AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:17:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Pain From Feeding (Panic Attack?) 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Pain From Feeding (Panic Attack?)  (Read 41452 times)
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »

How does one become 'attuned' to an elemental type?  Or is one naturally said to be attuned to one?  If so, is it a self-fulfilling prediction?  (IE, if one absorbs energy, does that make one automatically a 'fire' type regardless of other factors?)  I have to ask this, because the system I was trained in doesn't use 'elemental energies' as valid types, but none of the elemental systems I'm aware of actually match what you're quoting. 

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2011, 07:00:53 PM »

Not sure who you meant to direct that question to, but the few times I've been able to feed off nature, I did it the same way I do any other time. High wind gave me lots of energy but was short lived. It felt like the wind was blowing right through me when I'd opened myself to it. The couple times I was able to feed from a lightning storm I felt extremely charged up and had a very bad headache afterward. I haven't received any training. I learned by trial and error.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2011, 11:26:28 AM »

Just for clarification, all people absorb energy. Fire types are fire types because we are all but unable to store and create our own energy, like a fire. Air types are different in that any energy they absorb they can filter and purify, for lack of a better word, as well as make almost infinite amounts of their own. Earth types are very solid, they make very little of their own energy but they can store copious amounts. Water types are probably the most balanced. They make decent amounts of their own energy but it is constantly flowing in and out of them, as a river does. When they absorb energy it must be used or expelled, like a fire type, however, they can control how much energy they expend at one time, whereas a fire type must use or expel it all at once.

Baldur, guard me, that the blows of my enemies may ne'er find purchase gainst the shield of my faith in Asgard. Tyr, guide that my hand be steady and my blade strike true and swift at the enemies of the Allfather.
Fledgling
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 06:52:01 AM »

I am a fire type, and fire types constantly absorb energy.
My question is can I find a way to substitute energy for blood when I'm around air types, which give off infinite amounts of energy.

WTH? I've been studying astrology for some time now and have never heard of these attributions. I know non-vampiric fire signs and vampiric everything-else-signs, and also know air signs who are not vampiric but definitely have finite amounts of energy so I have no clue where you're getting this sort of thing.

I suppose you could be referring to something that is not western astrology, but if you are, you might want to specify, as "fire types" and "air types" are most commonly attributed to astrology.
[/quote]

Now this is my area Smiley   
These are not astrological signs or western, they are eastern and come from the martial arts, mostly Shanobi and are called Elemental Energies

Fire - Meaning forceful
Earth - Grounded and solid, unwavering
Air - Constant, directional slow or fast
Water - Flowing and tidal constant motion (ebbing and flowing or crashing)

Nightshade
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »

Yes I am curious to know how you know whether you are a fire sign, water sign, air sign or earth sign? I know I tend to burn energy fast and feel the need to feed everyday alothough people tell me they have gone months without feeding and I just dont see how they did it. I usaully have a teacher that comes and feeds me astrally because Ive never been taught how to feed properly. He would come and feed me every night at the same time or sometimes while we were talking on the phone. But its been over a week since I last talked to him and couldn't get ahold of him and the only thing I knew to do was drink blood, so i got a donor, a needle and took 100cc of blood. But I don't even know how to tell if it worked besides the irratibility went back down some but Ive started having really wierd dreams ever since I drank it. Still not being able to get in touch with him, i went and bought steaks tonight for some red meat, because thats what someone suggested, it was also suggested for more protein so eat spoonfuls of peanut butter everyday. I still feel very low on energy, although after i ate the meat which I don't normally take time to cook because Im a single mom I did get up and have some energy to do things. But I constantly everyday feel a need to feed and dont know why or what to do. I will gladly accept any suggestions here, Ive emailed people asking them to teach me how to feed off the elementals with no responses after seeing them posting about it on the discussion boards. One person did reply to a basic cry for help i sent out. I chatted with him on facebook that day but havent heard anything else. I need a teacher who is willing to talk over the phone, who has been around a while and will teach me properly. If this isn't a cry for help I don't know what is.

NightShade

NightShade
Facebook: You can find me under Brandi LaMere
Yahoo Messenger: Shorty0062000
ShadowMatt
Level 2 Contributor

Striga Custos

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »

Just going to throw my 2 cents in, Ive experienced something very similar to this. I never found out what it was, but it would occur when I stood up too fast every now and then about every week or 2. The doctors said it was probably low blood sugar for whatever reason.

Dont know if that helps, but...yah. Smiley

And so In life, we reflect In death.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »

Just going to throw my 2 cents in, Ive experienced something very similar to this. I never found out what it was, but it would occur when I stood up too fast every now and then about every week or 2. The doctors said it was probably low blood sugar for whatever reason.

Dont know if that helps, but...yah. Smiley

That, to me, sounds like a head rush from standing up too quickly. Happens to me sometimes. Head rushes are fairly common, however scary at times.

-----Damea

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Tensou Akebimaru
Level 4 Contributor

I like milkshakes.

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2013, 01:53:36 PM »

I see the issue here. My claim to being a fire type is being confused as a claim to being a fire sign astrologically. (I may be if that's what cancer is). In fact, I'm talking about something else entirely. My being a fire type means that my energy is explosive, consuming, and uncontrollable, like a fire. However, one's type is not unique to one's energy. A person's energy type will affect his or her personality or it may be born from his or her personality. I.e. I am a fire type, therefore I am passionate and volatile at times. Yes this is all vague, but what isn't in this type of discussion? What I am referring to comes from the Eastern philosophies; primarily the Shaolin.

Baldur, guard me, that the blows of my enemies may ne'er find purchase gainst the shield of my faith in Asgard. Tyr, guide that my hand be steady and my blade strike true and swift at the enemies of the Allfather.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: