AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2018, 06:45:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19895 Posts in 2601 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  Wicca | Paganism | Druidism | Asatru | OTO | Freemasonry | Satanism | Luciferianism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Yes, I Am An Evil Vampire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Yes, I Am An Evil Vampire  (Read 16442 times)
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 10:49:04 am »

Actually, no.
Relatively few satanists actually believe in satan. They use the term to proclaim their opposition to normal xian viewpoints.

As to your other example, many xians would have termed the "real xians" of antiquity (jc's followers while he was alive) as fakes because they didn't believe in his divinity. Likewise the Romans who coined the term to refer to the followers of jc would find the current viewpoint of jc as this perfect deific figure downright laughable. Its a slippery slope telling someone that they can't call themselves something because of your opinion. Words change over time and people as well as organizations incorporate metaphors.

This point is especially ironic given that you're on a vampire board Smiley

---Mal
btw, thaidwen, what kind of satanist are you?

Hmmm... I think I'm going to follow beloved and keep my mouth shut. Thanks for speaking up Maly-kins.  Kiss

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 01:21:14 am »

Very interesting topic, actually, Removed. I, er, dabble a bit in Chaos myself, and I would like to hear more, if you'd care to share. Personally, I don't consider Chaos in and of itself to be good OR evil, or neutral exactly, but rather, Chaos can be whatever the person partaking in and of it guides it to be - someone wants to cause great evil by causing Chaos, that's certainly possible, but sometimes Chaos can cause a lot of good too. To me, Chaos simply exists, its up to the person that contacts it to decide what happens - or, as is owing to its nature, something simply random as well.

Automotive Necromancer
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 05:51:12 pm »

Its so hard to take posts like this seriously.

Yeah.. our little gothling has done some interesting thinking on various religions, but geez, I have met some many 'evil incarnates' and 'embodiments of Lucifer' I just want to give them a number and tell them to take a seat and wait for their audition.

Yes yes, its very dark and cool to be all angry at the christian faith, but honestly, I have a hard time taking most satanists seriously as.. well.. to be honest, they are validating christianity to begin with by adopting its mythos and simply saying "I want to be the on the bad guy side".  Chances are, our latest evil incarnate here will decide its too  much work to maintain, and mellow out in a few years, might find a nice girl.

But, I will give yall something to twist your noodle around.  This whole fascination with evil thing... tell me.. what, really, is evil?  Sit down and describe a universal evil for me, please.  I mean, if you are evil incarnate, it should be a pretty easy task to define something that is evil across all cultures, all species, alll conception, right?  I'll have a go first:

Lets just throw out any Christian baseline for starters.  Its only fair, since most 'evil' people say christianity is a farce anyway.  So, simply rejecting Christianity dosnt make one evil.

Um.. murdering infants?  Thats pretty nasty,  right?  Certainly there are some very negative social reprocussions to doing such an act.  We are pretty clear on that.  But.. we make exceptions for wartime... and it happens in nature so I cant really say nature is evil.. so.. nasty.. yes.. but qualifying as a true universal evil... nope.

Los Angeles traffic at 5 pm?  Ok.. this might come close to a universal evil.  Im not  sure here.. maybe some people like this sort of thing.  It might be a stretch but its the best I got!

(Please, carry on the discussion, but sometimes, I think we get so caught up in polar thinking, we lose a lot of information in the act.. sorta like watching HDTV on a old black and white television.. just food for thought)

Hmm, Ive noticed you make some good points in alot of the posts I have seen thus far.

On the topic of good and evil I would have to say it is all based on perception. If anyone has read any of my prior posts some of them are bent on perception. I feel that perception be it societies, groups, nations, or the individual make up what we see as good, evil, normal, abnormal, unnatural, and natural. We focus on these things and the perceptions of society because we live it daily. In the states you are like to say that the store owner cutting off the hand of a thief would be evil or abnormal and yet in the middle east a thief suffers that as payment for his "crimes". It is how our societies and the persons within it perceive everything that gives us our supposed morality and decency. To one killing the person you find raping a family member would seem evil yet to me I find it just. Coming across a mugger in a street and beating them senseless and taking from them as they would have from you may seem an equal crime yet to me it is a warning to others who may try that they will be left with less than what they have come. But luckily for me I fell far from the perceptions of society and have come across my own.  Wink

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 02:14:28 pm »

Very interesting topic, actually, Removed. I, er, dabble a bit in Chaos myself, and I would like to hear more, if you'd care to share. Personally, I don't consider Chaos in and of itself to be good OR evil, or neutral exactly, but rather, Chaos can be whatever the person partaking in and of it guides it to be - someone wants to cause great evil by causing Chaos, that's certainly possible, but sometimes Chaos can cause a lot of good too. To me, Chaos simply exists, its up to the person that contacts it to decide what happens - or, as is owing to its nature, something simply random as well.

'removed' went by a different name, just as a fyi.  He had his insights, but also seemed to have a problem maintaining functionality.  He went fairly hostile for a bit, and either had himself removed or was booted.  Not sure.  Kinda miss his perspective at times.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:21 pm »

Yea, mert told me that, an hour after i posted. O well, such as it is.

Automotive Necromancer
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 01:04:10 pm »

Indeed.

I would be happy to discuss my own perspective on chaos if you like.  Its only perspective, but you are welcome to chat on the topic if you like.  Start up a thread.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
masticina
Level 3 Contributor

Rwar I am a tiger

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 08:53:48 am »

Mmm I will take this question as it comes. Am I an evil vampire
Evil can be both objective and subjective. Evil is defined by our society after all hence inherent subjective at most we can agree that MOST of us find certain behavior negative to the survival of our society. For instance stealing could be considered evil..but if one has to steal to eat enough to survive then it can be the society that is evil. It is a matter of subjective reality

The prime factor in defining what is evil would be Intent. I think it might sound geeking out but in mythology and modern mythology [think Lord of the Rings] there sometimes are those who desire to do good but the methods inherent causes destruction.

Really the only ones who would perceive me as Evil Vampire are those who judge, those who never dared to step outside of the lines. Those who belief they do good while doing evil them self.. Those who work for the white cleansing hand of death and decay in the name of "good and holy"

Fear nothing but Fear itself
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: