacy of your own home.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
D, ,
Level 2 Contributor

I am D, ,

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 10:41:41 AM »

it would seem you missed the main point ... I just mentioned this is about anti discrimination you go around or if they find out you have anything to do with vampires, they might just treat you different , in some cases it could be unfairly.
perhaps they might right you off as some one who might just have a fetish being your in the bdsm community, they will right off you thinking you might be a vampire and just think you might have a blood fetish more acceptable for them of course .

but the normal people would look at you crossed eyed though you a performer. 
i move in your circles , i have no tats no piercings and i don't want any . I am not anything emo... if your in the privacy of your own home, who should know that your niping on it... ?

the fear of taboo and thats what causes people to be ostracized(they haven't done it to the trendy emo kids ) is simple and founded , we see people hiding their identities people worried that they will be called insane, its not quite talking psychology about abused people being drawn to abuse. they will quote many things that do not really have to do with it, but sure as hell prescribe you some thing for it. hell it would seem lots of people are trying to take the blood out of vampirism. (seems weird to fight for a label then to mess it up)

you think they would not label all of us in the psychopathia sexualus for nothing? i've spend the better part of 25+ years doing what i do and im not going to have some one find out and get away with doing some things.

some things if they like you they might just take it(and pretend it's not there.) some might just not say how they feel .

so what rights the rights we should have??? Not  to be treated any differently than anyone . they will think your nuts but i'm more concerned what they try to make happen. i have been in something similar of a situation work and people might be bothered by it and  not like it , and let it effect their better judgment.
most normal people will just think you need help that your nuts, and might be committed. id like to make it clear that that kind of thing never should happen.
D, ,

D, ,
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 06:49:14 PM »

I myself don't care who knows who or what I am, as far as clothing style I just wear what I think looks good on me I never classify my style, for I am Dave, not I am my clothing, no matter what others think you will be you, I just want respect from everyone for isn't that what humanity is supposed to mean?

I Live for Love.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: