AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2020, 10:06:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Therianthropy & Were (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Vamps, Weres, & Body Sense 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vamps, Weres, & Body Sense  (Read 11267 times)
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« on: January 29, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »

POSTED BY ZERO APR. 14, 2006

I was wondering about this for a while, and the discussion on the similarities of weres and vampires brought it to mind.

Although vampires and weres have some commonalities and some overlap in certain traits, one of the things that vampires don't ever seem to talk about is the misplaced sense of their own bodies that both weres and Otherkin discuss fairly often.

Some folks have said that they can identify weres because their energy body either shifts between forms, displays animal traits, or is actually the shape of that person's animal-side. Some Otherkin can similarly be identified by the non-human characteristics of their energy bodies.

Vampires don't talk about this as a personal experience very much, and I doubt it's anywhere near as dramatic as what weres and otherkin get, but I do wonder if there is something similar that some vampires experience, where the shape of the mental self, the energy body, or the sensed self doesn't quite match up to the physical form.

I had been treating this, like shifting, as a main line of demarcation between the nebulous categories of "vampire" and "were," as something that definitely marked a person as one or the other. But I realized that I had this stereotype of body sense as being "mismatched" in weres and Otherkin, but never in vampires, but I'd never even seen the question addressed by vampries.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:19:22 pm »

REPLY BY SETHNUNMIN

I agree, Zero.  I've 'seen' or sensed energy bodies of weres, otherkin and vamps and have to agree with your hypothesis about the difference. 

Vamp energy bodies generally do not shift, at least not as much as with weres and otherkin. 

And whereas otherkin energy signatures are different than most and can even resemble their origin 'specie', they are still rather stable. 

Were signatures are flexible/reactive; energy surges are common and shifting patterns, frequencies and planes are not always controllable.

~Seth

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:21:53 pm »

REPLY BY ECLECTA APR 26, 2006

I've never felt out of place in my body.  I'm sure it's where I should be. 

Having heard similar topics tossed around on other forums related to weres it does make ya wonder.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:09 pm »

REPLY BY ZERO MAY 17, 2006

I don't feel that my body isn't some place that I oughtn't be, and in fact I've spent years training physically in martial arts of various sorts - I'm probably better off in my skin than most ordinary people are. 

I was more wondering about the ability of others to identify vampires by the sight or feel of the vamp's energy body, and curious as to the fact that no one ever mentions any vampiric "giveaways" in terms of form. Several weres have said that they recognize vampires by the telltale pattern of high activity at the surface of the energy body contrasted with a "black hole" or very empty feeling in the center. However, I haven't heard that aside from a select few sources.

Some human energy workers can "just tell" that what they're looking at is a vamp, but I've never heard why they think that.

I've heard that some energy workers have misidentified vampries as being humans in very poor health, which is interesting - that they might use the perceived sickness condition to possibly pick us out.

But with all the other types of 'kin, there are energy body differences. It would be cool to collect some data on what the verifiable, reproducable perceptions of vampires are across multiple types of sensitive people.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 10:24:32 pm »

REPLY BY ECLECTA APR 18, 2006

Do you mean then how regular energy workers percieve us as opposed to us perceiving each other? 

I perceive other vamps as being vamps based simply on the "feel" of thier energy.  The black hole you mentioned is present in varying degrees based on when the vamp has last consumed energy of a significant amount.  But what usually makes me identify the newly awakened is that "sucking" feeling you get when you are around them because they don't know how to stop it or contain it so that it stops to any extent. 

Those who know how to control thier energy like us in AVA, whom I know personally, I identify based on the way I "feel" the energy pattern or aura that surrounds us.  Now, even if that aura isn't something I can physically see, it's still there enough to give me a peception of the energy being stored usually in the stomach area ironically...  Anyway, it swirls around kinda like our logo does with a defined center.. which is the reason I liked our logo so much, LOL.

But there are some who are older, talking about those who are more advanced in thier vampirism, not in actual years, have a way, perhaps shielding or hiding (not blocking, but cloaking, kinda), that blocks me from perceiving at all, which sets off my "suspicious" alarm, and then I pilfer around until I figure it out, usually causing them to come ask me what I think I'm doing, which verifies to a certain degree that I'm either right and they are vamp, or they are just some sort of otherkin.

Now, for some reason, I can identify vamps easily enough, but everything else, outside of normal human energy, seems vague in the sense, I know its different, and that it's more than human, but I don't know one from the other...

Have I made any sense whatsoever?

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 10:25:41 pm »

REPLY BY GOTHIK NOV. 12, 2006

Its fascinating to hear the "black hole" description is used by weres about vampires. I remember when I first saw one in me. It was between my chest and my navel (figure roughly solar plexus).  I think its still there but its changed somehow. It isn't so "starved for energy" like it was when I first saw it. Perchance this is a good thing.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
wicthdragon
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008, 11:07:31 pm »

Very interesting. I can tell at times but not always. 
I find it easer to tell in a place that is not too busy and a place I have never been for some reason.

THE God maker.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:40:32 pm »

Interesting. So far with my scans on Vampires, they often show up as "blanks." Meaning their energy/soul bodies don't show any distinguishing features unlike with any other kinds. Also, they don't seem to show any aura and the usual color I get from them is either white or transparent. Weird stuff.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 01:14:02 pm »

More likely its the fact that the energy you are expending to "scan" them is effectively being eaten.
When "hiding" many of us make an effort to actually "push out" varying levels of energy so that we seem more "normal", especially when around other energy workers.

---Mal
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 04:48:23 pm »

.. Heh, interesting.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 08:54:54 am »

I seldom have this issue when scanning vamps, but I am, to say the least, a little heavy-handed in the amount of energy I use to do so. <lol>

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
de libre
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 06:52:41 pm »

I can partially agree with the transparent or non-viewable you might get from some vamps but it certainly isn't true for all, and some that are not have that..but I know where you're coming from. I can always tell usually if people are not 'normal' persay in terms of vamp, were and other things that is not quite the norm. Two nights ago I was in my dorm, and I was walked out to the back patio and saw two people I had met months ago. I talked to the on occasion but never really were friends or anything like that. Then finally when I got out there I was like okay guys, I know you two are different and your energy is different. I told them about a metaphysical festival coming out, heck I told them everything all at once. They were so surprised that they themselves opened up, saying that they knew something about me was different but didn't want to say anything either. They told me that they both read auras and what not...and read a lot of books...it was funny.  It was 4:30ish in the morning and we kept on talking for hours, but a few minutes when I met them I did a scan on the female and I helped aid with the uncovering of some very deep mental things...with past sexual issues. Anywho, it was nice to have met them and the guy says that he will open up a metaphysical place. I am super excited, and he said he would hire me in a heartbeat, and the lady said I was extremely good lol so I was flattered but like your too kind!

Than I talked about other people they had knew, and ventured into another person and talked about them and how he had an animalistic personality, and the other female I knew that dated him and how she was such a 'healer' naturally from her energy...she doesn't have to do anything just her presence lol..sad thing is she's not really that aware of it. I told both of the two I'd met that night that he was a therian a wolf to be exact, and the male who knew him better laughed and was like yup supervised you picked that up.

So, that night I just opened up to a flurry of energy manipulators and therians and other said people haha it was very nice.
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 10:40:30 pm »

Wow, impressive. Wish that'd happen more often with others.
daisyrocket
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2009, 08:49:16 pm »

After I feed off of someone that has a strong sense of themselves I will perceive myself as them for awhile. I theorize it is that I didn't filter the energy at all and therefor am experiencing what it feels like to be them from their perspective. Pardon all those words.

You've sated your appretite and mated with the midnight sky. How beautiful it is in your own shadow.
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 12:59:47 pm »

yes, thats normal if you dont filter the energy.....if youre not careful you can get an energetic overlay from it....which means the foreign energy is permenantly imprinted on your system...needless to say, it hinders your abilitys...

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: