AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 02:19:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Home For The Young. Wishful Thinking Shall Become Reality 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Home For The Young. Wishful Thinking Shall Become Reality  (Read 4693 times)
Lady Scythe
Level 2 Contributor

« on: March 25, 2009, 10:40:53 AM »

As you may know I am a minor and I do not have much control over my life due to government law. So despite my wishes I cannot travel and visit houses or groups within my vampyre community. I wish to be more apart of the community and to contribute even more. I feel like I am wasting time, I have done plenty of research, spent much time thinking and wishing to do more. If I were older and able, I would be traveling across the United States to visit hot spots in the community.

So, this thinking has made given me two options.

1. I wait two more years.
2. Take charge.

So why not make a house that focuses on vampyre minors in the state of Kansas?

It's wishful thinking, but I am tired of sitting around. I need a goal in life, I need something to occupy my mind besides the mundane things. I am getting extremely restless and I see that many houses, groups, orders ,havens and so on do not cater to the young. Most are lost at my age and need guidance. I am willing to work hard and do anything to make something for the younger vampyre generation.

Suggestions would be lovely and are extremely needed. I really want to make something become a reality more than a thought. I am tired of wishing on a dead star.

Here is a very rough and simple outline of a little bit of everything. Details later and more so...

-No hierarchy
-Teaches young generation about vampyrism in an effective and formal way.
-Guidance
-Meetings
-Cater to the young
-Social events
-Research help
-Rules
-Easier to contribute to community
-Meet others in Kansas
-Find someone to help.
-Name is important.
-Make purpose written.
-Safety!!!!!
-Hold firm ethics/morals
-Black Veil
-Smooth out road bumps
-Time is issue for all
-Transportation
-School
-Parents
-Law
-Money
-Motivation (for me)

-Embrace.+
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »

As you mentioned, a great deal of the restriction is due to laws.
Most Houses are justified in their wariness in dealing with teens, not necessarily because of what may or may not occur with the teen, but because of their parents and potential litigation & / or jail time.

The desire to help others is a generally noble one, but I would challenge you to go back to your basic precepts and ask yourself "why?"

Why does it require you form a House to accomplish your goals?
What is it about a House that makes you want to belong in one?

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying think about what it is your doing and find out if it has anything to do with why you're doing it...

... especially consider the legal ramifications after you've spent years building something catering to minors and you no longer are one... its an odd place to be, trust me.

My advise to you: don't focus your life on only one aspect of yourself, whether it be a career in Mundania™ or as the new House Leader of KansasBitesWell... find a way to keep in balance and do it while you're still young enough that most of your options are open to you. 

My apologies if this is somewhat rambling as I'm at lunch trying to eat and think and type at the same time... will elucidate further later, but wanted to throw that out there...

---Mal
Lady Scythe
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »

Creating a house or an organized group is serious. I understand that much thought should be given on such a matter. I have asked myself why for so long, so instead I am asking why not? Balance is key and I know that I shall have a balanced life despite how I live it. I am not sure how to structure any of my thoughts right now so they may be raw and off from what I mean.

This group will be for younger vampyres or other spiritually aware or awakened minors to get together on an outing, discuss things in the community and about ourselves, have a good time and do some community service. I want to give not only to my vampyre community but to the mundane community as well while finding others who are lost and help them while they help me.

I will be making sure that safety is heavily understood and that no laws will be broken.

I understand what you mean, I had actually thought about that and laughed. It would be a little strange to be catering to young ones when I am not, but I'll get to that later...

(LOL KansasBitesWell..Cute)

Well, I plan on taking this idea full swing, whether or not I officially make a house or a group of others to keep in contact I will be focusing on helping others who are minors.

I know I am young and many options lay at my door, but the door won't budge and I am tired of scratching at it like an impatient pup. I have had this idea for several years and always asked why. Like I said earlier, why not?

-Embrace.+
Sunshine1626
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 03:00:55 AM »

I've had similar ideas to start a group in my area for teens. However, what deterred me was that either only a very few would be aloud to join, or parental criticism would shut it down completely. There's also the problem that if the local media got word of the group, it's very likely that they'd skip over all the positive aspects, instead portraying it as a "vampire cult intent on corrupting your children".
If you do decided to go through with you group, I wish you the best of luck!
Lady Scythe
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 10:19:42 AM »

Again, I realized this to be a possibility and still I am deciding to do this because despite the media, our actions over time shall speak louder. My goal is to let everyone know we are a positive group that is wishing to help our communities. I know people are..stupid and listen to the crap and eat it up like a rare delicacy.

I am a very stubborn person and I will make sure I have plenty of hard information to defend the group. I know parents can be an issue and that will be the hardest thing is open-mindedness from worried and hard-core strict parentals of these teenangers.

The only corruption there will be is a good one.

Oh and Maloryn I used KansasBitesWell as my online group name. I thought it was cute and funny, a side tickler so I couldn't resist using it.

I have already started with my plans and I have even communicated with some kids at my school. I think I am having a good start.

-Embrace.+
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »

Oh and Maloryn I used KansasBitesWell as my online group name. I thought it was cute and funny, a side tickler so I couldn't resist using it.

Heh, good for you !
Luck to you on this...

---Mal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: