AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2020, 07:28:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  02.03.10 - CSI New York Vampire Episode - Episode 6.14 - Sanguine Love 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 02.03.10 - CSI New York Vampire Episode - Episode 6.14 - Sanguine Love  (Read 15089 times)
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« on: December 08, 2009, 01:41:01 pm »

Everyone should remember CSI: Las Vegas "Suckers" (Episode 4.13) from 2004 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0534745/ - now it's time for CSI: New York to have a go at "real vampires"...

CSI: NY - Episode 6.14 - Sanguine Love - Casting Call & Plotline

STORY LINE

After a young woman is found dead in the Central park snow with a puncture wound in her neck and the blood drained from her body, the CSI team works to find out who stopped her from ever seeing another new moon..

[JOSEPH] Mid 40s.. a classic yet hip, distinguished looking man in a dark, elegant suit, he is the Elder, the Philosopher, and the Prophet of a cult of real life vampires. A man who believes that the ritual sharing of blood is an act of consensual spirituality, he's busted in the act of one of his allegedly religious services, and accused of the murder by exsanguination (blood loss) of Pam. But Joseph insists with considerable force that he would never take a life and that his relationship with the dead girl was both protective and mentoring -- an assertion the detectives view skeptically, because there happens to be a chunk of the dead girl's earlobe in Joseph's refrigerator...GUEST STAR.

[KEITH] Early 20s, a strikingly handsome man with untraditional, otherworldly good looks, he's the boyfriend of the late Pam, and he's very distraught to learn of her death. A little hesitant to tell the detectives everything he knows about Pam, he balks at talking about her involvement in the blood-sharing cult headed by Joseph, possibly to protect her memory. But in fact, Keith was profoundly jealous of Pam's involvement in the eccentric cult of vampirism, and not only quarrelled with her about her participation -- he killed her in a rage and framed Joseph for the murder...GUEST STAR.

[MR. CHRISTENSEN] A hip man in his late 40s, with a British accent, he is the father of the late Pam, and he's weary with grief. A member of Joseph's cult of real-life vampires, he knows all too well that his beliefs are the subject of mockery from the uninformed (like the average NYPD detective), and he keeps his mouth shut about Pam's membership in Joseph's group. In fact, he asked his old friend Joseph to watch over and protect Pam during her stay in New York, and he's stunned by the pain of how Pam's vampire lifestyle led to her deathstyle...PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ACTORS WITH NATIVE BRITISH ACCENTS AND VALID WORK PAPERS sptv050769. GUEST STAR.

[BILLY] This mid 20s, hip, edgy tattoo parlor owner is a member of Joseph's vampire cult, but highly disinclined to talk about it to the detectives; he's in trouble because his DNA was found on the dead girl's body (in fact, the same initiation knife was used on both Billy and Pam, and the DNA was transferred from body to body via the knife). Questioned at length by the cops, he's not happy when they confiscate his tattoo guns to see if they are also murder weapons...ONE DAY GUEST STAR. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT HEAVILY TATTOOED ACTORS UNLESS THEIR ARTWORK IS COVERABLE.

[JIMMY] Late 30s - Early 40s, OPEN ETHNICITY, a kind-faced and observant doorman at the Dakota Apartments, Jimmy instantly recognizes Pam as one of the tenants in the building. He talks wistfully about the dead girl, whom he obviously liked, and not only identifies her boyfriend by name, but reluctantly admits that she had an unspecified relationship with an unidentified older man...ONE DAY GUEST STAR.

[MRS. CHRISTENSEN] A beautiful woman in her mid 40s, with an English accent, weary with grief, she is the mother of the late Pam, and she too is questioned by the detectives, along with her husband Stuart. She's visibly devastated by her daughter's death...PLEASE ONLY SUBMIT ACTORS WITH NATIVE BRITISH ACCENTS AND VALID WORK PAPERS. GUEST STAR.

[PAM] 20 years old, an ethereal blonde and untraditional beauty, a female photographer originally from England, Pam is a smart looking sandy blonde wearing black leggings, a leather jacket and a scarf. Out in Central Park shooting pictures in the snow, she is attacked and killed; the blood is drained from her body and her earlobe is chopped off. The victim in the case, Pam is revealed to have been heavily involved in a local Goth-style vampire cult, in which blood-letting and blood-sharing is the center of an eccentric but allegedly spiritual brand of religion...CO-STAR - NO LINES - FEATURED THROUGHOUT THE EPISODE.

[YOUNG WOMAN] 20 years old, OPEN ETHNICITY, untraditional, runway model look, she is being initiated into Joseph's vampire cult, and she waits with passionate intensity as Joseph prepares her for a ritual blood-sharing...CO-STAR.

Writers Draft Script From 12.02.09:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/csi-ny-episode-614-sanguine-love.html

paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 01:47:42 pm »

Ah but where do you apply.. Esh would be a good fit for either of the gal roles.  Tongue

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 01:53:09 pm »

I believe the "young woman" role has now been cast; Cody Catherine Kennedy.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2682397/bio

Barbara Fiorentino - Casting Director (CSI NY)

FMW Casting
4151 Prospect Avenue Producers Building
Los Angeles, CA  90027

and/or (?)

Fiorentino-Mangieri Casting
8306 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1513
Beverly Hills, CA  90211

323.671.4700 (old?)

DRACO
Level 1 Contributor

Already placed a intro-check it out!

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:47:29 pm »

Wonder if they'll accept a transman? hmm.... Undecided I'm goin for it. Been out of the movie biz for like 5years now-but worth a shot. lol who else is goin to try?

Amor Fati-DRACO
giselle
Level 2 Contributor

To help communication between vampire & donor.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:02:54 pm »

DANG IT!!! I do not see a casting for a mature, plump female. I have ALWAYS wanted to be a dead body on one of the CSI's.

Sang Donor/Emapth
K. Muraki
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 01:14:24 am »

Are they open to casting any flat-chested, bespectacled geek girls? :: Curious and hopeful::
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12:42 am »

http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/01/27/michael-graziadei-on-csi-new-york-photos/

Michael Graziadei ("The Young & The Restless") guest starring on the CSI NY episode titled "Sanguine Love" which airs Wednesday, Feb. 3 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Graziadei guest Stars as Keith, The Victim's boyfriend.

Episode Synospis: "Sanguine" - When a young woman's body is found in Central Park, drained of blood and missing part of her ear, the CSIs jumpstart an investigation that takes them into the dark and mysterious subculture of vampirism, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, Feb. 3 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBSTelevision Network . This episode was written by series star Carmine Giovinazzo. Michael Graziadei ("The Young & The Restless") guest stars as Keith, the victim's boyfriend. Finola Hughes ("General Hospital") guest stars as Mrs. Christensen, the victim's mother.

Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 10:34:58 pm »

For those of you who missed this show:

CSI: NY - Sanguine Love
Air Date: 02/03/10
Full Episode 40:53
When a young woman's body is found in Central Park, drained of blood and missing part of her ear, the CSIs jumpstart an investigation that takes them into the dark and mysterious subculture of vampirism.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/video/?pid=I2Z8EB9gemhbN0H_v4l7yJ3iqdJJbqAg&nrd=1

Everyone please take a moment to post your opinion on the show.  Do you think it displayed the vampire community in a negative, neutral, or positive light?

hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 12:08:16 am »

I believe the show did a fairly neutral job in portraying the community. It showed that they didn't kill anyone but it also did say that they don't screen their donors and they didn't show any methods to protect from spreading anything such as sanitation wise. They did however portray well others reactions to things they do not understand. They also did a good job in showing that vampires can be anyone...no matter how proper and non goth they look.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
Persephone
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 12:37:10 am »

Omg, that show was so bad. Negative & stupid. At least my eyes got some exercise from all the eye-rolling I did.

The vamps weren't wearing all black & fangs, but they were part of a cult that did ritual blood-drinking.

They all had scars on their wrists, but who in their right mind cuts across the wrist like that?

The lab tech obviously knows more than he's saying about the subculture, but even his info was wrong. He said they were sanguine or "real" vampires, not life-stylers, since life-stylers don't drink blood. That's not entirely true. Life-stylers can drink blood. The vampires in this episode never said they needed to drink blood, so I'd class them as life-stylers who were into ritual blood-drinking.

The only credit I can give the producers is that the killer wasn't one of the vampires cultists & the vampires weren't crazy psychopaths.

- P.

giselle
Level 2 Contributor

To help communication between vampire & donor.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 10:29:36 am »

To me it was one of the better "shows" of our community. As mention below, they could have done a better job and wrote in somewhere about screening donors. Then again, most of the "normal" world, thinks donating is just another name for sex. (ok ok before everyone starts to jump on me). There is nothing wrong with donating and sex together (have done so myself). What gets me is donating is a beautiful act all on its own. I guess alot of people do not practice safe sex, so, donating is lumped in with that mind set. I did think her eyes rolling back in her head was a bit much. Speaking for myself, I just shut my eyes and let them roll around. Shocked

Sang Donor/Emapth
Lady Onyx Ravyn
Level 1 Contributor

From between the darkness and the light, I dwell.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 12:14:54 am »

Where to begin....Once again, Hollyweird has attempted to enter the so called "underground" world of modern day vamps. Once again, as a full Sanguine, I turned the television off with a simple nod of my head and again faced the ongoing realization that it is much better to be in the coffin then out of the coffin. First and foremost, the acting in this episode was horrendous. There were little bits of information given in raw context with no further investigation or contemplation of what it actually means to be vamp in modern society. The vamps depicted in this episode where only minutely engaged, and most of the show failed to even delve into the myths and realities of being a vamp.

The character played by Gary Sinese only exemplified the way that most mundanes already think of sanguine vampyres and if anything, just further promoted the animosity that we often experience when we try to live out and about in a world that was never meant for us to co-exist. There was no mention of the fact that most of us, who are indeed Sanguine, take extraordinary measures to bloodlet safely and ensure proper care of our incisions. What was more disturbing to me, was the multiple traces of human blood on the ankh in question, which only emphasized that proper precautions were not made when utilizing the same instrument on multiple persons.. something...I don't do.

As someone who has been a part of the greater community for 19 years now (yes, I'm an old bat), I felt this only added to the negative publicity rather than to show any fairness to our community. Sure, the killer turned out not to be vampyric in any way, but by this point, the damage had already been done. It is satirical at best to expect Hollyweird to portray us in any positive light. The truth is, we are simply to boring to be sensationalized...

With respect,
Onyx
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 07:24:20 am »

Was the episode accurate, no, was it bad for an image that bit I really don't think it was. It's basic morality that it something that is portrayed as weird it doesn't make it something you should hate on. That you should try to understand things that aren't like you more, to see that under it all we are human. So despite being inaccurate I think it had a good message, to not judge based on appearances. Which in the end isn't that the message everyone wants?

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
audrianna
BANNED
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 05:16:43 pm »

im glad that they showed this i just did not like the way the boy friend acted.

I see your shadow so I know,
That they're all wrong.
Moonlight on the soft brown earth,
It leads me to where you lay.
They took you away from me,
But now I'm taking you home.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 12:06:05 am »

im glad that they showed this i just did not like the way the boy friend acted.

Yea but they had to make him the bad guy in it. By being the outsider and the "normal" one they wanted to show that you shouldn't judge on things.

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: