AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Vampire Community & Subcultural Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  AVA Discussion: Dealing With Negative Publicity? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: AVA Discussion: Dealing With Negative Publicity?  (Read 32307 times)
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 08:05:31 PM »

Did they? I must of missed that particular memo.

Automotive Necromancer
Nadia115
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 08:23:52 PM »

Well hells...I thought I told you hun. It WAS during October that it was being discussed and as you personally know, I was very busy so I probably forgot that. But, yes, it has been discussed as an idea for NEXT Halloween season. So now, everyone knows LOL.
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 09:31:16 PM »

I've read every post in this thread, and I'm of the opinion that there needs to be a combination of openly stating that the vampire community doesn't support or condone acts of violence done by an individual who claims to be a vampire. There's quite a number of news stories in the media about crimes commited by supposed vampires, and whether the perp is actually a vampire or not, violence is wrong and perhaps we can take a public, unified stance against such a thing. Nearly every news organization publishes a web version of their news report, and since they more or less get posted here, we could sign up with that particular websites message board and state that that action is not supported or condoned by the VC. At the very least do so when it shows up in your local news media.

I don't think that we should just ignore the situation and hope it'll go away. America did the same thing in the late 1930's and we nearly lost our entire Naval fleet at Pearl Harbor. We need to be proactive and do our best to prevent social stigma before it becomes a serious problem. We have the advantage of foresight, shouldn't we use it?

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2010, 09:50:31 PM »

Actually, if one is a student of military history, and I am an amateur one, one would be aware that Pearl Harbor was a deliberate setup to allow the US entry into ww2. They knew it was coming for months, they had the radar to detect the forces inbound, and things were deliberately stalled to prevent a proper defensive action.

Funny, how history repeats itself.

Automotive Necromancer
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2010, 09:59:10 PM »

I was just using that as an example. I'm not really into war history, I really detest such things as war and violence. What I know is what I learned in Florida's public school system.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »

Just to wander off topic a moment, do they teach you that Canadians burnt the White House to the ground once?

Automotive Necromancer
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »

No, I wasn't taught that. Did they? Florida focuses on teaching their students what they need to pass the states' standardized test called FCAT. If it's not on that test, it doesn't get taught. After all, if students don't pass it in 5th grade, they can't leave elementary school, if 8th graders don't pass, they can't go on to high school, and high school students begin taking the test in 10th grade. If they don't pass it then (2/3 don't) they have 5 more chances. There was actually a high school valedictorian who wasn't allowed to graduate high school because he was blind and the law states that the test cannot be read out loud. He and his family sued the school board and the state, but I don't know what happened to the case.

RKCoon
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington

Yes its Wiki but its close enough. Enjoy. :p

Automotive Necromancer
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 10:52:33 PM »

Thanks! Although according to that article, they were still British at the time. Interesting, the things they don't teach you in school.

display
Level 5 Contributor

sorry, but my "Givafuk" is broken

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2010, 01:00:46 AM »

damn english lol  Tongue
display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2010, 01:04:25 AM »

before anyone starts crying... I was borne in england...whiltshire T. B. E.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2010, 07:48:41 AM »

Actually the blood drive has been discussed. Not a new idea at all.

I think I brought it up at the la twilight but I'm sure I wasn't the first.  It's easy to come up with positive pr stunts.  Just a matter of providing a constant positive face, community wise.  That face BTW should not be one individual.  The goal is community pr not a cult model.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »

Thats what I was meaning. All these different news websites have a section underneath the article where users can post comments. the articles relating to vampirism almost always get posted here, so why can't as many of us as possible who read said article sign up to post a comment (I've never seen one that cost money) and leave a positive comment about vampires, and possibly a link to one of the decent websites about vampirism, like this one? It wouldn't be an official statement, and it most likely won't get national attention, but the other people reading the news article and/or the comments section on that article would at least to have a chance to get accurate information from independent sources.

display
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »

try Real Vampire News,
its a unbias site
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 03:50:53 PM »

I follow them on twitter. They never tweet, lol.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: