AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 11:10:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Christianity | Christian Mysticism | Enochian | Gnosticism | Hermeticism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  North Carolina Church Plans Halloween Bible Burning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: North Carolina Church Plans Halloween Bible Burning  (Read 15720 times)
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 08:25:38 pm »

Probably a general burn-ban to keep wildfires down... they generally don't make exceptions for particularly light and dangerous flammable options like the pages of books.

---Mal
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 08:33:34 pm »

I'm sorry but I can't help but laughing at this. I mean here are Christians fighting other Christians. I mean how did this religion become the biggest on earth? They can't even get along with themselves lete alone others

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 11:28:17 am »

Well if you think about it they've been doin that forever i mean the crusades hello last time i checked slughtering other people espeacially the same religion is against the religion but they did it Religion is one of the things that is most fought about and it's the stupidest reason I would rather fight over something else that was actually semi imoertant or maybe just not fight at all.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:54 pm »

The same things can be said of the Hutu and the Tutsi. Or the Sunnis and the Shiites. Or for that matter the Nazis and the all the people they had killed. Whether or not people like to realize it, we're really close genetically. The DNA between any two people is at least 99% identical. But humans are trained to see differences in patterns.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 01:24:45 pm »

The same things can be said of the Hutu and the Tutsi. Or the Sunnis and the Shiites. Or for that matter the Nazis and the all the people they had killed. Whether or not people like to realize it, we're really close genetically. The DNA between any two people is at least 99% identical. But humans are trained to see differences in patterns.

the sunnis and the shiites crack me up, because they agree on everything but they interpret like two or three lines differently...
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 01:28:39 pm »

it's all pretty dumb if you ask me i mean people just have to disagree about something don't they.

Meja yht mad meja.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 06:09:15 pm »

yeah dumb is the best answer to all religions crimes

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 10:14:43 am »

its hopeless to even try to change them because it will just keep happening.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 12:47:56 pm »

All I have to say on the topic is "Farenheit 451"

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
Andarael
House AVA Member
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 10:49:41 am »

There are many, many churches out there who believe that the KJV of the Bible is the only true Bible. I grew up in the Christian environment...My grandfather was a minister and I remember people getting into heated arguments over that. No one ever went so far as to burn anything though...Oh except for "secular" books and music that they deemed "satanic". How dangerous was that...burning tapes and (vinyl) records?

IMO, it's radical, stupid behavior.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 11:56:40 am »

Old topic, but -- Personally I see no problem in burning something that is mass produced and used to mislead masses.  Seems to me that people are quick to forget - or simply refuse to realize - what the bible contains. We arent talking ancient texts or such, we are talking commonly produced books whose historical accuracy is questionable at best; coupled with the fact that they are sources of hatred, used precisely to inspire fear, hate, anger and suffering to those that dont fall in line with their insanity. This is the same with the koran and so many other religious texts out there.

Burn em all, I say.

Automotive Necromancer
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 11:00:20 am »

Yes, as far as religious texts go i couldn't care less whether they burned them or not.

Meja yht mad meja.
LadyOfPales
Level 4 Contributor

ITS A SPY

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 10:39:36 am »

shouldn't they ironically be burning themselves?

>:|
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2010, 11:13:52 am »

Good question.  Grin

Meja yht mad meja.
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 11:58:54 am »

old post o.O so opinion is probably not going to really mean anything.but,

Personally, it's free will. if onewants to do something, they're going to do it.

I feel it is disrespectful to burn any religious work, regardless of your own personal beliefs. Each should respect their own and each others.
Your belief system means soemthing to you, it must. why else do people seek to defend and convert others to their beliefs? it holds merit and good things in ones life, so it means something to that person.
People want others to respect them, people don't like the idea of being converted or the whole "mine is holier than thou" point of view, so why no show others the same courtesy you'd want from them?

as mentioned, though, it's mass produced. it's not like burning a single book is going to end a religion. It's not the book or the pages, the physical material thing that's important. it's the belief held in it, the morals, the teachings and such. People (though apparently "shockingly" less than expected [as shown by a recent survey] not many and not accurately) in that religion will still have the belief, and should be willing to teach it.
Before pen and paper, the bible and other stories were passed orally, and i'm sure paper and such makes it easier, but people will continue to do what they feel they must when it comes to their religion.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: