AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Is This True Or Not, What About Different Blood Types? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Is This True Or Not, What About Different Blood Types?  (Read 38952 times)
fallenone
Level 3 Contributor

« on: May 13, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »

Someone told me that differant blood types have differant tastes and give differant levels of energy ?
also, is it true or false that you can only feed according to your own blood type, for example if your a- and your donor is 0+ its going to make you sick in the long run, because if this is true, it might explain why I tend to get sick feeling sometimes. One person told me it could even cause death! Luckily my donor is my spouse, but he does have a differant blood type from me. I hope someone with more knowledge about this can help me answer these questions!  love!
diss
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 05:11:06 PM »

i've occasionally heard that vampires claim that they can taste/smell the difference between blood types, but most vampires scoff at the idea. the blood type should not influence compatibility when drinking it, as it all gets digested. there is a danger is when mixing blood, i.e. when injecting it, but that shouldn't be an issue in normal practice.

it is not surprising that you feel a bit queasy after drinking blood, it has strong emetic qualities. not everybody is affected by it, but by far most people are, including vampires.
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 03:14:04 AM »

It's been my experience that the individual person, not their blood type, causes a difference in the taste.
It's possible that if you consumed someone's blood their antigens (which initiate an immune response and clotting) could interfere with yours and cause death. For this to happen, it would require you to have a open wound on the inside of your digestive system, and probably a pretty large one. However, I'm not a doctor nor an expert on blood drinking, so there might be something I've overlooked.
Hope I helped a little.  Smiley
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:42:36 PM »

It's been my experience that the individual person, not their blood type, causes a difference in the taste.

That makes a lot of sense to me from an outside perspective.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
asteria
Level 5 Contributor

In The Night We Are Free

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »

I agree with talus it does make sence from an outside perspective I am very carful with who I chose and who agrees to help me.

The freedom of the night rejuvenates my soul and forgives my sins with its euphoria for I am a creature of the night and she will protect her children.
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 04:58:28 PM »

The different taste in the blood may be the different nutrients that person has inside their body, like someone with high Iron in their blood might taste more metallic etc.  With what was said earlier, the blood type difference can only harm you if it is injected or transfused, but I dont think that's your problem.  The truth is that a body can only digest a certain amount of blood before it literally makes you vomit.  I'd say just slow down with the blood a bit, spread it out throughout the day instead of drinking it all at one time.  Keep it refridgerated if you must.  That's all the advice I have on this subject.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 02:58:39 PM »

This could be a very interesting scientific study.The taste of blood. I have heard that some of us can in fact tell blood types but I not for sure if indeed it is blood types of what is in the blood that makes it different.I know that different people taste different but why is still not quite for sure.I could be what they have eaten.It might even possible that people's blood taste different because people have different essences like people smell different. For instance a mother know exactly how there children smell and lovers know how there loved one smells, this maybe the case with blood. Like I said this could be a very interesting study.

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 04:13:08 PM »

All I know is I haven't the foggiest clue lol. I've only ever drank from one donor so my experience is limited

"20 Bucks says none of y'all dumb white people can kill me"
Sfinelli3
Level 5 Contributor

There was a boy. A very strange, enchanted boy.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:30 AM »

I really just depends on what they eat, what they eat defines their blood taste, I have really high Iron so I am really metallic.  i like a metallic taste.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.
SilverRose
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 10:35:51 AM »

Yes your diet has a lot to do with the taste but your blood type also plays apart in it to like if you A and you have alot of iron it would differ from O with alot of iron. at least thats what i've been told.

Everyone has their own perception of perfection.

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat.

Meja yht mad meja.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 01:37:14 PM »

All I know is I haven't the foggiest clue lol. I've only ever drank from one donor so my experience is limited

same.

but i can say that i am blood type A-. Smiley
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:12:19 PM »

......wow I have no idea what my Blood Type is.....Holy Crap that's just awful

belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

......wow I have no idea what my Blood Type is.....Holy Crap that's just awful

how is it awful? o_0

it's being informed. Tongue

unless you mean that you don't know yours? they tell you when you donate blood.
Nocturne
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »

I don't know mine either, I've never donated blood, but I've thought of buying the cheap typing kit off thinkgeek.  Just for curiosity's sake.

The light which burns twice as bright, burns half as long...therefore we who live in darkness...live forever?
GraVes
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 07:35:22 PM »

HAH is there anything you CAN'T buy on Thinkgeek?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: