AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2022, 11:58:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Mixed | Hybrid | Shifter | Other (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  The Nephilim 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Nephilim  (Read 14838 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: January 29, 2008, 10:28:49 PM »

POST BY MrMysteriis  NOV. 6, 2005

"The origination of the Nephilim begins with a story of the fallen angels. Originating in the Book of Enoch {Apocrypha} Shemhazai, an angel of high rank, led a sect of angels in a descent to earth to instruct humans in righteousness.  The mission lasted for a few centuries, but soon the soldiers/missionaries/angels became corrupted in their lusting after human females. After lusting, the fallen angels instructed the women in magic and conjuring, mated with them, and produced offspring, who would later be referred to as the Nephilim."

"The Nefilim were upon the Earth in those days and thereafter too. Those sons of the gods who cohabited with the daughters of the Adam, and they bore children into them. They were the Mighty Ones of Eternity, the People of the Shem."

It is said that only half of our numbers are incarnate in flesh at any given moment and it shall be that way life after life untill the end.  It is also said our number is very small the first who told me i was of this race and that was why i knew so much without ever learning  it said our kind retain all knowlege from lifetime to lifetime and must mearly find a way to unlock it "we will never know more than we already knew" she said we are only 44 in number. since then and years later i have had 2 others tell me i was of that race without even bringing it up and to this day i have only encounterd one other of my kind.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »

POST BY ECLECTA NOV 8, 2005

I am copying and pasting a post from a different board I am on... I am curious to see what you think about it....

As many in the community are aware, there is often a lot of discussion surrounding angelics, demonics, and (of course) the Nephilim. There are those who, based on Enoch 7:6 (and other passages, such as 15:11-12), suggest that vampires (and other...um...Otherkin) are the descendents of these Nephilim.

The Nephilim, also called Giants, also called Sons of the Watchers (Enoch only) were "lawless ones", called "evil spirits" by men because of the way they sinned against animals, men, and the Earth. They acted against the Law of Yahweh not out of evil nature, but out of chaotic nature. They did not eat or drink but still Hungered and Thirsted. They ate flesh and drank blood of men. But still, Enoch makes it clear that men call them evil. It is not evil in their nature, but madness. This is the reason that angels and men are not meant to interbreed. As Enoch explains later, Angels are of the spirit and not meant to have wives. By violating the law and transubstantiating into human form and mating with human women, they violated this intrinsic rule of nature. He says that a being both of spirit and of flesh is born and that it is not meant either for Heaven or Earth but that since it is born into flesh on the Earth, on Earth it must stay.

The Nephilim are sighted long after the flood, even in the days of David (Goliath the Giant was a descendent of Anak, a Nephilim), and in theory may even still walk the Earth today. If this were the case, the angelic bloodline would be much diluted, but some of the power, madness, and Hunger would still remain in the children of the Nephilim. I am not alone when I ask: Are we these children?

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 11:30:38 PM »

Steve Quayle's site lists proposed proof of there once being a race of giants on earth.

http://www.stevequayle.com/Giants/N.Am/hidden.proofs.giant.race.html

Also makes the interesting suggestion that Stonehenge was built by Giants. Quote from the site follows:

"There is ample reasons to believe that the monoliths in Salisbury, England, were not built by either the Druids or normal human beings. When one consider the megaliths proportions, tonnage, and lack of resources in terms of both nature and human; and the lack of technology, the possibility that I am suggesting is not so far-fetched as it may seem."

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 01:39:22 AM »

Discussions with a friend recently led me to this other proposed Giant/Nephilim creation. While modern historians have spun this to be the result of volcanic activity, people still gravitate towards the "Giant" explanation.

From the pics, this is an awesome spectacle.

LINK: http://www.northantrim.com/giantscauseway.htm

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Ocean
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:34:21 AM »

I know this is an older thread but I thought I would post anyway. Ancientamerican.org - it has some fascinating archaelogical articles and digs relating to this topic.

My personal knowledge of things...
I remember a long time ago when we moved with the presence of thought, manifesting as we needed to be. I was a messenger. When the world fell down into itself I remained- not for myself, but for everyone else...

That's what I have remembered.

Crazy people don't scare me, it's th people who think they are sane...
ariesffa1500
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 08:58:40 AM »

I personally have yet to meet any of them in this lifetime, but in the past the "neph" and I never got along. I still don't like the thought of having to deal with them, but in these modern times information has become even more valuable than it used to be. And it used to be priceless as it was. They have always been a relatively reliable source of information. But due to their chaotic nature their information is skewed at times. Rarely though was it outright wrong though.

From whence we have come do we once again return. Life and Death are integral parts of the same whole, without one the other does not exist.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Such is true, thus knowledge is power so knowledge corrupts and absolute knowledge corrupts absolutely.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »

I have never met or thought to have met a nephilim but I have read loads about them
This is interesting since in this article says that the Archangel Gabriel destroyed the nephilim

Genesis 6:4 states "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days --and also afterwards-- when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." The Nephilim were a race of giants that were produced by the sexual union of the sons of God (presumably fallen angels) and the daughters of men. Translated from the Hebrew texts, "Nephilim" means "fallen ones." They were renowned for their strength, prowess, and a great capacity for sinfulness.

The origination of the Nephilim begins with a story of the fallen angels. Shemhazai, an angel of high rank, led a sect of angels in a descent to earth to instruct humans in righteousness. The tutelage went on for a few centuries, but soon the angels pined for the human females. After lusting, the fallen angels instructed the women in magic and conjuring, mated with them, and produced hybrid offspring: the Nephilim.

The Nephilim were gigantic in stature. Their strength was prodigious and their appetites immense. Upon devouring all of humankind's resources, they began to consume humans themselves. The Nephilim attacked and oppressed humans and were the cause of massive destruction on the earth.

Two texts of central import to the story of the Nephilim, the Bible and the Dead Sea Scrolls, mention several names for the Nephilim. The diverse kinds of these giants are cited in several passages. They are variously referred to as Emim, or "Terrors" (Gen. 14:5; Deut. 2:10), Rephaim, or "Weakeners" or "Dead Ones" (2 Sam. 23:13; 1 Chron. 11:15), Gibborim, or "Giant Heroes" (Job 16:4), Zamzummim, or "Achievers" (Deut. 2:10), Anakim, or "Long-necked" (Deut. 2:10; Josh. 11:22, 14:15), and Awwim or "Devastators" and "Serpents." Other giants are mentioned in these texts as well, such as Goliath (2 Sam. 21:19), a giant with twelve fingers and twelve toes who is mentioned as one of the Rephaim (2 Sam. 21:20), and a tall Egyptian (1 Chron. 11:23).

The passage of Numbers 13:26-33 recounts the Nephilim of Canaan that Joshua and the other Hebrew spies saw. Furthermore, according to Judaic lore, a certain one of the Nephilim, Arba, built a city, Kiriath Arba, which was named for its builder and is now known as Hebron.

The wickedness of the Nephilim carried with it a heavy toll. Genesis 6:5 alludes to the corruption that the Nephilim had caused amongst humans and themselves: "The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become..." Their evil rebellion had incurred both the wrath and grief of God. God instructed the angel Gabriel to ignite a civil war among the Nephilim. He also chose Enoch, a righteous man, to inform the fallen angels of the judgment pronounced on them and their children. God did not allow the fallen angels any peace, for they could not lift their eyes to heaven and were later to be chained. The end of the Nephilim came about in the war incited by Gabriel, in which the giants eventually annihilated each other.

Nephilim
by Judd H. Burton

Some rabbis have speculated that the angels' sin was to reproduce. Certain passages in Jewish Midrash talk of how angels are immortal and do not need to reproduce. Since humans are not, they must reproduce in order to achieve immortality in their descendents.

http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articleview.asp?Post=186

According to these texts, the fallen angels who begat the Nephilim were cast into Tartarus/Gehenna, a place of 'total darkness'. However, Jubilees also states that God granted ten percent of the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim to remain after the flood, as demons, to try to lead the human race astray (through idolatry, the occult, etc.) until the final Judgement.

http://www.answers.com/topic/nephilim

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
K. Muraki
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 10:31:19 PM »

The Nephilim and the Grigori who begot them are something very dear to my heart and mind, and I relate to them completely. I've often wondered if the Nephilim might not be the source of vampirism. The Book of Enoch mentions them "consuming" men and beasts, which could interpreted as some kind of cannibalism or maybe just plain old blood- and/or energy-drinking.
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »

The Nephilim and the Grigori who begot them are something very dear to my heart and mind, and I relate to them completely. I've often wondered if the Nephilim might not be the source of vampirism. The Book of Enoch mentions them "consuming" men and beasts, which could interpreted as some kind of cannibalism or maybe just plain old blood- and/or energy-drinking.

I've heard that theory before. There are people who call themselves nephilim, and others who trace their vampirism from the name. But as with any origin theory, unfortunately its not an umbrella for all vampires.

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
HighPriestesschar
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 07:28:15 PM »

My ancestor was propertied to be a Grigori, so I believe that many different things or powers came to the humans when they mixed with these Grigori. Myth are we were of the old religion, and once druids too, we had a Giant or Grigori in our family, many of the ancestor had powers. We had an uncle that was a vampire and a cousin that was a (Hound) or werewolf back in the ancient line. Weird family line ha people!

Peace,love and harmony...Blessed Be...High Priestess Char
Bennu
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 01:13:48 PM »

Some rabbis have speculated that the angels' sin was to reproduce. Certain passages in Jewish Midrash talk of how angels are immortal and do not need to reproduce. Since humans are not, they must reproduce in order to achieve immortality in their descendents.

Is the lack of immortality in reference to the physical, or is it suggesting that there isn't "life everlasting" in death as well?
Plump Black Swan
Level 3 Contributor

♥Let Flights Of Angels Sing Thee To Thy Rest♥

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:44 AM »

If I may answer the question, it is the lack of immortality in reference to the physical. There is "life everlasting" after one dies. That's what I believe.

Is the lack of immortality in reference to the physical, or is it suggesting that there isn't "life everlasting" in death as well?

♡May your days be short & Nights everlasting♡
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: