AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:02:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Christianity | Christian Mysticism | Enochian | Gnosticism | Hermeticism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Yes. I Am A Christian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Yes. I Am A Christian  (Read 84179 times)
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 08:58:26 AM »

Another religion that was started by a SciFi writer was from Robert A. Heinlines (sp?) Stranger in a Strange Land.  I forget what its called or what they practice, but one of the people at my church found it and showed it to me.  They actually follow the religion from the book.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »

Another religion that was started by a SciFi writer was from Robert A. Heinlines (sp?) Stranger in a Strange Land.  I forget what its called or what they practice, but one of the people at my church found it and showed it to me.  They actually follow the religion from the book.

but.... there's not really a religion in that book.  they're just fans of it--similar to how people follow donnie darko as a "religion."
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »

don't forget Cathulu. If any fictional character should be a god that's the one

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 11:23:56 AM »

don't forget Cathulu. If any fictional character should be a god that's the one

http://www.hello-cthulhu.com/
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »

hahahaha lol. that's awesome.
Here try this  http://ohmygods.co.uk/

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »

hahahaha lol. that's awesome.
Here try this  http://ohmygods.co.uk/

hahahaha that's cute!
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2009, 11:35:28 AM »

yeah the pope has a poping stick that he pokes people with and they call fundamentalist Christians Fundies. It's hilarious

Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2009, 11:09:00 AM »

There's no religion inspired from Heinelin, though he did popularize polyamory and libertarianism...

---Mal
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2009, 12:38:05 PM »

Yeah I've never heard of Heinlein starting anything except for controversy over his book Starship Troopers being pro fascism. But in another direction J.R.R. Tolkien once went on a horse ride with C.S. Lewis and came back completely Christian. Before that he was inherently atheistic and spent hours arguing over the evils of religion. I'd love to know what they talked about on that trip.

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2009, 04:08:43 PM »

Yeah I've never heard of Heinlein starting anything except for controversy over his book Starship Troopers being pro fascism. But in another direction J.R.R. Tolkien once went on a horse ride with C.S. Lewis and came back completely Christian. Before that he was inherently atheistic and spent hours arguing over the evils of religion. I'd love to know what they talked about on that trip.

same. a man in a coffee shop told that to me once.  he seemed to know what he was talking about, so i accepted it at the time, but now that i remember that i'm curious...

Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2009, 07:12:59 PM »

There's no religion inspired from Heinelin, though he did popularize polyamory and libertarianism...

---Mal

I'll find it and post about it.  My friend knows all about it.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
K. Muraki
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2009, 11:06:03 PM »

I "came out of the metaphoric coffin" to a Pagan friend of mine and he was shocked to learn this, since he knew, initially, that I'm a practicing Catholic. Then when I told him I'd discovered that feeding on the ambient energies at Mass was one of the best ways to keep my inner daemons under control, I thought his brain was going to break. He recovered enough to joke, "So much for vampires not being able to go onto consecrated ground."

I mean, think about it: the main focus of the Mass is the Eucharist, which recreates the Last Supper and which memorializes the shedding of Christ's Blood on the cross. We Catholics believe that Christ is truly present, Body and Blood, in the form of the Bread and Wine, which is our spiritual nourishment: we're already vampires, in a manner of speaking. I've actually started feeding when I take Communion, and I've found it a much more spiritually enriching experience that way. Maybe this "explains" some of the Catholic mystics who lived only on Communion. Case in point, Teresa Neumann, a woman in Germany who lived during the earlier part of the 20th century (whom my grandfather on my dad's side met when he [ie. Grandfather M] was in Germany during and after WWII) and who was known for having visions of the life of Christ, as well as some small precognitions: for years, the only physical food she ate was the Eucharist, which she received every morning at Mass, and yet she lived an active life taking care of her family's farm. Add to this, she didn't look or act undernourished or sickly: if anything, she was rather on the heavy-set side.

Hoo, that was a long ramble and I've drifted off topic a little...
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2009, 11:09:14 PM »

What better religion than one that openly preaches Vampirism and Cannibalism? I say feed away.

K. Muraki
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »

What better religion than one that openly preaches Vampirism and Cannibalism? I say feed away.

Amen to that! :: laughs:: I'm minded of one little bit in Neil Gaiman's short story "Fifteen Painted Cards from a Vampire Tarot", entitled "The Pope" (ie. the High Priest/Heirophant in the Major Arcana of the standard Tarot): the way it's worded, he could be describing either Catholicism or vampirism....
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2009, 11:26:07 PM »

love Neil Gaiman. The man rocks me hard.

And not trying to make fun of any beliefs but i mean come on, you are on a vampire board saying you are a vampire, you should love thinking that Jesus is all for it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: