AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2019, 07:14:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Christianity | Christian Mysticism | Enochian | Gnosticism | Hermeticism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Yes. I Am A Christian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Yes. I Am A Christian  (Read 53831 times)
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2009, 11:19:32 pm »

I was raised Baptist my entire life but it just wasn't for me. I made a conscious choice to stop believing in God or, more preciously, I disavowed him and renounced my religion. Sometimes I think God may be real and I just feel that my life is better without him.

I love all religions though and I'm going back to school soon to study religion. Alas the saying that "It's rude to talk about religion because you never know who you're gonna offend." is true to all those who have read the aforementioned posts where our fellow posters have gotten into a fight over religion.

And now to start my own fight lol. I have a serious problem with only one Religion.....well set of beliefs cause I WILL NOT consider it to be a religion. I just don't like Scientology. At all. I'll leave it at that unless someone has questions. I'm not trying to offend I'm just stating my opinion.

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 06:22:15 am »

That is true. Paganism is all non-christian beliefs. The only religion that I have a strong problem with is mormons.

and scientology?  for the most part, mormons don't do anything wrong that (and correct me here, it's early and i'm not feeling up to the task of verifying the claims i am making in this post here) hindus dont? as far as polygamy and lack of women and children's rights and all of that at least.  at least mormons don't feel it's in their dharma to be a warrior--they just don't drink and have sex in missionary and hope to get a planet full of virgins when they die. xD

or something like that.

(totters off to bed)
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 08:39:09 am »

I was raised Baptist my entire life but it just wasn't for me. I made a conscious choice to stop believing in God or, more preciously, I disavowed him and renounced my religion. Sometimes I think God may be real and I just feel that my life is better without him.

I love all religions though and I'm going back to school soon to study religion. Alas the saying that "It's rude to talk about religion because you never know who you're gonna offend." is true to all those who have read the aforementioned posts where our fellow posters have gotten into a fight over religion.

And now to start my own fight lol. I have a serious problem with only one Religion.....well set of beliefs cause I WILL NOT consider it to be a religion. I just don't like Scientology. At all. I'll leave it at that unless someone has questions. I'm not trying to offend I'm just stating my opinion.

I agree, even though I may discuss my views on religion, I do agree.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 02:48:40 pm »

honestly, i don't view scientology as a religion.  at all.  it's a business.
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »

Hmmmm... It is a business, I do feel that way also, but I have another theory. The catholic church has been in power for a long time. The first churches were schools, that's why there are catholic schools today. The first hospitals were ran by crusader knights guarding the path to jerusalem. Rome was built with gold sacked from jerusalem. It is a business but everything in this country is a business. No one ever does anything simply for the sake of doing it.

I don't advocate how they practice their religion, I don't approve of scientology at all ... but the circumstances led them to where they are now. Most alternative religions are just that. Christians dominate this world. It's hard being anything else. Us pagans can hide behind our differences but some people don't have that option.

The christian churches are just recently starting to lose money, but the vatican itself is still alive and strong. The pope is but a holy politician pushing his agenda. He is in the news and is just as political as any other politician.

To fight, it takes money. Cost. Obama would have never won without his internet funding campaign. Everything has a price.
Balance does not exist. There is only duality and our fear of conflict often leaves us with a complete lack of understanding. Everything has cost.
You want to fight the Pope then how much are you willing to pay? You can't blame famous people for putting money where their mouth is. Of course they don't understand the little guy that doesn't have the money to buy the books. They never lived like that before.

Fear of conflict is truly dreadful. It leads to a direct lack of awareness that is utterly destroying this world and everything that lives and breathes on it.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 04:57:32 pm »

I understand that this is a nation built on capitalism and even the groups that shouldn't be founded in Capitalism, such as Hospitals and Churches, are but Still, peoples health shouldn't be based on how much money they have. Anyway Scientology Is a cult built on a foundation that can be extremely dangerous. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 instances where their practices led directly to the death of it's members. One such was a kid who was born with Schizophrenia and instead of giving him the medication the doctors prescribed they gave him vitamins and took him to self help classes. One day he just snapped and stabbed his mother to death. It's dangerous and I can't help hating the entire cult

Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2009, 04:44:41 am »

I understand that this is a nation built on capitalism and even the groups that shouldn't be founded in Capitalism, such as Hospitals and Churches, are but Still, peoples health shouldn't be based on how much money they have. Anyway Scientology Is a cult built on a foundation that can be extremely dangerous. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 instances where their practices led directly to the death of it's members. One such was a kid who was born with Schizophrenia and instead of giving him the medication the doctors prescribed they gave him vitamins and took him to self help classes. One day he just snapped and stabbed his mother to death. It's dangerous and I can't help hating the entire cult
...That and the fact that the entire religion was created by a SciFi writer..... But then again, I'm still trying to become an ordained Jedi Wink
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2009, 10:29:12 am »

WEll we should all have dreams even if that is to be a Jedi

SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2009, 12:38:41 pm »

I was Baptist too but i renounced my religion like a year or two back. i believe in god i just don't think that there is one right religion and all the rest are wrong.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2009, 06:10:30 pm »

I was Baptist too but i renounced my religion like a year or two back. i believe in god i just don't think that there is one right religion and all the rest are wrong.

Sound pretty similar.  Southern Baptist from the day my parents locked eyes from across the room.

Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2009, 08:36:52 pm »

...That and the fact that the entire religion was created by a SciFi writer...

As a bet with John W. Campbell, if I recall correctly Smiley

---Mal
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2009, 08:37:30 pm »

...That and the fact that the entire religion was created by a SciFi writer...

As a bet with John W. Campbell, if I recall correctly Smiley

---Mal

you do recall correctly. Smiley

i was just sick of talking about it, and didn't feel like getting upset over it all over again.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2009, 08:39:39 pm »

And ladies and gentleman we now have a religion that destroys the lives of thousands of people a day

Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2009, 08:45:03 pm »

Network television?  Wink

---Mal
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2009, 09:01:05 pm »

.....yes b ut i was thinking of Scientology actually/ But both are correct answers

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: