AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  A Donor's First Impression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Donor's First Impression  (Read 5473 times)
Giselle
« on: February 19, 2009, 11:46:56 AM »

There are a couple of mistakes new Swans (donors) can make when first starting out. It will put out an impression of you to the vamps ,you may not want. We all know how hard it is to get rid of a bad first impression

Being too eager to get started.

This is was my mistake. I was sooo glad to finally figure out where my path was, I just JUMPED in and carried on and on. Most who know me, I am NOT a Blood Whore. I just honestly saw a need and knew it was my purpose to help. I got accused of being on a man hunt. PUL LEEZE! My eagerness was misinterpreped as attention seeking. As Hard as it is, go S_L_O_W! Read up on donor info and place a few ads and let them contact you. Being too eager, scares alot of vamps. They have good reason, Twilliight DID NOT help!

Making a connection too quick:

This will make a vamprye think you are not educated in what is really going on. This will freak them out. It also makes them wary that you are just looking for a relationishp to JUMP into. A donor needs to understand this is serious for most vamps and donors. It is our duty to take care of each other.

Not realizing what being a donor really means:

If you agree too fast to donate (blood especially), its makes some vamps afraid you have a disease and it is something they can catch.

You are expecting them to bite you on the neck. I am sorry but donating blood involves some pain. Because to draw blood means using a lance, razor or needle.

My last bit of advice: Chilling out and taking your time. It is the most important thing you can do. DO NOT let the vamps scare you off. Some of them react the way they do because of something that happened in a past incident.

In spite ofall the flack you may catch, if you truly want to be a donor (not to be turned or playing a game) you WILL find you niche. Donors especially sangs are needed badly.
Vodalok
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28:24 PM »

thank you for this, my last real donor... scared the hell out of me. not only did he swear he was changing, but latter showed up with a gun to free himself from my control.... twitch.
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »

Wow, I am so sorry you had an experience like that. 

I think everyone should be aware that there are risks involved in entering into ANY kind of relationship with another person, and there are unstable vamps (or those who think they are), and unstable donors out there.
However, it's vitally important not to let that cripple your life--don't expect to encounter one of the nutjobs.  Be cautious, but not so paranoid that you miss out on life.  We can't hide in a closet because someone might hurt us some day, and MOST vamps--and most donors--are decent people, and aren't completely off their rockers. Wink

Had a bad experience?  Think over what led to it, and whether there's anything you could have done to avoid it.  If not, then let it go...stuff happens.  It's not very likely to happen again.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:57:38 AM »

My donor is fantastic and actually offered his services, He is very mature and happily married. He is also the best "rock" i could have as far as support and help in any situation.
His wife allows me to feed in peace and then joins us to make love with her husband as i, well, go into the kitchen and make a coffee Smiley So relaxing and easy going, no pressure, no weird moments
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: