AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:48:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  General Spiritual & Philosophical Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Mortality and Depression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mortality and Depression  (Read 5218 times)
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« on: March 04, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »

I get too emotionally caught up in things, which makes me crack and hurt easier than a normal person, and has caused my depression. I dwell FAR too much on whats seen to others as insignificant things (for hours and often days or weeks at a time), causing the pain. I'm so much more sensitive and affected by sadness or grief than most people.

Thanks for your consideration, but you shouldnt be sorry; it wasnt your fault. My doctor said it was most likely caused by abnormally prolonged grief and sadness.

I've had many deaths in my family over the years but I just couldnt (and still cant) accept it. I was unable to move on for about a full year, then my mother forces me to see a psycologist up until recently. After that incident, I developed a deep sadness that grew to depression which had worsened and completely turned my outlook on life upside down. It made me convince myself there was no sense in living at all. And that made me seem to not care anymore or feel much anything but sadness.

Not really depression due to the loss of my grandmother, but more like due to the way it impacted my way of thinking. That normal depression spiralled into manic depression and i awakened as a Sang. I'm just way way too sensitive to anything and that caused physical pain that too worsened and now here I am. I also think the depression caused fibromyalgia, but i'm really not sure, though. I have most of the symptoms. (Sorry for the novel!)

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
vitchy
Level 4 Contributor

Hello

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »

No problem with the novel.  At my job I've got time.  Plus, I'm a good listener (so Ive been told). And I like trying to help if I can. 

Guess I should have said I empathize with you. As a young child, I watched so many relatives pass due to my parents having me so late. And I really dont like setting foot inside a funeral home.  And family get to gethers just remind me of those who I will see pass very soon. 

But I'm happy that they all seemed to have lived a long happy life and hope to do the same. You never know. So, I lived each day like its my last and make sure my children know they should do the same for none of our days are promised.

*look at the world thru pure light*
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »

Too true...its so depressing that life has to be that way. And thats most of my problem. I don't deal with pain or change well. I too think that way every time i see an elderly person (even if they are happy with their life). It just upsets me. I think all we can do is try to live our lives and pray others will make it. Thanks a lot for the advice. Appreciate it!

--hope all's well.

Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 05:38:15 AM »

Well the plain fact is that we are all going to die. There is no way around this. You live therefore you die. However, maybe you have lost the big picture of things? Death is a necessity if you think about it. The only way that more advanced life could have happened on the planet is because some of the population in a species that were less fit died. At the same time, others reproduced and their kids were more successful.

Think of all the countless species you were before you became you. And how each of them fought for survival to reproduce. Reproduction lead to the outcome of you being born. All other species that were similar to us died off. This makes us special. It makes every species, that survived, special. They and us made it when we could have died off like Lucy (the name of a prehistoric hominid).

Also, the carbon that makes up our bodies (since the origin of the universe) was made up of mostly hydrogen. All the more complex molecules in our bodies are made up of stardust. So despite the fact that science explains what happens, knowing that you were once part of a star burning millions of years ago (and that you might now be able to see the small speck of light of the star now dead that your body came from) makes reality that much more amazing.

Granted life is sometimes short. Too short. But things like love do last forever. Just think of the love that was in every mother to their child that you come from. All that desire to live. And wanting their children to live. So that makes everything worth it, and more awe inspiring at least to me.

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »

That was entirely amazing!!!0.o And entirely true. Never thought of it like that before...though it kinda scrambles my brain, makes me wonder...thanks a lot you all for your kind advice! If anyone happens to have a say on this matter, u know what to do.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: