AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:05:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Physicists Prove That Vampires Could Not Exist 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Physicists Prove That Vampires Could Not Exist  (Read 5073 times)
Adrian
House AVA Member
Level 2 Contributor

« on: May 19, 2009, 06:35:28 PM »

I thought this was kinda funny in some ways  Wink :

http://io9.com/5241252/physicists-prove-that-vampires-could-not-exist

AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:11 PM »

Very interesting article... What they are saying is that it is mathematical impossible but is it there study is based on only sang vamps not including psi vamps and they do not know that we have our own guidelines to focus on.Suggesting that killing would deplete the human population and making vampires these are hollywood statics and inncorrect. I don't believe it was an accurate study since they did not have all the facts.

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 06:57:35 AM »

One simple fact throws their 'study' out the window...real vampires do not "turn" others...its a wonder how they got their degrees if they got their minds so lost in Hollywood...

also, concerning the quote, "vampires are presented exclusively as greedy consumers: a rational strategy of managing their human resources is not considered." This is a joke. Even in Hollywood vampires are portrayed as intelligent and sophisticated such that only the lowest ranks of whatever hierarchy is portrayed are animalistic and devoid of restraint.

but, like too many of these crack pot articles....they get funnier towards the end...the author actually starts to crack jokes out of desperation at the end of his article, making jokes about economics being a dismal science and something preying on vampires...pfft...somebody call the Globe....i think they need to keep a better track of their writers.

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Glenn
Level 3 Contributor

The wind blows on the Cycle of the Sun

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 03:17:26 PM »

They used to think that the Earth was the center of the universe, then that the Milky Way Galaxy was the universe with the sun at the center, then the expanding universe, then the accelerating universe. In math there has been a lot of discussion over the square root of -1. I was taught that it did not exist in high school, then in college it was the solution to some differential equations.

Science is subjected to peer review and tests for predictions and repeatability of results. I do not think this "proof" will stand up.
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 07:11:08 AM »

Two physicists have published an academic paper where they demonstrate, by virtue of geometric progression, that vampires could not exist, since they would almost immediately deplete their entire food supply

I stopped reading there.  Cool

Too bad a degree doesn't equate to an education.

Give me enough time and I can find an equation for any variable you give me.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »

Fun and interesting. Very cool. "Intertemporal consumption problem"! Far out.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: