AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 03:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Awakening (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  What Was The Age Of Your Awakening? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: What Was The Age Of Your Awakening?  (Read 52988 times)
Alyssasidhe
Level 2 Contributor

Looking for Home

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »

How old were you when you awakened?

I've always been awake. It wasn't until I started going to school that I realized everyone did not share in my world. I've always felt notions of the thought processes of others, and I've always seen the disembodied (for the record, it's nothing like most people think it is). I was shocked to find every one else was absent this perception and have never been able to grasp what reality would be like without it.

Physically?
The way my senses gathered information changed completely. I now associate colors with everything, I can hear for great distances and see for miles, and everything I touch becomes me, at least in a certain respect. I engage in tactile feeding that is uncontrollable aside from taking notice to what I touch.

Mentally / Emotionally?
I now suffer from Body Dysmorphic Disorder because I do not associate with my reflection. I am energy first, flesh second, so I do not immediately identify my body as myself. I am not necessarily displeased with what I see in the mirror and people I inquire about it always seem to find me attractive, but I don't immediately think it's me that I'm looking at, and it causes a lot of core identity issues.

Spiritually?
The spiritual impact is in my opinion totally relative to what aspect of the spiritual we are discussing. Is it adopting some crazy new religion or a question of how my opinions on the world changed? I'll go with the latter. Knowing how fleeting all of life was, and how 100 years of life was just a rain drop in the ocean considering the whole scheme of things, I lost value in all things, because I knew even the most profound of things were finite and even the impact of them would be quick to fade. In these times I value nothing, for all things I hold dear are quick to leave me.

What changes did you notice through each transition (or all at one) with your awakening?
See above.

Did you suffer a traumatic event such as the death of a parent, loved one, or near death experience around the same time of your awakening?
Uuuuuhhh yeah. I was stabbed in Houston, Texas when I was 15. I flat-lined and according to medical reports was DOA and had been for roughly 14 minutes. I was revived (obviously).

This is basically how I felt... I'm glad to see someone else has had the same experiences as I did. I have never had a near death or return from death experience, but I've always been aware of the other senses. For me, the only awakening I've had is when I realized that, on some level or another, I had access to another world that most people do not. Personally to me I'm a vampire, and mundanes aren't... but I'm open to other interpretations. What I won't accept now is someone trying to tell me this is "all in my head" UNLESS it is NOT in conjunction with the general "You should just get over it." Maybe it is all in my head, but it doesn't matter. This is where I am now. This is the only sort of awakening I've gone through, and I've only been going through it in the past 6 months.

I'm one of the crazy ones. I guess that makes me lucky.
jpvanir
Level 2 Contributor

Vampyrian TempleUVUP

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 11:13:40 PM »

How old were you when you awakened? I was in my 20's

Physically? About the same time

Mentally / Emotionally? a few years later

Spiritually? after reading various Spirituality's 

What changes did you notice through each transition (or all at one) with your awakening? I evolved Spiritually by learning

Did you suffer a traumatic event such as the death of a parent, loved one, or near death experience around the same time of your awakening? No

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: