AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:41:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  How Do You Cope With Extreme Hunger Or Cravings? Sang Or Psi 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: How Do You Cope With Extreme Hunger Or Cravings? Sang Or Psi  (Read 53096 times)
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »

I feed both Sang and Psi. Normally I go long periods without taking due to my sole donor being my spouse so that I don't harm her. I spend maybe 6 months to a year without feeding Sang and normally it suffices to feed off of strong elements. Lightning storms being one of my favorites as I have found Lightning to be one of the purer forms of energy. I have on occasion fed on the astral which actually helps alot more than it hurts. As for food, any that has a taste I enjoy. Rice seems to be one of the foods I enjoy the most yet no food really stays the "thirst". I eat and feel myself still hungry, drink and feel myself still thirsty.

During my younger years I was one to feed without permissions yet I would be sure to take just enough or on a large enough group where I could have my fill without harming a single one.

I have always found it odd that those who would be doing a service to those they feed would ask permissions when they need. Most would drain from the person the energy that is tainted by years of not being cleansed or from the negativity around them. Feeding on this energy leads the "victim" to build back up their energy giving them newer fresher energy which is clean and healthier. As for sang feeding, who would take without consent unless they wish to contract something for which those who scream Karma would have a laugh.

Just my experience and thoughts though now smelling burgers I am hungry XD.

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
NocturnisOrchid
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 03:05:32 PM »

As far as sang.cravings, I try to do a med.rare steak about once a week.Since my awakening years ago, my taste for sweets has increased as well, so I try to be good and keep several protein bars around instead of candy bars for the sweet cravings.Nothing really compars to the real thing of course, but I find the steak fix once a week helps a lot.
Be safe.

We are as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire.
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 07:23:33 AM »

I know the feeling. I've been restrained before in a freak out. Mostly what is seen is me just pacing around, if I'm in a confined area. Something like a wolf patrolling a fence.

That said, yes, a rare steak is wonderful. Its kinda funny, but i got to a near red state at the dorms. I walked about 2 miles to a Chilli's and as soon as I said "rare steak", she made a joke about me being a vampire. I looked up at the waitress with a expression that got that steak out rather quickly I must say. Afterward, when she was more comfortable knowing I wasnt ravenous, we got along fine tho. Don't think i should go back there tho. My eyes betrayed me too easy to her.

Damn. I'm getting hungry just talking about it.

Lol I ordered a steak that way and was licking the juice and had a girl staring at me. >.< I was all seriously? I was stuck on school food which really sucked and my mom was visiting me so I got steak the real way. >.> It's not my fault I was so hungry. >.> My stomach is just too picky. lol If someone likes a steak well done they might as well add two peaces of bread and condiments. >.>

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
sphynxcatvp
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »

Protein, protein and protein! I like a good steak, done just this side of tartar, and cooked in bacon grease. I'm finding I like having a bit of fats with my proteins, and as long as it works (since I tend to get the leaner tender cuts), I'm not arguing.

But definitely gotta keep proteins in the diet.

~SphynxCatVP
Community Old Fart :-)
Webmaster, SphynxCat's Real Vampire's Support Page
Follow me on Twitter, too
Visit Shambala, my new forum!
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »

Protein, protein and protein! I like a good steak, done just this side of tartar, and cooked in bacon grease.
*nods*
i find i crave meat more, or my cravings for peanut butter get more frequent.. i'm just weird like that..
just the mention of peanut butter can trigger a craving.. but i notice when i'm at my worst, even without the mention (other than other things) i crave peanut butter.. sometimes also bacon.. or some actual like meat meat (red meat, like steak).
sometimes i'll also crave mayonaise.. which i personally find gross, though it tastes good, so i have small portions, but when i'm Craving, in not so much the food craving way.. i tend to want more mayonaise (as well as other stuff, like peanut butter).. i sometimes make weird combinations of things o.O.. not so much mayo and peanut butter but like.. bacon, cheese and peanut butter lol..
Sometimes i'll crave vegies, like good dark greens, healthy stuff. but more often it's meat.. i just prefer the fruit and vegies
sphynxcatvp
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 05:20:24 PM »

Oil is one of the ingredients in mayonnaise, so that could explain the mayo cravings. (Oil being one form of fat...)  I like it spread on lettuce myself, rather than mixed with other things. Especially the crisp, crunchy lettuce. :)

~SphynxCatVP
Community Old Fart :-)
Webmaster, SphynxCat's Real Vampire's Support Page
Follow me on Twitter, too
Visit Shambala, my new forum!
Decline
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 05:40:33 AM »

Please excuse me for my bad English   Embarrassed
 I have an extremely lack of power if I'm not going out for entire day.  I need to walk among noise crowds  some times talk with strangers for a various subjects this make me feel good, I'd love when they talk to me about their problems. If i don't do that I have a craving at night something like strong hunger but food can't help me to satisfy it. I can't think about anything else. Some times i go to the 24 hour shop at 2am and by huge amount of various food. When I  eat it I feel pain in my stomach from overeat but hunger is still there. I feel better when I eat 75% of my daily intake of protein and running in the wood near by. I made a blood test to see if I have an anemia but everything was alright. My skin is a reflection of the way I feel  since my childhood it is very white and when everything is just fine it look normal. When I feel weak big circles appeared  under my eyes and my skin looks yellowish and much of the blood vessels can be seen below. Then my relatives think I'm sick but only my mood is bad. And I'm irritable and even when just started to talk to someone it starts to head it hurts so I go for a walk or run. This has always fix things.
I have a grandmother whose hair appeared a white coat only after the age of 65 when I was a kid and she saw that I did not feel well then she grabbed my hands and I felt heat, holding them for several minutes and I felt great afterward. She said she loves to give energy to people who she loves.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2010, 09:37:56 AM »

Please excuse me for my bad English   Embarrassed
 I have an extremely lack of power if I'm not going out for entire day.  I need to walk among noise crowds  some times talk with strangers for a various subjects this make me feel good, I'd love when they talk to me about their problems. If i don't do that I have a craving at night something like strong hunger but food can't help me to satisfy it. I can't think about anything else. Some times i go to the 24 hour shop at 2am and by huge amount of various food. When I  eat it I feel pain in my stomach from overeat but hunger is still there. I feel better when I eat 75% of my daily intake of protein and running in the wood near by. I made a blood test to see if I have an anemia but everything was alright. My skin is a reflection of the way I feel  since my childhood it is very white and when everything is just fine it look normal. When I feel weak big circles appeared  under my eyes and my skin looks yellowish and much of the blood vessels can be seen below. Then my relatives think I'm sick but only my mood is bad. And I'm irritable and even when just started to talk to someone it starts to head it hurts so I go for a walk or run. This has always fix things.
I have a grandmother whose hair appeared a white coat only after the age of 65 when I was a kid and she saw that I did not feel well then she grabbed my hands and I felt heat, holding them for several minutes and I felt great afterward. She said she loves to give energy to people who she loves.

From your words, it seems you could be a pranic feeder and that energy manipulation may run in your family.  Its hard to say for sure with the information at hand.

If you know what makes you feel better.. do it.  Also make sure you take good vitamanis if you have a protien heavy diet.. it is easy to miss some important ones.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
psivampire66
Level 1 Contributor

One shall seek the desire of ones path.

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »

How do you cope with extreme hunger, cravings, or vamp-out, twoofing, etc?

Blood?

Psi / Energetic?

1st I go for my energy reserves.

2nd once that runs out, I reach out to the city in general, going for the light ambient in the area. This takes the 'edge' off.

3rd I try to physically eat something with potassium in it. That seems to stave off energy hunger.

4th I seek core feeding from those I know as donors. If I'm not online or able to call them, I just reach to those I'm close with, that we have the understanding if I need, I can take. I prefer not to go this route blindly, as they could be driving and that can cause serious problems for them.

That's about as far as I've needed so far.

Anyone else have methods to share?

-Arcane
Sometimes I just go to a state of mind and trangquilty
Glenn
Level 3 Contributor

The wind blows on the Cycle of the Sun

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:25 PM »

I get a steak and cook it rare and sometimes eat a few bites raw. I also listen to music and read.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »

Sang here, and... CHOCOLATE!!!!

Lol, seriously, i eat a LOT of chocolate, it does seem to take the edge off. also, i live quite secluded, keeping away from people tends to help as well.

Automotive Necromancer
LadyOfPales
Level 4 Contributor

ITS A SPY

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 11:53:51 AM »

lots of fruit, usually mandarin oranges or peaches BI

>:|
Glenn
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 01:33:01 AM »

I sometimes avoid large crowds. Negative energy is mixed in with the rest, and I have had trouble filtering it out.
Darklilone
Level 5 Contributor

Amelia Nightside

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 02:45:30 AM »

I sometimes avoid large crowds. Negative energy is mixed in with the rest, and I have had trouble filtering it out.
For me, maybe that's how it is.
I always just thought it made me go into overload in general. *shrugs* always thought it was mainly my empathy that got me to overload though.. all the energy around, with any and all emotion attached to it.
Kinda feels like a form of sensory overload. I always have the urge/need to escape to a smaller place, by myself, preferably dark but i can always close my eyes.. *shrugs* gives me a chance to focus and/or clear my head.

Actually read in a book somewhere (it was a functional book, mind you), this kid when he felt overloaded would stand in a corner and just stare at the junction between the walls. it helped to focus his mind by staring at the smaller space. I've actually thought about trying this if i didn't think i'd look foolish.
Glenn
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 11:45:48 PM »

I used to avoid large crowds like crazy. I'd just leave and find someplace quiet. Loud sounds bother me too. I have been learning to "just" ignore it. It is hard to learn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: