AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 03:23:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Other Religious, Spiritual, & Philosophical Paradigms (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Muslim Islam? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Muslim Islam?  (Read 7573 times)
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:25 pm »

On youtube, I got a bit into a heated argument with a guy. I think he is Islamic Muslim.

For some reason, me not believing in a god meant I was insulting him. And he could then swear at me and be as mean as he wanted to be to me.

I had though Muhammad wanted peace before this, but now I don't know what to think. I'm a bit of a Taoist and if you read the teaching of Tao Te Ching he says for something to be real it must be apparent by everyone. That to force it on someone is wrong. If it's obvious, it's great because it doesn't need to say it's great it just is.

Things are made great because they do not demand to be great. In that they are great. I see that as nature being great, you don't have to give it power or pray to it. It just is. Therfore, it's great because it doesn't demand greatness. So in that logic, I can't believe in any god that is forced on people because if it's real it doesn't need force.

That is why I am an Atheist (I'm Agnostic when it comes to an afterlife, but Atheist when it comes to a god). How is this against Islam? I don't understand why he acted the way he did. A guy posted telling me he was part of Islam4UK, I'm from the US. >.< And totally confused on like everything.

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:39:28 am »

Personally, I believe in a universal god. But I totally get where your coming from. And that kid (wether he was insulted or not) shouldn't have acted the way he did. If he's really the faith that he says he is.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 12:30:44 pm »

Yep. And Jesus preached peace at any cost turn your other cheek; sacrifice yourself and preach the gospel to your executioner; all that fun stuff. Where did the crusades and inquisition come from?

If ya have the time, look into the Quran and find some passages which demonstrate peace, not aggression.Turn his own religion against him.

That is if its ACTUALLY his religion and not his political affiliation (I hate politics. Anywhere that a man is payed to do something, he becomes biased towards his employer. Hence, anyone that can make a career off of politics is predisposed to corruption. Not to mention they're distanced from the people they represent. Only a worker in a steel mill can tell you the situation there. Although, thats going into unions which is another ridiculous topic. Digression over)

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 01:40:18 pm »

SilverRose yea exactly to me if a god need justification then they aren't a god they are myths people made up. The hard part is that as patcondell put it acting human only works for humans it doesn't translate to gods. XD

Etheros Twilight
lol yea his reasons for acting the way he was acting were this

For avoidance of doubt, I'm NOT here to convert ANYONE! I'm here for pest and parasite control! I have no illusions about atheists - I know they're dead and dying souls! I simply want to render them harmless, as the rot away, to the living! So forget your ideas that I'm here to win popularity - I'm NOT!

I copy and pasted what he said. He said other things but they are a bit offensive, more so then this. XD That's his logic which if his god is real then why would he feel the need to do this? It's like he wants to make his god so badly that says whatever he can because he's that insecure about it. At least with the more fanatical Christians they just after finding out my religion no longer want to talk to me. This guy is actually crazy and aggressive about it, and to be honest it all I feel for him is piety. (which if you know me that is a feeling I hold in very low regards, lower then hate) XD It's just if this is how people are if this is what they advocate, it seems no mater how much truth serum you give them they are crazy. I am at a bit of a loss on it. How can things be better when there is this madness?

SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 01:50:43 pm »

He's just one of the many ignorant arrogant assholes in the world with a mind closed tighter than a shell on a peanut (or what not). You get my point.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:40:10 pm »

Yea, he doesn't get that he doesn't need an Antichrist, because that idea has him. XD He's making people hate his religion and everything it stands for.

Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 02:10:36 pm »

This post confuses me...

1. Muslim (def): "of or pertaining to the religion, law or civilization of Islam" / "an adherent of Islam" ... post topic seems a bit redundant... maybe I'm supposed to think of it as " Muslim / Islam" ?

2. You got in an argument on YouTube? ... as in videos going back and forth about this? ... if so, linkage? ... sounds entertaining...

3. This sounds like you're confused about finding a dipshit on the internet (who just happens to claim to be a Muslim) ... discovering dipshits on the internet is kinda like finding cars on the highway during rush hour... or were you just venting?

If he's Muslim and offended you don't believe in any sort of god, then wow... that is pretty thin-skinned... bet he'd take it even less well if you told him you thought that his after life would be actually be full of sloppy seconds & trannies who couldn't stop laughing at the tiny size of his wang...

---Mal
whose religion has an afterlife involving beer volcanos & stripper trees
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 05:15:07 pm »

Well, it appears more than just encountering a Muslim who's also a nuisance.

I stand by my take on the situaition. Treat him like any other evangelical rodents.

I have a list around here somewhere of specific scriptures that I can use to embarrass and contradict the occasional Jehovah's Witness that comes around. It's been a while since I needed it. They must have gotten tired of trying to convert my family which is a oddity to begin with for one 'christian' to try to convert another. (I always wonder with such odd fringes to any religion. Then again Catholics aint exactly following scripture to the T either. But to bring that up is just an unneeded pain in the ass xP)

Also, I second the concept of your afterlife, only I substitute beer volcanoes to rum volcanoes, with plenty of coconut trees around. As far as the strippers, why have em on trees? Unless the trees are their poles to dance on. In which case they can use the coconut trees =)

Oh also, ask him if his 72 virgins are promised to be all female. Or even if they're all young. Course nobody would want to die knowing that they had 72 forty-something year old WoW geeks waiting for them.

Not to mention, he's never gonna get a good time in heaven even if it was as desired. In the immortal words of Meatloaf "Good girls go to heaven, but bad girls go everywhere else" XD

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 12:53:21 pm »

also, i second the concept your afterlife, only i substitute beer volcanoes to rum volcanoes, with plenty of coconut trees around....as far as the strippers....why have em on trees....unless the trees are their poles to dance on....in which case they can use the coconut trees =)

Didn't invent the religion, just an adherent...

www.venganza.org

---Mal
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 12:57:09 pm »

Maloryn

1) I wasn't sure what to call it. >.< So I figured both would be less confusing. Is that then like me saying seed apple pomegranate?

2) sure <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjZ-lSn0A3M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/YjZ-lSn0A3M</a> our argument goes back a bit. If you click show more comments to 470 is where it started. If you wish to read and see why I'm so confused. He calls be a b****, whore, and dolt a lot. Which really is the first time I heard dolt before. >.< Had to look it up. (I'm Arte)

3) I'm more just confused how someone not believing in your religion can be so awful, it seems to me by saying I'm a ____ it really shouldn't matter what religion goes in the ___ it shouldn't insult people just because it's there.

Also lol yea or white raisins. Wink <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_cRmPO07U_M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_cRmPO07U_M</a> he's so funny. >.< and yea I'd try really hard to not die like him.

Etheros Twilight

lol yea although it would be hard to I use to be Catholic for half my life next year will be the official more then year. To be honest it's the whole guilt thing like that bit was hard to program out of you. Even with logic you have to correct your thinking where the world doesn't revolve around your genitals. XD Although if the Muslims had 72 sexy hot sluts when you die all to yourself (depending on your sexuality and split if you are bi) that would be a better selling point. I'd at least consider converting then. >.< Although the volcanoes need wine for me. If I was a god I'd so make it like rain wine that would be yummy. ^___^

Dhalek
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »

I have no illusions about atheists - I know they're dead and dying souls!

That is pretty serious statement but no accounting for a taste.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »

I have no illusions about atheists - I know they're dead and dying souls!

That is pretty serious statement but no accounting for a taste.

Yea you can be an Atheist and a perfectly loving and good natured member of society. The only think that being an Atheist means is that you don't believe in deities. I am a firm believer in Invictus, I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

I'm not meaning to offend anyone when I say this the way I see things is that people use religion as a way to judge and be hurtful to other people to feel superior to them. I can't in good conscious be that way. I am responsible for me, and that is the creed I live by. No one died for me but my ancestors lived so that I can be born. That sets in my heart way deeper then any god can just knowing that. It just seems I was a catholic for 13 years and that was 13 years too long, that it was religion based on death. Yes death happens it's part of life but the most important part of life is living. I want to love as many people as I can and to help as many people as I can so yea being an Atheist is the only thing that makes sense to me. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: