AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 21, 2019, 02:33:01 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19897 Posts in 2603 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  General Otherkin Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Dragon Otherkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Otherkin  (Read 13937 times)
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« on: August 23, 2009, 05:16:01 pm »

I'm interested in finding out some information about dragon otherkin. If anyone has any they would like to share id be happy to hear it Smiley

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 08:58:12 pm »

While I dont really perscribe to the concept that a kin is any one particular species, I know that many claim one to help understand the echos they feel in this lifetime.

That said, I dont ID as dragonkin, but do have some very vivid and unfortunately unpleasant draconic  memories.  Some of the ways I  move when I am relaxed fall back to a bit reptilian (or just terrible table manners).

What specifically are you looking to know?

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Danielle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:02:27 pm »

Anything and everything there is to know about dragons and dragon kin.

The strength of the wolf is the pack. The strength of the pack is the wolf.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:37:59 am »

There is nothing special about them, they are just like an number of other things in this universe with positives and negatives, just like the body you are in now.  Find harmony in what you are now, is the best advice I can give you.

Paindancer
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 10:55:00 am »

There is nothing special about them, they are just like an number of other things in this universe with positives and negatives, just like the body you are in now.  Find harmony in what you are now, is the best advice I can give you.

I strongly dissagree there is something special about everything. I will do what I can to get your information.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 11:12:48 am »

Dragons once existed worldwide, but have since become extinct.  They were not fire-breathers, but their breath was hot.  Dragon kins I believe, but I am not sure, are people who have connected with the spirits of the fallen dragons and thus become Dragon Kin.  I will admit I am not certain on this, so please correct me if I am wrong.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 07:30:22 pm »

I would venture to guess most kin-types are merely very aware of the fragments of a past life, dragons are no different.  I will say, that with any alternate awareness, the important part is understanding what you are now, and not to overly focus on what you might have been.

Nothing special, is just that.  It isnt anything greater than the existence we have right now, and in many cases, less.

Fire breathing.. heh.. I presently breath fire.  Its not terribly difficult.  ;P

Paindancer
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2009, 11:55:53 am »

I strongly dissagree there is something special about everything. I will do what I can to get your information.

i think he was trying to say that they're not more special than any other type of otherkin you could feel associated with.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 01:04:33 pm »

bingo..

and as always, focus on what you have here and now.  Nothing is more precious or greater than the existence we currently have.

Paindancer
diss
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 05:15:38 pm »

Dragons once existed worldwide, but have since become extinct.  They were not fire-breathers, but their breath was hot.  Dragon kins I believe, but I am not sure, are people who have connected with the spirits of the fallen dragons and thus become Dragon Kin.  I will admit I am not certain on this, so please correct me if I am wrong.
of course they existed worldwide. which is why we've got such ample fossil evidence. NOT.

i count myself dragon. like paindancer says, i suppose it is an awareness of past lives lived as a dragon. as there is absolutely no sign of dragons having existed on earth i suppose that i lived on some other, extrasolar, planet. if we have transmigration of the soul (as reincarnation or otherwise) then why not migration through space.

my experience with other dragonkin is that everybody has their very own experience of what it means to be dragon, which is often wildly different from that of any other self-identified dragon. i have not found a single trait which is shared by all dragonkin, nor have i encountered any two dragons of the same type. any statement on what it means to be dragon must take that into account.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 03:19:30 pm »

well said diss

Paindancer
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 08:22:58 pm »

Actually, you're wrong. There are dragons and they still exist today in South-East Asia. They aren't the dragons you think of when you say the word, "Dragon", but they do exist. They are small, like the Komodo Dragon. They are classified Varanidae (Varanus komodoensis). They are basically just large lizards, larger than most other lizards anyway, and the Komodo is the largest. My australian friends told me of this, and often the locals see them as "dragons" though they are really just lizards.

There is a "belief" that dragons exist metaphysically in a world high on the astral plane beyond heaven, where only dragons can go. It is said there is a place beyond this that no one has ever gone. These are just things I read about and not experienced personally.

Befriending these metaphysical dragons is a practice known as Dragon Magick. You call to them using a dragon altar and ginger--they really love ginger root, which you will see if you leave it out for them as it will dry right up as if consumed and spit back out. Maybe it's just a reaction to oxygen, I don't know as I am not a scientist. Science wasn't my favorite subject.

To make a dragon altar, you just follow your nose and make one. It can be anything. You pick a table, maybe put down a statue, some precious stones, anything at all that feels like it might be suitable for your dragon altar.
In dragon magick, the name of the dragon is sacred. Knowing the name of the dragon is said to give you power over it. Thus, no metaphysical dragon will give you their name willingly, though there are many different types and they are all generally friendly, which is why they interact with the dragon altar so easily.

There are no spells, it's just a way of befriending them and they can be very protective over their friends, which is a good thing if you are trying to establish some form of protection in your temple area or home.

That's all I know about metaphysical dragons. I don't know how this relates to dragon-kin, if at all. Nor do I know of any relation to the mythological dragons of lore.

Hope this helps someone. Wink

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 09:03:09 pm »

Actually, you're wrong. There are dragons and they still exist today in South-East Asia. They aren't the dragons you think of when you say the word, "Dragon", but they do exist. They are small, like the Komodo Dragon. They are classified Varanidae (Varanus komodoensis). They are basically just large lizards, larger than most other lizards anyway, and the Komodo is the largest. My australian friends told me of this, and often the locals see them as "dragons" though they are really just lizards.

There is a "belief" that dragons exist metaphysically in a world high on the astral plane beyond heaven, where only dragons can go. It is said there is a place beyond this that no one has ever gone. These are just things I read about and not experienced personally.

Befriending these metaphysical dragons is a practice known as Dragon Magick. You call to them using a dragon altar and ginger--they really love ginger root, which you will see if you leave it out for them as it will dry right up as if consumed and spit back out. Maybe it's just a reaction to oxygen, I don't know as I am not a scientist. Science wasn't my favorite subject.

To make a dragon altar, you just follow your nose and make one. It can be anything. You pick a table, maybe put down a statue, some precious stones, anything at all that feels like it might be suitable for your dragon altar.
In dragon magick, the name of the dragon is sacred. Knowing the name of the dragon is said to give you power over it. Thus, no metaphysical dragon will give you their name willingly, though there are many different types and they are all generally friendly, which is why they interact with the dragon altar so easily.

There are no spells, it's just a way of befriending them and they can be very protective over their friends, which is a good thing if you are trying to establish some form of protection in your temple area or home.

That's all I know about metaphysical dragons. I don't know how this relates to dragon-kin, if at all. Nor do I know of any relation to the mythological dragons of lore.

no no, silly hume, it is me coming and eating everyone's ginger root >:3 mwahahaha! i love ginger root <3
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 10:03:15 pm »

no no, silly hume, it is me coming and eating everyone's ginger root >:3 mwahahaha! i love ginger root <3

Hahaha, You're so crazy. <3 Grin

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 08:50:27 am »

We had a retreat for my Pagan church years and years ago where we did something very similar to this.  We created an alter and then got a guardian dragon and had to obtain its name.  I still feel it every once in a while, but it has been a long time.  Thanks for bringing back a good memory Talus.  ^_^

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: