AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Psychic | Tantric | Elemental Vampirism (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Weird Wine Experience Is It Psy Or Elemental? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Weird Wine Experience Is It Psy Or Elemental?  (Read 8158 times)
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« on: January 20, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »

Ok sometimes I know my bad I forget to drink a glass of wine a day, also too when the weather changes too much then like everything starts to feel run down. Like my ears hurt my eyes look like I smoke pot (I don't) I feel so tired it's like I've been drained of what I need. Usually then too I push away from everyone. Well lately I've found an odd cure, which I hope no one freaks out over. If I make small cuts and push wine into them, I feel my energy coming back. It's like a more direct route or something. It's like I need it more directly inside of me. I was feeling totally out of it yesterday and I did it again and it is like it entered into me and fixed what was wrong. I'm having a bit of that doesn't make sense thoughts with it since when I did things in that nature (take out the wine, and add more) in my past and it was a totally different experience, and was to get the energy and stress out. Then I'd feel calmer, but this is different. It's more like I need wine more so then just by drinking it. Does this make at all sense? >.< Is there a better way to get energy in you? A lot of the time if I don't stay focused I tend to feel like I'm drifting off, like I'm not fully awake. 

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
K. Muraki
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:28:46 AM »

I've found that grape juice or any reddish/purplish fruit juice seems to have a kind of calming yet energizing effect on me, particularly if I'm in a nasty mood and the temptation is there to bite a piece out of someone's energy field. (I took The Pledge when I turned 21, due to some very bad substance abuse problems in my extended family, thus I don't use alcohol). I don't know if it's a placebo effect or what it is, but if it keeps me from vamping out on someone, it's a good thing.
deacongray
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 01:20:43 PM »

I am going to take a leap here,

Judging by the name you selected I am going to guess you have some interest, if you are not an all out follower of Baccus/ Dionysis. Being in some cultures the god of the vine...amoungst other things there is often a strong link between people who follow elements of this path, and of course the wine that seems so connected to it.
My thought on this  would be that you have put serious spiritual significants in wine, and the closer you get, in some ways to the wine the more you feel connected to that spiritual force.

Now bare with me a little here. I think science wise there is very little wine used in this manner can do for you sense of well being. However if you put enough spiritual merit into wine, than I believe much is possible. Belief, as we know, has an effect on people physically. The same can be said for Catholics who take the sacrament, while the physical connect cannot really be made, we do know that the power of belief has a lot of interesting effects on the physical form.

I have done a lot of study into Baccus and Dionysis myself and find it refreshing that not everyone has abondoned the old gods with out really understanding them. Keudos to you for the study and practice

Deacon Gray
Maenad
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »

K. Muraki lol it really does help you deal with people better. Especially lately my dad who turned into someone who never is quiet. And I need the quiet. Sometimes when he's around I feel like I'm going bloody mental >.> and then I start talking Brittish. >.< I watch too much BBC sometimes lol I do drink other alcohol and really other then tasting it, it doesn't work on me like wine it's like the feeling a diluted.

deacongray Thank you, I'm an Atheist and Taoist too which all makes sense in my magic hat of things I consider. With Dionysus I believe that the gods were more human then human like they were the literary way people understood more about the world. It's like for example Sherlock Holmes, there are many people who probably became detectives after reading his books because they connected with the character. So he lives but in our minds like a symbol of something but not a literal person. Other religions drew from the older ones and melted their stories into their gods but it's always best to know the originals. That's why when I drink it's like connecting back to the past. As far as the placebo effect I've physically become more healthy since I've been having wine daily. I've had a lot less trips to the doctor so I think it's something in my biology that just needs it to fight off infection. Also I use to be Catholic and trust me wine church is a whole lot easier on the knees. Especially when you get older. XD       

In vino veritas. Vero est vita.... In the process.
deacongray
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »

So many interesting links to be made...I hope I don't get too scattered in my thinking on this one. I am not shocked to hear you are a Taoist. When I look at the old practices of Dionysus followers the Meanades it makes perfect sense to me to see a Taoist following some of the same paths. The Meanades, as I am sure you are aware, believed in exploration of the devine through breaking out of personal statis. They did this through the act of excess in many things. People see the old images of the wine drinking, the orgies, the merriment and seem to think that the practice was simply an excuse for excess, when they actually had a point to the excess which was breaking through the veils of complacentcy. But, like in many faiths, or movements people often got too caught up in the idea. The Meandaes were well known to wander and incite wild parties and practices as they spread the word, but like too many today they lost the concept and turned the acts of breaking free from their personal stasis into the whole of the faith.

Aldous Huxley spoke about breaking down the doors of preception, but often failed to note that once you kick down the door, you have to move past it, not stand their kicking the fragments of the same door over and over again. At some point one has to walk through the door and grow. Tantra, and Hinduism to some extent followed the same philosophy, in Tantra they speak about break taboos...basically step outside what is acceptable in order to find a new expirence. The Right hand path for doing this is seldom talk about, but it is there, the left hand path tends to be the focus...which is interesting really. The Left hand path in Tantra (the people who coined the phrase) was all about excess breaking sexual taboos, or socities taboos, or even heavy drink. The Right hand path on the other hand spoke about other taboos like...living monks life as opposed to traditional family life. Giving up worldly things...stuff like that...plainly more complex. Tao on the other hand tends to embrace some of the same practicees but with more discipline in most cases. All of these concepts were about the mind, the individual growth and potential.  Sorry I love this subject a little too much I think and tend to go on.
Octarine Valur
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 04:52:45 AM »

.... and now vinepyres Wink

Sorry, couldn't resist Wink

I like wine myself, although it tends to make me sleepy (but happy) and the opposite of energized. Honestly I never tried cutting myself and putting wine into the cuts - I'd be interested to know how you came to try that?

Perhaps you should try the direct route and shoot some up and document the effects, that is if you can still type afterwards? Tongue

V

We drink the darkness
In the night,
We drink the darkness
That smothers light.
Cheri
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »

Perhaps you should try the direct route and shoot some up and document the effects, that is if you can still type afterwards? Tongue

V

Sorry but had to say this. (you know the entire thing with people today needing the directions "open here" on the candy thing)

Never inject anything into your body, unless it is on your Doctors orders and they have trained you to do so!

Ok, I feel better now, if they are silly enough to not see you were joking, well they have now been told it is not safe Smiley .

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: