AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 08, 2019, 02:38:28 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Christianity | Christian Mysticism | Enochian | Gnosticism | Hermeticism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Yes. I Am A Christian 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Yes. I Am A Christian  (Read 54566 times)
Jevea
Level 1 Contributor

Jevea

« on: January 19, 2008, 10:21:29 pm »

Some think that because I say I am a Christian I can not be a true vampire. Untrue! I have always known that God made me different. I have a firm belief that He does not make mistakes. To me God makes us humans, and that is what we are humans, in many different ways. What would the world be without different colors and shapes. So when I say I am a vampire I say it with much reverence to my Creator. I go to church and worship Him as much as I can. I also worship in nature because He made everything that is in the world. My up bringing in both the Native American ways and Southern Baptist ways have given me a balance in my life. Some would think that they contradict each other but if you really look deep inside them they don't. Now I must say this.....I do not go around speaking of the fact that I am a vampire to my Christian friends. You ask why? It is very complicated to explain. Because of the closed mindedness of the baptist churches here where I live it is just easier not to. I have several Christian/Vampire friends that I talk to on the net. I have yet to meet one in person but would love to. We have even joked around about starting our own church.  Wink But I am proud to say that I am a Christian and a vampire no matter if anyone else agrees with me or not. I'd love to hear from others who follow the same path as I. It would be nice to know you.

Oh and let me say this....I respect all beliefs. I do not judge. It is not my place to judge you.

"Between thinking about doing something and doing it is a great bridge. You have the choice to walk over the bridge or to stay where you are."
Kerri
Level 3 Contributor

Nothing comes without a price...

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:28:01 pm »

First off, I respect anyone who doesn't bend for the sake of taking the easy way out. Go you. I do have to note however that I believe some things are meant to be unknown to humanity, and that perhaps human is not necessarily as human does. Regardless of however this world came to be, we discover new aspects of it with each passing day, and eventually we will discover things about ourselves and reality as it were that will change everything we believe to be real. I believe the purpose of life is to learn. What would the purpose be in living if we have nothing left to learn? I do think that religion was once our science and now science has become our religion. And it's unfortunate because this science changes everyday, leaving us with little more than uncertainty. When it comes to the unexplained(and everything is ultimately unexplained) it is best to come to our own conclusions, thus the belief system is born. And we all have our own around here, yours are no less or more accepted than anyone else here. And remember, until we can die and come back saying "hey jews were right" it's all a shot in the dark anyway.

anamcara
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 04:21:14 pm »

I definitely support what others believe - for truly none of can know the "Answer".  We can hope others will respect our beliefs in turn.  Tolerance is a good thing! 

It's obvious you both respect and allow for diversity in what we find a suitable interpretation of Creation.

So many different belief systems exist yet they tend to meet at many points.  Even then, how we believe is markedly different from others who believe as we do.  Creation goes beyond what the human mind can comprehend.  Sometimes (not always) when we put a name to it, we limit how it is reflected in our life.  As the saying goes, Perception is reality.

I try not to put a name to what I believe.  When asked, I say I'm pagan.  Because I worship the many facets of Creation by connecting with a handful of the Old Gods and the divinity that can be found in all of us who are but expressions of Creation ourselves.

Okay, I'm done rambling.  Smiley  There are just some things we can't know, so we find what feels right to us.

~ rhonda
Kerri
Level 3 Contributor

Nothing comes without a price...

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 07:55:34 pm »

If nothing else it should be apparent that you're welcome here, considering you're posting in the Christian board the community has provided.

simblecimba
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 03:00:55 pm »

First off, I respect anyone who doesn't bend for the sake of taking the easy way out. Go you. I do have to note however that I believe some things are meant to be unknown to humanity, and that perhaps human is not necessarily as human does. Regardless of however this world came to be, we discover new aspects of it with each passing day, and eventually we will discover things about ourselves and reality as it were that will change everything we believe to be real. I believe the purpose of life is to learn. What would the purpose be in living if we have nothing left to learn? I do think that religion was once our science and now science has become our religion. And it's unfortunate because this science changes everyday, leaving us with little more than uncertainty. When it comes to the unexplained(and everything is ultimately unexplained) it is best to come to our own conclusions, thus the belief system is born. And we all have our own around here, yours are no less or more accepted than anyone else here. And remember, until we can die and come back saying "hey jews were right" it's all a shot in the dark anyway.

My name is simbleCimba and I was born as a Christian. I do not like the Christian religion because they burned witches on the stake. I do not believe that Christianity has anything to do with the Pagan beliefs.
Ragsolith
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 03:14:11 pm »

Looks like this post was Necro'd so I thought I'd add my bit.

Jevea, I think that is so awesome. Being a Christian and a vampire, I really don't find a lot of others like me (especially Southern Baptist ones!) so it's awesome to know that there are others out there who aren't closed minded. Cheesy
NyteMuse
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 01:46:55 pm »

my name is simbleCimba and I was born as a christian I do not like the christian religion because they burned witches to the stake I do not believe that christian has anything to do with the pagan beliefs

Hm...isn't it a little unfair to judge an entire religion based on the actions of some of the followers?  Yes, the lore is a little not-happy as well, but being Christian does not mean one has to follow the Bible literally (in fact, it's difficult to do so in modern society, if not impossible).  I know plenty of good Christians who don't try and regularly kill me, one in fact who is studying some elements of witchcraft with the blessing of her priest, so it really does kind of depend on the sect, IMO.  I was born into a Catholic family and baptized, so I could still technically claim Catholicism as a religion, but I prefer following pagan paths.  Doesn't mean I hate Christianity now, just not really my thing.  YHVH and I have no problems, it's His followers I have to avoid.

As for the relationship between Christians and Pagans...*chuckle* the Christians co-opted a lot of holidays and iconography from the Pagans in an effort to make the changeover from Paganism to Christianity smoother on the populace.  There might not be a whole lot of Christianity in Paganism, but there sure is a hell of a lot of Paganism in Christianity  Wink
The Sentinel
Level 4 Contributor

The Thread Zombie

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 12:12:09 pm »

As a side note, the term "pagan" does not actually mean (contrary to modern adaptation) the druidic/wiccan/witchcraft sort of religions. It actually means, by definition "from the country." Now this term was coined by the Christians and Jews (I believe) in the first and second centuries A.D. to reference the non-Judeo-Christian beliefs of the Romans and other religions. Christianity was seen as a religion of urbanity (that is to say, cities) so those that lived in rural areas and ascribed to pre-Axial religions (such as the Greek and Roman pantheons and the Persian beliefs though those were hardly are prevalent at the time.)

A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.
-- Alexander Pope, Unknown , 1688-1744

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Heinlein's Razor
Stiles Mornay
Level 3 Contributor

Nomad of AnimA

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 06:00:45 pm »

.... I have to admit that I WAS a Christian. However, this was forced upon me when I was little. Naturally I rebelled against it much to the chagrin of my parents. Deep down, I must've felt that something was off with the religion.

Time passed and I eventually caved into it, did some kind of a commitment thingy to get my soul saved or whatever. Got into it a little bit by reading most of those Left Behind books and checking out some of the churches in my area. In a short time, I finally realized what was missing with the religion. It was holding back the essential truths about the supernatural and why we're here.

So I left the religion altogether and dove right into the supernatural with a passion with the help of my former master/teacher and friend of 9 years. One helluva trip (at least for me), learned so much and finally reached the same conclusion CimbleSimba said previous: we're here to learn. But not simply just to learn what's around us, but also ourselves and important life lessons that ultimately helps our spiritual evolution.

On a side note: I've been visited by many Angels and Demons (including the high-ranked ones) in my dreams shortly after I began my apprenticeship. Just putting that out since they pertain to Christianity.

Man, longest post by me so far. So sorry if I rambled..
The Sentinel
Level 4 Contributor

The Thread Zombie

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 06:34:13 pm »

I am Christian now, though I rejected it violently when I turned 13, and until recently (ten years later) I sought to make my own way and struck out on my own only to be drawn back after coming at the religion (Christianity) from a new angle, and one that I found suited me. There's nothing actually wrong with the religion, but there's a great deal wrong with many that profess to practice it without actually knowing what the book says.

A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.
-- Alexander Pope, Unknown , 1688-1744

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Heinlein's Razor
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:45:02 pm »

simblecimba this annoys me to no end when people and religions get blamed for something they themselves didn't do. I do not hunt down people and burn them and what not so why do I have to put up with the hate generated from you blaming me for that? Were you personally in this lifetime burned at the stake? obviously not because you made the post.

I am Christian and I would never abandon my religion. The Christian religion, if you dig deep enough, does not shy from the supernatural at all. You just have to read the right text. The bible of today is incomplete due to a bunch of senators and holy men getting together and ripping it apart for the most part.
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 09:36:23 pm »

And You, Dearest Stellar, are a much better person than I. Kiss

Aww, nice of you to notice. LOL. Just kidding. Not a better person, I am just a different sort of person.
onelight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 12:19:01 am »

I am a christian and a vamp too . I am glad to see others talking about this.
audrianna
BANNED
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 07:50:28 am »

im a jew and a vampire!

I see your shadow so I know,
That they're all wrong.
Moonlight on the soft brown earth,
It leads me to where you lay.
They took you away from me,
But now I'm taking you home.
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 11:38:25 am »

I am wiccan and a vampire.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: