AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:09:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Wicca | Paganism | Druidism | Asatru | OTO | Freemasonry | Satanism | Luciferianism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Yes, I Am An Evil Vampire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Yes, I Am An Evil Vampire  (Read 34928 times)
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

Halloween has never been suggested to be a Christian holiday though.

It's still openly accepted by Christians though.
'Cause Halloween is awesome Cheesy
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 02:31:14 AM »

It's still openly accepted by Christians though.
'Cause Halloween is awesome Cheesy

yep, i am totally going trick or treating this year too >:3
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2009, 05:11:34 AM »

Me too. You're never too old for Trick-Or-Treating! I just need to persuade my little sister to go with me... haha. Cheesy
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 10:30:59 AM »

Me too. You're never too old for Trick-Or-Treating! I just need to persuade my little sister to go with me... haha. Cheesy

LOL, we're not even doing that, we're relying on our charming good-looks and ageless visages to get us by!! >:3
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »

Its so hard to take posts like this seriously.

Yeah.. our little gothling has done some interesting thinking on various religions, but geez, I have met some many 'evil incarnates' and 'embodiments of Lucifer' I just want to give them a number and tell them to take a seat and wait for their audition.

Yes yes, its very dark and cool to be all angry at the christian faith, but honestly, I have a hard time taking most satanists seriously as.. well.. to be honest, they are validating christianity to begin with by adopting its mythos and simply saying "I want to be the on the bad guy side".  Chances are, our latest evil incarnate here will decide its too  much work to maintain, and mellow out in a few years, might find a nice girl.

But, I will give yall something to twist your noodle around.  This whole fascination with evil thing... tell me.. what, really, is evil?  Sit down and describe a universal evil for me, please.  I mean, if you are evil incarnate, it should be a pretty easy task to define something that is evil across all cultures, all species, alll conception, right?  I'll have a go first:

Lets just throw out any Christian baseline for starters.  Its only fair, since most 'evil' people say christianity is a farce anyway.  So, simply rejecting Christianity dosnt make one evil.

Um.. murdering infants?  Thats pretty nasty,  right?  Certainly there are some very negative social reprocussions to doing such an act.  We are pretty clear on that.  But.. we make exceptions for wartime... and it happens in nature so I cant really say nature is evil.. so.. nasty.. yes.. but qualifying as a true universal evil... nope.

Los Angeles traffic at 5 pm?  Ok.. this might come close to a universal evil.  Im not  sure here.. maybe some people like this sort of thing.  It might be a stretch but its the best I got!

(Please, carry on the discussion, but sometimes, I think we get so caught up in polar thinking, we lose a lot of information in the act.. sorta like watching HDTV on a old black and white television.. just food for thought)

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 08:59:48 AM »

Yes, it is true what you said about the holidays,  Halloween for Samhain (sow-en), also called Hallows, Christmas for Yule.  All these holidays were created at the same time as Pagan holidays to please the Pagans and prevent an uprising.

Maybe, but they recognized it to make us Pagans happy.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 09:52:53 AM »

Some don't openly accept it. I have learned that the hard way.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

Yes, me as well. 

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 10:36:36 AM »

o_0

what kind of bible-belt states are you guys from? i've lived in california, ohio, michigan, and arizona, and had family in new york--but we only ever heard of uber christians who gave out bible verses wrapped around chocolate bars--full chocolate bars! (boy did we want to find their houses lol)
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 02:02:40 AM »

o_0

what kind of bible-belt states are you guys from? i've lived in california, ohio, michigan, and arizona, and had family in new york--but we only ever heard of uber christians who gave out bible verses wrapped around chocolate bars--full chocolate bars! (boy did we want to find their houses lol)
Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Armstonism(-ists?), and various other groups do not allow the celebration of Halloween. There's also a few that don't allow the celebration of Christmas or Easter either (instead, opting to celebrate the traditional Jewish holidays, or none at all).
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:11 AM »

Happy Samhain month everybody!  If anyone in Ohio wants to come to a Samhian ritual, just let me know, my family runs a Pagan church out of our house.  So anyone is welcome to come.  For details just ask.

thaidwen
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2009, 10:35:48 PM »

So, I checked out a variety of other views and ideas out there, and came to the conclusion that I'm actually a ::drum roll, please:: Satanist.  Why?  It sure isn't because I believe in Satan.  That would mean I actually believed in God and chose to side with the adversity.  And that's not it at all. 
It's more like this.  And I'll quote some things and if you can figure out where it comes from I'll send you a half eaten cookie from my desk. 

I would just like to point out, although i realise that I am jumping in very late in conversation...that you should not say you are a Satanist and that putting yourself in the same category with the Church of Satan does not mean you have to believe in Satan. Satanism is the belief in Satan and in God, that the two held different views of creation, and that you agree with Satans views.

You were correct in saying that your beliefs fall under this category, but that is all. It would be like saying you are a Christian and that you do not believe in Jesus Christ. I like your approach to the laws, though - that you have a very strong understanding of what you believe and its parralels to the religion itseld.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »

Actually, no.
Relatively few satanists actually believe in satan. They use the term to proclaim their opposition to normal xian viewpoints.

As to your other example, many xians would have termed the "real xians" of antiquity (jc's followers while he was alive) as fakes because they didn't believe in his divinity. Likewise the Romans who coined the term to refer to the followers of jc would find the current viewpoint of jc as this perfect deific figure downright laughable. Its a slippery slope telling someone that they can't call themselves something because of your opinion. Words change over time and people as well as organizations incorporate metaphors.

This point is especially ironic given that you're on a vampire board Smiley

---Mal
btw, thaidwen, what kind of satanist are you?
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »

Happy Samhain month everybody!  If anyone in Ohio wants to come to a Samhian ritual, just let me know, my family runs a Pagan church out of our house.  So anyone is welcome to come.  For details just ask.

Me and a bunch of people around where I live are throwing one too so anyone in new york let me know.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »

Actually, no.
Relatively few satanists actually believe in satan. They use the term to proclaim their opposition to normal xian viewpoints.

As to your other example, many xians would have termed the "real xians" of antiquity (jc's followers while he was alive) as fakes because they didn't believe in his divinity. Likewise the Romans who coined the term to refer to the followers of jc would find the current viewpoint of jc as this perfect deific figure downright laughable. Its a slippery slope telling someone that they can't call themselves something because of your opinion. Words change over time and people as well as organizations incorporate metaphors.

This point is especially ironic given that you're on a vampire board Smiley

---Mal
btw, thaidwen, what kind of satanist are you?

QFT, as it's (almost) exactly what I was going to say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: