AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:51:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Religion, Spirituality, & Philosophy  |  General Spiritual & Philosophical Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Left, Right & Center 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Left, Right & Center  (Read 4336 times)
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« on: April 28, 2009, 03:22:29 PM »

The left handed path...is that basically meaning your a little more liberal, less exclusive, more inclusive?
Can i ask, has anyone ever isolated a gene that might produce this deficiency?

Ye i dont feel so bad, i just got back from swimming with my physiotherapist, it was fun...amazing how buoyant water is. I cant swim though so she tried to make me do a breast stroke with this funny float thingy, took a total nose dive. So Tonic Clonic Seizures, are those ones where u just black out or the other more...physical ones?

Well, it's something of a template from another religion. Basically there are two types of people, introverts and extroverts.

The right-handed path is the most popular yet the least outspoken of the two. It is equivalent to Christianity. It is an understanding that basically you are not in control over your own destiny. It is to accept something higher than yourself, it appears as selflessness. This all being said, there is definitively a gray area.

The left-handed path is growing in popularity due to religious and political dissent; populism. It is equivalent to Atheist-Satanism as preached by Anton LeVay and has spurned off into many subcategories but was mostly popularized over the internet with the rampant spread of free information. When the internet came into existence, authors and philosophers, once banned outright by the Vatican, were finally being heard by a grand audience. Friedrich Nietzsche is far more popular now than he has ever been previously, and yet because of the spread of free information, people take his thoughts in pieces, it is to be absorbant like a sponge as opposed to adapting every little detail as fact; which is exactly what Hitler did. Hitler took every little detail about everything Nietzsche said and believed it all to be fact, but personally I don't think even Nietzsche took himself that seriously, I don't think he would have anyone see his words like that. In his book, "The Antichrist", published solely to blast at Christianity, his opening words detail the sort of person he would have read his thoughts, "One who lives on the mountain tops" and "no time for petty squabbles", and when speaking further of his readers; "Politics are beneath him."

So, with all that said, one who walks the Left-Handed Path holds no faith in anyone stronger than his or herself. Sometimes people take that to the extreme and say, "I am a God", or, "I am THE God", but like I said, there is a lot of shades of gray and it is open to a lot of personal interpretation, but I feel that is exactly how it should be.

You shouldn't even take every word I say here as fact. Just because I am saying it doesn't mean it's true. Just because my words are well thought & I have good grammar, just because my words may pull at your curiosity, it is not my interpretation or wisdom that matters to any of you reading this. It is your own interpretation that spawns from mine that truly matters.

To take that one step further, I feel I would not have learned that wisdom by placing my faith in somebody who likely has no faith in me.

Some people who walk this path are evil. I am not one of them. Yet if I turned around and put my faith into a God, then what good would that do me? Would father's stop beating their wives? Would kids no longer be abused? Would demons no longer laugh at us from a distance while they torment us from afar? To ignore that is foolish, in my opinion, and I don't see that changing by spreading some love around.

I believe in Power. I believe in the power to forge my own destiny, and if any God should resist me, I believe in my will to destroy him. Perhaps that is a useless concept, some certainly think so and have gone out of their way to preach to me about it, but they are talking to a wall, and when things go south these people always look to their Left for answers, and we will always be there waiting for them to ask, just like you...

"My sword leans against the sky.
With it's polished blade I'll behead
The Buddha and all of his saints.
Let the lightning strike where it will."
-- Shumpo Soki, Zen Master

Your question about genes might be better answered by Merticus because he does a lot of research and information gathering about things like that. Be patient though because I'm sure he's a busy guy.

As for my seizures, yes they are the physical ones. It is something I was born with. I have them under control by smoking a lot of marijuana. I stopped taking the meds a very long time ago when my Mom took me off of them as a baby because they were dangerous. I go unconscious and my subconscious takes over, electricity and energy starts to swarm me and my body goes into convulsions. The only thing you can do is ride it out until it's over. Calling 911 does nothing and just gives me a nice fat medical bill for things I didn't need in the first place.

But like I said I have it totally under control. I don't know if I will ever get another Seizure because they are Idiopathic; the cause is unknown and like I said, I was born with it. If I didn't have this then I don't think my mind would work as quickly as it does. My mind never really slows down. It's not an OCD thing, it's just operating at 100% capacity all the time, even when I am sleeping... especially when I am sleeping because my subconscious takes over and my subconscious is much stronger than I am.

Hope I didn't talk your ear off.  Cheesy

Do you think that people who go the left path, might develop a stronger ego that might envelope other people's self because they haven't sort of got to that point yet?
The idea of having power, can you have a power but not have power OVER something/someone?

Do you think that since the right and left hand paths have grey areas, perhaps using the opposites left and right is problematic because things aren't as absolute as that?

I don't personally like nietsche's writings, some stuff is fair enough but i think there are people who have the same ideas but they're better developed, less muddled. And they are just theories. I like the stuff he says about perspectivism, i wonder when people read, do they know that, that theory applies to them. Because when hitler read nietsche, according to perspectivism, what he perceives, isn't necessarily true...i think if people consider whatever nietsche says is true then their kinda contradicting what he's saying about absolute truth. I need to further develop that criticism, i think. Do you kinda know what i'm getting at?

Quote from:  link=topic=967.msg5057#msg5057 date=1240935843
Welcome  to the AVA public forum version 2.0.

I am pointing out the version of this board for a reason, lol. And here's why, in the older version of this board (version 1.0), there was a complete section devoted to left hand path and right hand path discussion.

Here's the link, if you are interested  (Left hand path vs. Right hand path): http://www.atlantavampirealliance.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=27&sid=a1a53dde4dd28fdc012f3f6d0b570408

You  and Talus have an interesting discussion going on here. I have enjoyed reading it. Perhaps, you would consider creating another thread for this discussion, and copy + paste your questions and replies there as well? That way, others may be more likely to see the thread, and further your discussion by providing their own perspectives.

What do you think?

I don't know where the discussion would go, but I suppose a good folder to place it in would  be here: http://www.atlantavampirealliance.com/forum/index.php?board=14.0

I enjoy assisting others, so I hope you feel comfortable enough to email me any questions that you might have.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

Do you think that people who go the left path, might develop a stronger ego that might envelope other people's self because they haven't sort of got to that point yet?

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. There are many different interpretations and it varies from individual to individual. My reasons for walking this path are likely different than anybody else's reasons. People... think what they want to think. Like I said, it is all shades of gray. The Popes were murdering people long before Anton LeVay was ever considered a threat to the Vatican. Roman Emperors proclaimed themselves as Gods long before anyone ever had the intention of destroying them or anything else.

The idea of having power, can you have a power but not have power OVER something/someone?
Yes, of course. A parent has unimaginable power to protect their child, but no power OVER their child, this will only distance the child from the parent.

i think if people consider whatever nietsche says is true then their kinda contradicting what he's saying about absolute truth. I need to further develop that criticism, i think. Do you kinda know what i'm getting at?
Exactly. That's exactly what I am talking about. You have a good mind, my friend.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
ScottishAnarchist
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »

Thanks for answering my questions. It's very much appreciated, i apologise for not replying for ...a year? Have i been here that long?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: