AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 01:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Vampires Need Blood Tests Too! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Vampires Need Blood Tests Too!  (Read 4994 times)
Divinities Creature
Level 2 Contributor

« on: January 06, 2010, 02:46:14 PM »

When reading about sanguine feeding or tantric feeding and donors, you will see again and again the emphasis on requiring your donors to have a thorough blood test prior to feeding. However, you do not often read about donors requiring the potential vampire to also have a thorough blood test prior to feeding. I think it is important for both parties safety that they both undergo a blood pathogen test. As a donor, I would be very concerned that the potential vampire has more than one donor perhaps or engages in other potentially risky behavior (i.e. drug use)the consequences of which I would want to steer clear from. I would hope to start seeing donors take some control into their own able hands and ask for a blood test.

"Though my soul lies in darkness,
It will rise again in light,
I have loved the stars too fondly,
To be fearful of the night."
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »

Yes, I believe its only right that both partners get tested, as an act of good faith....its not a pleasant experience, which makes you doublethink every time you change partners....not that im that wild, but you can imagine how the concepts of classical conditioning apply here to make one more weary to switch partners. =p

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
Divinities Creature
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 05:54:49 PM »

Exactly. If you expect someone else to do something, then you should be willing to do it too. I also think that maybe this is a good way to make someone think twice before jumping headlong into a vamp-donor relationship without thinking it through and for those that want a relationship between more than one donor. I think being weary is healthy lol.

"Though my soul lies in darkness,
It will rise again in light,
I have loved the stars too fondly,
To be fearful of the night."
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »

I would have to say that I had thought this was implied in the testing before entering into a relationship with a donor but now that I think about it it normally isnt implied. Great fact and Id say its one to live by. A cut in the mouth of someone who may be putting their mouth over a cut (actually one of the NOT recommended ways of feeding from a donor Ive noticed) or feeding tantricly you'd think to have them tested also? So that they are sure to be clean and not a risk factor for the donor as well. I know this is an old post but I think this should be touched on time to time to remind those out there entering into such relationships(that's what i see them as) of their responsibilities to their donor/Vamp.

And yes Etheros makes a good point on it not being pleasant but I am sure that it is better to suffer that unpleasantness than an unpleasantness possibly for a lifetime.

Note: There will be those out there who would say:"Why would I get tested? I am a Vamp I dont get those mundane illnesses." Dont take that crock of BS seriously. Youd tell your sexual partner if you dont get tested you dont get any? Or any outside of a "wrapper" at least (Though condoms do tend to allow some STDs if im not mistaken to be contracted still).

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: