AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2019, 09:49:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Other Religious, Spiritual, & Philosophical Paradigms (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Egyptian Mythology - The Origin Of Vampires?! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Egyptian Mythology - The Origin Of Vampires?!  (Read 18731 times)
captian
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 11:29:00 am »

Blood has always been sacred,it doesn't matter what culture you look at,blood has always been the source of life.Ancient cultures,who knew nothing of the science we know today,held the power of blood extremely high.It was the life and power of another,the taking of blood was the intake of another beings soul.Very popular in warring cultures,one would take from the enemy blood and parts of the body giving the wining opponent power over there enemies.
         Many believe that the vampire myth came into being through an un-restful soul not wanting to pass on.There bodies craving fresh blood to stay in this world [blood is the life].They attack there loved ones,just wanting to be home again,yet find no rest and kill them out of love. Only by pinning the body to its coffin[stake,rod or blade] do the deaths stop.
         But really who knows,i love my egyptian myths as well as many other ancient stories.Have a look at the south american tales of blood;beautiful and plenty.
                              You have to find your own answers because there is no set record......C.       
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 12:20:40 pm »

nice post C, unfortunately that myth holds some merit for actual souls....be it because the link was already there or not, but many cultures have recognised malevolent spirits first seek out those closest to them. i believe theres another thread on here somewhere that deals with vampire myths....one of em if i remember correctly describes the spirit as a floating head and entrails of a woman, which seperates from the body after dark....honestly i cant think of much more gruesome than that...pretty messed up stuff if you see your mom's head and guts floating after ya...that would make a good horror movie...

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
captian
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »

Hey i believe that souls who cant let go when alive will come back trying to get what they wanted when they have died.
      I think the lesson in death is let go!, unless you want your soul to hang around yearning after your material life...............C.
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 12:36:31 pm »

Christians list vampires as evil demonic beings, but I feel they are more demonic with their sick and twisted rituals nd beliefs, most of the Christian followers have been to jail for some Haynes crime which says allot about the religion, plus they say don't judge others but that's what most of them do, not saying i hate them I know a couple Christians that are super sweet, but most take it to far!

I Live for Love.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 05:38:04 pm »

Christians list vampires as evil demonic beings, but I feel they are more demonic with their sick and twisted rituals nd beliefs, most of the Christian followers have been to jail for some Haynes crime which says allot about the religion, plus they say don't judge others but that's what most of them do, not saying i hate them I know a couple Christians that are super sweet, but most take it to far!

Lots and lots of over-generalization here.  While I am not christian, you cant make arm waving blanket statements like that, and then claim they are in the wrong for doing the same.

1)  Christianity dosnt have squat to say about Vampries one way or another.  There are some referance to demons, but its a stretch to say there is a canonical ruling one way or another, in the strictest sense.  Yes, the church got involved in general spooky hunting, but I do not think there is any Biblical edict per say.

2)  MOST christian followers have been to jail?  Considering that a majority of the world population is christian, and by your assessment most of them are jailed.. who is on the oustside?  I suppose it could explain the overcrowding we have, but honestly.. you cant back that statement up and I hope you dont really believe it.

3)  Heinous acts?  Twisted rituals?  I wonder what you are referring to.  Actually, there is a lot of intermixing of many of the catholic ritual and certain rites of high magicks, not surprisingly as many of the mystical practices were traditional elements of the families in power at the time.  Granted, I will say the whole easter bunny thing is a bit twisted, but I cant say that you are describing the norm of christians.

Like any religion, spiritual practice or group, you have the moderates, and you have a handful of radical elements.  Just like Oral Roberts does not speak for most christians, Osama binLaden does not speak for, or hold the same values as most Muslims.  Yes, a few bad apples can muck things up for the rest of us, but when you start to demonize others with a broad brush as you have, you become what you propose to resist.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Dantess
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 06:15:37 pm »

I was not calling us demons, I was just writing what I hear others say, maybe I'm in the wrong town, but the people here are fanatics, i just think there are certain parts of the bible that people should follow and others they should not, I'm not trying to cause a problem I'm just voicing my opinion, I'm about pure love, and can't stand any sort of hatred, and no I'm not a hippie like people keep calling me, pretty much what I'm trying to say is we all need faith it gets us through life, but we shouldn't force it upon others.

I Live for Love.
arethia
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »

I also learned this fact, while reading and studying up on the past-times!
It's amazing how far it goes back! I also learned in the same book that one of the first showings of Vampirism happened before Egypt was thought-up, back when one girl (yes, not at all eighteen) was held out amongst the rest of her people, they did blood sacrifices (same as burning sacrifices as well), which is now "considered" to be a "Vampiric Act," where the one young teenage (if we're lucky to guess, because some were dated to be the age of twelve years-old! Shocking right!) boy was sacrificed after he served his Goddess, which is structured toward the young woman; it did not stop until one young man stood up and persuaded everyone to hold off on "the sacrifice," to make it more "richer" (or something like that is stated in the book, to make the people stop from sacrificing him to the alter), then it turned into Gods and Goddesses. ('Sorry! I've been away reading "sacrificial acts back in the past-times," and I learned that usually done over the fire, there is also blood sacrifices as well in the past, where they will drain at least enough blood for the Goddess [which there was always more than one Goddess in one year/term lol], showing "Vampirism" dating far beyond Egyptian times. Just a random info-input that I've found in the same book as the Egypt Mythology.  Wink )
HighPriestesschar
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 10:20:55 pm »

Now no one yell at me, but I've done a little research and the first Vampire or myth one was Lilith from mesipatina or sumer. and she is in early Egyptian myths, and even early scriptures, of the torah and bible old testament. She was in Sumer a goddess and vampire. in the early Judaea- Christian writings she was the first wife of Adam. and was head strong and would not be subservant to a man but wanted to be his equal as it should be. so she left him and was curse  and turned in to a demon or the first vampire succubus, she was saduser of man, and baby stealer, and would drink there blood until dead. To get back at Adam and his descendants he would later have with Eve.

Peace,love and harmony...Blessed Be...High Priestess Char
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: