AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:37:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Pain From Feeding (Panic Attack?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Pain From Feeding (Panic Attack?)  (Read 41149 times)
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 12:29:25 PM »

P.S. I know the author personally.

Baldur, guard me, that the blows of my enemies may ne'er find purchase gainst the shield of my faith in Asgard. Tyr, guide that my hand be steady and my blade strike true and swift at the enemies of the Allfather.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:16:56 PM »

P.S. I know the author personally.

---School friends. Sorry for the confusion, everyone.

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 07:51:57 AM »

Thanks for the advice. I'll see to getting that checked out. I was originally going to a cardiologist anyways because I had a severe panic attack not too long ago. Since then, I've felt an odd pressure on my chest...

About this matter, could depression play into it somehow? I feel kind of embarrassed to say this, but I have been diagnosed with severe manic depression so when I feel depressed, I feel an actual physical pain around my heart area. Therefore I think that could be part or most of it. At the time, I thought I was having a heart attack though, but it went away after about 2 minutes or so...

I don't know. Whats your take? Could my depression be a cause?

I have read with interest the posts regarding your issue, I am unaware of your age or family history and therefore i cannot make a comment about cardiac related issues even though i was a paramedic.
Here is a suggestion that works for me, after non feeding for a long time (i feed on blood directly) i get anxiety attacks and panic attacks through the onslaught of emotion from feeding. To counteract this i use sex as a distraction from the attacks, thus enabling me to feed contentedly. Try this and see how you go.
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »

Lately, I've been having this direct need for blood. I keep trying to use energies for sustenance but my craving for blood has gotten all but uncontrollable. I've managed to sate it somewhat with my own but even that is starting to fail. What the fuck is going on?

Baldur, guard me, that the blows of my enemies may ne'er find purchase gainst the shield of my faith in Asgard. Tyr, guide that my hand be steady and my blade strike true and swift at the enemies of the Allfather.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 09:52:53 PM »

Lately, I've been having this direct need for blood. I keep trying to use energies for sustenance but my craving for blood has gotten all but uncontrollable. I've managed to sate it somewhat with my own but even that is starting to fail. What the fuck is going on?

Perhaps it has something to do with denial only going so far?

Automotive Necromancer
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »

Tensou, pm me. I'll talk with you, just REALLY busy with artwork, so might be a while. I mean, we were schoolmates..

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »

You may be right about denial, but I have long gotten past the heartbreak and moved on but my bloodlust has only grown. Is it possible for a psi or hybrid to go full sanguinarian?

WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

We know virtually nothing about what sang and psi vampirism ARE...so the answer has to be yes, it's possible.  But hybrids do need blood, not just energy, that is what defines them after all. 

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 10:21:20 AM »

We know virtually nothing about what sang and psi vampirism ARE...so the answer has to be yes, it's possible.  But hybrids do need blood, not just energy, that is what defines them after all. 
I know that hybrids require blood as well, but I feel that requiring blood and actively feeding off of it is too parasitic. I hate having to find energy at every turn and not being able to store it. I'm not only a vampire but at the same time I'm a fire energy type. Fire types must absorb energy constantly but being a vamp and requiring more energy than I can absorb has done nothing for me other than make me more volatile. I work tirelessly to keep my urges under control, but even someone with my will has immense trouble. Is there any way to force a change from Hybrid to Psi?

WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »

Frequently, people don't get to pick what they are.  Who they are, sure--but not what they are.

You don't require more energy than you can absorb.  You most likely require a different TYPE of energy than what you're taking.

If you need blood, then you need blood.  A hybrid isn't a cross between a sang and a psy-vamp.  It's someone who is BOTH a sang and psy-vamp, with all of the typical sang traits and everything that goes along with that.  You cannot substitute energy for blood--you need what you need.

I think you also need to re-evaluate the relationship between a vampire and donor.  Yes, it's true--it can be parasitic.  But it doesn't have to be.  Some donors are simply wired differently, and appear to benefit from donating.  That makes the relationship symbiotic, not parasitic--it's beneficial to both parties.  If you don't want to behave like a predator or parasite, seek out a donor who is compatible and will benefit from donating to you.

This isn't a war between you and your urges.  If you try to turn into one, and you win...then you lose.  Your body's telling you what it needs.  The consequences of ignoring that are obvious.

--Winged Wolf
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »

Frequently, people don't get to pick what they are.  Who they are, sure--but not what they are.

You don't require more energy than you can absorb.  You most likely require a different TYPE of energy than what you're taking.

If you need blood, then you need blood.  A hybrid isn't a cross between a sang and a psy-vamp.  It's someone who is BOTH a sang and psy-vamp, with all of the typical sang traits and everything that goes along with that.  You cannot substitute energy for blood--you need what you need.

I think you also need to re-evaluate the relationship between a vampire and donor.  Yes, it's true--it can be parasitic.  But it doesn't have to be.  Some donors are simply wired differently, and appear to benefit from donating.  That makes the relationship symbiotic, not parasitic--it's beneficial to both parties.  If you don't want to behave like a predator or parasite, seek out a donor who is compatible and will benefit from donating to you.

This isn't a war between you and your urges.  If you try to turn into one, and you win...then you lose.  Your body's telling you what it needs.  The consequences of ignoring that are obvious.
Vampirism is a defect between the body and its energies. Everyone has a certain type of energy affinity. I am a fire type, and fire types constantly absorb energy. I am also a Hybrid which, as you said, requires both blood and energy. Therefore, I constantly absorb immense quantities of energy whilst also needing blood. My question is can I find a way to substitute energy for blood when I'm around air types, which give off infinite amounts of energy.

WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »

I'm sorry, but vampirism is usually not a defect of any kind.  Most vampires are operating exactly the way they are supposed to operate, and they have very unusual energy systems which are complete and often more intricate than those of non-vampires.

You're substituting your magickal philosophy in liu of asking questions and making observations. 

To be blunt, no.  You cannot substitute energy for blood.  Whatever it is in blood that sangs need, no one I know of, including myself, has been able to separate it from physical blood.  I know several master energy-workers, and they can't do it, either.  Perhaps it isn't energy, but if it is, it's not accessible without blood itself.

All energy is not the same.  (Those who believe it is, well, they can feel free to plug themselves into a wall socket the next time they're hungry).

There's a reason psychic vampires instinctively feed off of people.  People aren't the richest source of psychic energy around--the Earth itself is.  They don't NEED Earth energy.  They need the energy types that people produce.  Taking in the wrong energy type can only fool a person's system for so long.  It's like eating styrofoam.  It fills the belly, but doesn't nourish.

--Winged Wolf
NyteMuse
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »

First off, +1 to WWP. I'm not going to double-answer, but this was bugging me and I had to address

I am a fire type, and fire types constantly absorb energy.
My question is can I find a way to substitute energy for blood when I'm around air types, which give off infinite amounts of energy.

WTH? I've been studying astrology for some time now and have never heard of these attributions. I know non-vampiric fire signs and vampiric everything-else-signs, and also know air signs who are not vampiric but definitely have finite amounts of energy so I have no clue where you're getting this sort of thing.

I suppose you could be referring to something that is not western astrology, but if you are, you might want to specify, as "fire types" and "air types" are most commonly attributed to astrology.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »

Yeah, infinite is a pretty strong word.

I am entirely sure I have never met anyone with an infinite capacity for energy, nor anyone who produces infinite energy.  LOTS, yes.  Infinite, of course not. 

--Winged Wolf
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »

First off, +1 to WWP. I'm not going to double-answer, but this was bugging me and I had to address

I am a fire type, and fire types constantly absorb energy.
My question is can I find a way to substitute energy for blood when I'm around air types, which give off infinite amounts of energy.

WTH? I've been studying astrology for some time now and have never heard of these attributions. I know non-vampiric fire signs and vampiric everything-else-signs, and also know air signs who are not vampiric but definitely have finite amounts of energy so I have no clue where you're getting this sort of thing.

I suppose you could be referring to something that is not western astrology, but if you are, you might want to specify, as "fire types" and "air types" are most commonly attributed to astrology.
What I mean by air types and fire types are the type of spiritual energy an individual possesses. There are three types of energy I know of; spiritual, physical, and mental. The spiritual type determines your type of absorption, the amount you absorb at a certain rate, and how you interact with others of the same and different types. That's what I was getting at.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: