AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:04:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  FoodStuffs That May Effect Blood's Taste 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: FoodStuffs That May Effect Blood's Taste  (Read 20577 times)
Giselle
« on: February 19, 2009, 12:21:50 PM »

There is always the topic, in our communtiy, about things that do or do not effect the taste of blood. Here is somethings I have put together from reading articles.They may help but then again, they may not.

Alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, garlic, onions, broccoli, and cauliflower are believed to make blood tatse bitter or pudgent. Being dehydrated, pigging out on spicy foods or taking medication, contribute to an uninviting flavor. Milk products can make a foul taste because of high bacterial putrefaction levels.

To sweeten up drink plenty of pineapple juice, eat bananas, chocolate and papaya. Fruits like kiwi, watermelon, celery, and pineapple may make blood taste lighter. Alkaline-based foods like meat and fish produce a buttery taste, while acidic fruits (cranberries, blueberries and plums) produce a pleasant, sugary flavor as some wines do.

What To Eat/Drink: (these can make the blood sweet)
Chocolate
Plums
Oranges
Lemons
Limes
Cilantro
Spearmint
Grapefruit
Green tea
Beer
Pineapple
Mangoes
Chamomile tea

What To Avoid: (these can leave a bitter taste after feeding)
Broccoli
Brussels Sprouts
Spices
Coffee
Cigarettes
Asparagus
Chemically processed liquor
Onions
Garlic

So this is my (ummm shall we say) tips for a donor's blood to taste better. Not saying it will work for everyone. Sometimes a donor's blood is just not compatible to one vamp but can be nectar to another.
Mala Suerte
Level 1 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 02:37:51 AM »

is there any reason why blood would taste like the herb sage???
Giselle
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 01:17:28 PM »

The only thing I can think of is if your donor eats alot of it. It could also be the way your taste buds are. For an example: I like they way prunes taste always have. They taste very very sweet to me. Now raisins I hate, they taste like metal to me. One would think that I would like both.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »

???My blood tastes really bad....and for me to say that it must be TERRIBLE. Maybe its the gallon or so of milk i drink a day...I'm addicted to mainly milk. Coffee too, But mostly milk. I can't drink soda bc it kills my mouth, throat, and stomach. Only juice, water, adn milk for me...though i prefer milk most of the time. just tastes too good to me. I've been seriously addicted since i was a little. And if i didn't get at least a few cups of milk a day--even now--I feel weak and beyond angry at the world, like i need it to live. It's very strange now i think on it...

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: