AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2022, 06:02:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  The Other Side Of Hunger 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Other Side Of Hunger  (Read 5118 times)
giselle
Level 2 Contributor

To help communication between vampire & donor.

« on: December 29, 2009, 02:30:35 PM »

The "urges I get being a donor, is very overwhelming at times. Instead of "hunger pains" I feel the need to let go. When it overwhelms me I will insert a butterfly needle and drain down the sink. I have only done this only 2 times since I began donating. I now see why some donors become cutters. Some (not all) may resort to cutting as a way to relieve the "need" to donate.

I feel my being empathic, makes me suffer more when I can not donate regularly. Donating is the one true emotion that is my own. Feeling a vamp get relief is a very good emotion to feel. All my life I have been bombed by negative emotions. First with my being raised around an alcoholic, next being married to a drug addict, then working in the OR. My being hit with emotions wears me down, but not having it is not like having a cigarette when I smoked. I never got the chance to develop any emotions of my own. Emotions where not allowed. Now I cannot judge or tell what I deep deep down in my soul what I feel or want. I need others around me and see the their emotions then adjust mine to them. Donating is a special act of its own.

Donating releases whatever it is I have too much of. I wonder sometimes if I NEED to donate sometimes because it is the only emotion that was ever my own; if it is because I feel the vamps I know hunger? Who knows! So vamps take a minute and stop to think. You may not be alone in dealing with your thirst. Your donor and the bond you have sometimes makes a donor suffer too.

Sang Donor/Emapth
lilith_angelle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 07:22:17 PM »

actually, you maybe onto something there! my donor a little while back said he felt like getting one of my blades and just opening himself up just because he felt the need to "drain"... hes never been a cutter in all the nearly 12 years ive known him and its the first time ive ever herd him say that... he even wanted to donate blood at the red cross just as a way to release...
"
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:37:01 PM »

be mindful that you dont get addicted to it.....both physically and energetically you must be mindful of how much you are losing...and how fast you can recover.....if you get into a pattern, your system may become strained when you break it......

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »

Well, that IS an issue that's very real--after donating to a vamp regularly, a donor who is cut off cold turkey is very likely to experience some rather harsh withdrawal reactions.  The best we can do is try to educate people so they don't freak out when these things happen, because they are temporary.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: