AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:40:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Ghosts | Hauntings | Possession | Unexplained Phenomena (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  2008 Barbury Castle Pattern Is Pi To 3.14159265358 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2008 Barbury Castle Pattern Is Pi To 3.14159265358  (Read 4748 times)
Merticus
House AVA Founder
Administrator
Level 5 Contributor

« on: July 25, 2008, 06:00:03 PM »

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1434&category=Environment

2008 Barbury Castle Pattern is Pi to 3.14159265358

© 2008 by Linda Moulton Howe

“The fact that the Pi decimal point is included (in the 2008 Barbury Castle
barley pattern) and there is rounding up to 10 decimal places is to me a little mind boggling!”   – Michael Reed, Astrophysicist

FOR GRAPHICS PLEASE SEE WEB LINK AT TOP

Yellow graphic overlay created by Earthfiles viewer Steve McMath
based on Michael Reed interview and drawing below in this Earthfiles report.

Barbury Castle barley crop formation near Wroughton, Wiltshire, U. K.,
reported June 1, 2008, 300 feet in diameter. Aerial image © 2008 by Lucy Pringle.

June 8, 2008  Timberlake, North Carolina - On June 7, 2008, I received the following email from a man who retired 30 years ago from an astrophysics career and is now a semi-retired technology consultant for electronic and electro-optics industries, now living in Timberlake, North Carolina. Mike Reed, once worked at the University of Arizona in Tucson on the Multi-Mirror Telescope (MMT) at Mt. Hopkins, a joint venture with the Harvard Smithsonian Observatory. He had been studying the June 1, 2008, formation in barley at Barbury Castle.

Mr. Reed was studying aerial photographs at Earthfiles of an extraordinary crop formation at Barbury Castle in Wiltshire, England, reported June 1st. Here is his email:

Subject: Barbary Castle Pattern = First ten digits of Pi 3.141592654
    Date: June 5, 2008
    To: earthfiles@earthfiles.com

Hello Earthfiles,

On looking at the Barbary Castle pattern the ratio of the angles of the radial jumps is apparently the first ten (10) digits of the mathematical constant Pi ( the ratio of the of circumference of a circle to the diameter).

The dot after the first radial jump is even positioned correctly as the decimal point.

Take the pattern and draw radial lines from the center of the central depression through each radial jump. Take the smallest angle sector and call it one (1), then compare the other ten sectors contained angle to the smallest and pick the closest single digit for the ratio. They come out as 3.141592654.

Note that the last ratio digit has even been rounded up to four (4) since the value of Pi out to twelve digits is 3.14159265358 and the tenth digit would normally be rounded up to four (4) if the number was only given to ten (10) places.

The significance of the three decreasing diameter circles at the end may be trying to convey the the idea that the number goes on indefinitely.

I would be interested if there have been any other interpretations.

Cheers,

Mike Reed

Michael A. Reed, President
    Reed Development Associates Inc.
    Timberlake, NC

What Mike Reed calls radial jumps, some of us from long-time crop circle research call ratcheted spirals. The most prominent ratcheted spiral was in the 1991 Barbury Castle triangle, one of the best crop formations of all time.
Now, it’s seventeen years later back at Barbury Castle and here comes this new pattern in fresh young barley that provoked Mike Reed to make a graphic to show how Pi to ten decimal places was precisely indicated in the crop. I interviewed Mike Reed not only about his astonishing discovery, but asked him about the ratcheted spirals drawn in the complex diagrams of the 2007 CARET document from the Palo Alto Laboratory that was sent last year as a possible explanation of the aerial dragonfly drone phenomenon. That classified research was leaked by a retired scientist calling himself “Isaac.” CARET is an acronym that stands for Commercial Applications Research for Extraterrestrial Technology. Isaac said in the mid-1980s, he worked at the Palo Alto Laboratory on complex diagrams related to back-engineering extraterrestrial technology. Ratcheted spirals are in those diagrams – and in the 1991 and 2008 Barbury Castle crop formations.

Interview:

Michael A. Reed, President, Reed Development Associates, Inc., and former astrophysicist, University of Arizona, now retired in Timberlake, North Carolina:  “I was on your Earthfiles website and saw the Barbury Castle photograph and saw the reference to Lucy Pringle as being the one who took the photograph. So, I clicked on the Lucy Pringle website and there were more detailed photographs and more from a vertical shot so you could really see the pattern. Then, at the website of Cropcircleconnector.com, there was a clear diagram of the 2008 Barbury Castle pattern by Andreas Mueller, a German researcher with Cropcirclescience.org. (See websites below.)

In looking at the pattern, the thing that struck me was the little dot right near the beginning of the pattern right outside the central circle. I thought, ‘That’s an odd thing to do. Why? There must be some significance to that dot.

Center of June 1, 2008, Barbury Castle barley formation in which the small circle
at the beginning of the ratcheted spiral is the decimal point for the Pi number encoded
in this crop formation out to ten decimal places: 3.14159265358.
Aerial image © 2008 by Lucy Pringle.

I noticed that the first segment was longer that the second segment which was much shorter than the third segment. It just sort of popped into my mind, ‘3.14.’ I thought, ‘Wait a minute! I happen to remember Pi to six digits, which is 3.14159 because I use that all the time in calculations.

Then I noticed right where the next segment was, was a short segment again, which might be equivalent to 1. But Pi is 3.1415, so the next segment should be longer than the previous long segment – and it was. I thought, ‘Whoa! This is really beginning to sound like it matches to Pi.’

So, I took the photograph initially and started drawing lines through all the jumps in radii. Well, they start to line up. There are three of them right where the first dot is. If you draw a straight line through that first jump, it goes right through another jump further out and another jump on the opposite side.

Then I went back and started doing straight lines through the other jumps and I started trying to figure out the lengths of the other arcs before the jump – kind of proportional to the values that you would see in the digits of Pi.

Greek symbol for Pi,
meaning perimeter.

[ Editor’s Note:  Wikipedia - Pi (Greek word for perimeter) is a mathematical constant, which represents the ratio of any circle's circumference to its diameter in Euclidian geometry, which is the same as the ratio of a circle's area to the square of its radius. It is approximately equal to 3.14159, but Pi is an “irrational number” in which the decimal expansion never ends and does not repeat. For instance, carried out 50 decimal places Pi equals:
    3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510.

While the value of pi has been computed to more than a trillion digits, elementary applications, such as calculating the circumference of a circle, will rarely require more than a dozen decimal places. For example, a value truncated to 11 decimal places is accurate enough to calculate the circumference of the earth with a precision of a millimeter, and one truncated to 39 decimal places is sufficient to compute the circumference of any circle that fits in the observable universe to a precision comparable to the size of a hydrogen atom.

Pi is also a “transcendental number,” which means that no finite sequence of algebraic operations on powers, roots, sums could ever produce it.

Circumference = π × diameter

Area of the circle = π × area of the shaded square

10 “Ratchet Jumps” in 2008 Barbury Castle

reported June 1, 2008, 300 feet in diameter. Aerial image © 2008 by Lucy Pringle.

There are a total of 10 jumps (in 2008 Barbury Castle barley formation). So, I had to look up the value of Pi up to twelve digits, which is 3.14159265358. The ratchet jumps and Pi numbers looked like they began to match, so I sent you a message at Earthfiles to say I thought there was something here.

Then I went back and took the diagram from Andreas Mueller (CropcircleScience.org) and I drew lines through all of the jumps, all the way out past the end of the crop pattern. Then I started looking at the arcs in the jumps. The first segment equals three of those sections.

Diagram of 2008 Barbury Castle formation © 2008 by Andreas Mueller.

What happened was that when I divided the formation up into ten of the jump sections, you get four lines cutting through the circle. So, there is only one line missing. So, I drew a line equi-distant from the other lines. In other words, I divided the circle up into a total of 10 sectors. Therefore, each sector is 36 degrees (360 degrees = circle).

Michael Reed:  “This is an update to my previous email earlier today.
I have drawn the sequence of arcs that indicate the value of Pi on a diagram prepared
by Andreas Muller. It is attached as a PDF file. It clearly shows the progression of digits, which
make up the first ten (10) digits of the value of Pi. I wonder if any of the previous patterns, which
use the same method of communication have been analyzed using the same approach?”
Spiral ratchet analysis that determines Pi to ten decimals © 2008 by Michael Reed.

You look at the first sector and it’s three sectors long.
Then there is a decimal point with that little circle.
The next segment is one sector long.
Then the next segment is four sectors long.
The next segment is one sector long.
The next segment is 5 sectors long. At that point, it was amazing
and I just started following them out. That’s when I made up this diagram to send you.

It’s clear as a bell that the crop pattern traces out basically as the first 10 digits of Pi, including the decimal point.

The other interesting part was that if Pi carried out 12 numbers is:  3.141592653. Three is the tenth digit. If you’re going to publish that long number version of Pi, normally you would round it up, taking into account what the next digit was. The next digit in Pi is 5, so rounding would normally increase the last digit by one. The Mueller diagram shows that the 3 has been rounded up in the ratchet pattern to four, which I thought was very interesting.

But certainly the ratchet design as a way of communicating – for example, you could have taken the circle and divided it up into 50 segments. As a way of communicating numbers, the ratchet design is a pretty powerful method.

This crop pattern happens to be very simple and very obvious in what the circle makers have done. But if that were more tightly packed and had more equivalent segments in it, you could pack a lot of information into that.

Comparing Spiral Ratchet in
2008 Barbury Castle to 1991 Barbury Castle

July 17, 1991, Barbury Castle, 300-foot-diameter in wheat. Spiral ratchet in foreground.
Several people reported seeing mysterious lights over the field the night before.
Photograph © 1991 by George Wingfield.

DID YOU COMPARE THE 2008 BARBURY CASTLE TO THE 1991 BARBURY CASTLE THAT ALSO HAS A RATCHET DESIGN AS ONE OF ITS APPENDAGES OFF THE TRIANGLE?

Yes, I noticed that the ratchets in the 1991 Barbury Castle were all 90-degree angles. The ratchets divided that circle into four segments and each segment is of equal arc length – not of equal radius. Very little information in that design, whereas the current 2008 Barbury Castle pattern is quite informative in that it has clearly coded the first 10 digits of Pi.

The interesting thing about this one (2008 Barbury Castle) is there is NO possibility of misinterpreting this.  This is Pi to 10 digits, period.

WHY WOULD SOMEBODY DO THIS?

Good question. The fact that the Pi decimal point is included (in the 2008 Barbury Castle barley pattern) and there is rounding up to 10 decimal places is to me a little mind boggling!

Three Circles Descending in Size

The three circles in 2008 Barbury is a very simple relationship, but the whole pattern seems to have been done to be very clear about a simple communication mode in getting the point across that humans have a decimal arithmetic system and this clearly indicates whoever made the pattern understands that and those three circles might simply be a way of telling us they also understand the concept of multiplying simple numbers.

AS RATIOS IN AREAS OF CIRCLES.

Exactly.

Ratio of Area of 3 circle calculations by Michael Reed:

Big circle to middle circle = 2:1

Middle Circle to Smaller circle = 3:1

Smaller circle to larger circle  = 6:1

Ratchet Pattern Also in CARET Document
About Back-Engineering Extraterrestrial Technology
At Palo Alto, California Lab in 1980s

“I’ve looked at the CARET documents and the things are so complex,
they are a little mind boggling!” - Michael Reed

Above and below: Ratchet pattern to Palo Alto CARET (Commercial Applications Research
for Extraterrestrial Technology) Q4-86 Research Report, Laboratory Linguistic
Analysis Primer, Figure 14.15, Page 123.

THE RATCHET DESIGN HAS COME UP IN THE CARAT DOCUMENT BY ISAAC, BASED ON HIS WORK AS A SCIENTIST AT THE PALO ALTO LABORATORY IN WHICH THE DOCUMENT TITLE IS ABOUT BACK-ENGINEERING EXTRATERRESTRIAL TECHNOLOGY THAT RELATES TO INVISIBILITY AND PROJECTING 3-DIMENSIONAL HOLOGRMS, IS THERE ANYTHING IN THAT CONCEPT THAT ISAAC HAS DEFINED AS A TECHNOLOGY IN WHICH PATTERNS THEMSELVES IF DESIGNED PRECISELY CAN BECOME THEIR OWN SELF-FUNCTIONING SOFTWARE WITHOUT HARDWARE?

Certainly CARET is using the same 90-degree segments as in the 1991 Barbury Castle formation. The difference in the CARET document has different thickness in the arcs, where there are jumps in radius. And the CARET arcs are a different thickness in 90-degree sectors.

PERHAPS SUGGESTING MORE MATHEMATICAL INFORMATION EMBEDDED IN THE CARET DOCUMENT DIAGRAMS?

Certainly, you could code. There is definitely more information in the varying arc thicknesses than just jumping radius segments. I’ve looked at the CARET documents and the things are so complex, they are a little mind boggling! But certainly there is the similarity of using jumps in radius on an increasing diameter spiral to perhaps communicate information.

COULD CROP FORMATIONS AROUND THE WORLD FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS BE SOME SORT OF SELF-ACTIVATING SOFTWARE?

The concept of self-activating software compared to what we’re used to is a totally advanced concept. I don’t feel comfortable commenting because I have no expertise in such a concept. It’s way beyond where we are at this point.

WHAT INTELLIGENCE WOULD BE TRYING TO IMPLANT SELF-ACTIVATING SOFTWARE IN THE CEREAL CROPS OF THIS PLANET AND TO WHAT END?

The whole concept of self-activating software in a graphic form is certainly an unusual concept.

BUT YOU ARE PROVOKED BY THE DISCOVERY IN A 2008 BARLEY FORMATION AT BARBURY CASTLE THAT YOU HAVE FOUND A GRAPHIC WAY OF DEPICTING PI?

Yes. And it’s not a close approximation. It’s absolute. It’s very, very clear when you look at the drawing of the sectors that these are digits. These are individual digits with very little error possibility, so the number that comes out are the first ten digits of Pi.

WOULD IT BE FAIR TO SAY THAT SOME INTELLIGENCE MIGHT BE TRYING TO GIVE US A ROSETTA STONE FOR A MATHEMATICAL LANGUAGE THAT HAS BEEN ENCODED IN CROP FORMATIONS OVER THE PAST QUARTER CENTURY?

If the idea of using the ratcheted spiral radius changes has in fact had previous such information in other crop formations and those have never been interpreted, this 2008 Barbury Castle pattern is so essentially simple that it’s probably time to go back and ask, ‘Is there some other way of interpreting previous crop formations?’ The ratchet design is certainly an interesting way to communicate information, which is certainly clear in this 2008 Barbury formation.

THE RATCHET DESIGN WHICH CAME UP IN BARBURY 1991 AND BARBURY 2008 AND IN THE CARET DOCUMENT, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME RATCHET DESIGN.

Yes, the CARET document is identical to the 1991, other than the fact that the radial arcs in Barbury 1991 are not thicker and thinner as in the CARET document. The use of smaller sectors in angle to communicate a base 10 number set is what is really unique to the current Barbury Castle pattern.

The complexity of the CARET document is so high that it’s very hard to relate – there are so many other symbols relative to the ratchet spiral that there is an awful lot more information there. What it means - who knows?

I think I just happen to be the guy thinking about the number ratios because I happen to use the value of Pi a lot in my electronic calculations. So, I have it memorized and as you look at those sectors, it started to ring a bell and got me going on the analysis. It’s going to be an interesting summer for sure!”

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: