AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:20:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Vampires & Vampirism  |  Donor & Hunger Support (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Not Enough To Satisfy? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Not Enough To Satisfy?  (Read 9427 times)
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:52 AM »

Ok. I'd like to take this opportunity to ask a few questions that have been bugging me and my donor for a while now. Well, my current donor happens to be a close friend who wants to help me, but I'm sorta new to this so I need an experienced vampire or donor's advice on this one. Anyways, my donor has a certain fear of a lot of pain at once and razors, but is ok with needles and syringes...but I'm not so hot on the needles. Well, being as she fears pain, I felt I had to show her that razors don't truly hurt that much and so I cut myself deeply. She got a little confident after that and made an attempt and I held her hand through it. She was still fearful and wasn't able to cutdeep enough to provide enough blood to even partially satisfy my hunger. The reason behind the fact that I didn't do it to her is # 1:I don't trust myself not to accidentaly hurt her and # 2:she doesn't fully trust me with it yet...so we thought it best if she cut herself. Well, afterwords, she felt sorry for not being able to do nothing more than just merely taunt me with the sweet taste, but I comforted her saying she did her best and it's the thought that she cares enough to try that counts. She said that maybe she will get used to pain in time and be able to help me out more, but the few drops I drank made me feel a bit dizzy with both hunger and lightheadedness. I love my donor and don't want to hurt or push her so if anyone could provide appropriate suggestions on what to do, that'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

And thus dearest Luna hath risen red...
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:04:30 AM »

I'm not a experianced sang, but my take is that you did well....you achieved a large success given limited perimeters....shes taken the first step in being conditioned against her fear of pain and blades, and apparently trusts you alot more than you think.....because she allowed you to be holding the blade while she did it...which means that she trusts you not to rush her or gouge her flesh like her fears would project you to......lets see what our experts on the matter say about it tho...

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »

I am a bit the same way as your donor.  Well, to be honest, I am a crap donor to begin with.. it goes against my nature on multiple levels.  Still on occasion I will work with Esh to allow her to feed.  Its me with the scalpel (we let her do it the first time.. um.. not again lol).  I cant do very much for her.. but it can be enough to make a connection.

Its not the quantity of the blood that matters, despite the logical assumption that it would be.  The blood is a conduit after all  (realistically, there isnt enough matter in a bit of blood to really effect you physically anyway unless you are drinking a pint).  Use what you are being offered, and make the connection you need.  It wont necissarily totally satisfy the physical response, but you should be able to pull the energy you need.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
lilith_angelle
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:33:12 PM »

just keep at it, its a little step each time, just keep encouraging her and keep suporting her. the pain will soon be nulified and she wont think twice bout cutting herself to donate. (hopefully not with no one around) just remind her that it is all a mental boundry and she is doing fabulously well. also even if she cant cut deep enough a little x is usually sufficient as its 2 cuts and deeper in the middle of the cross.
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 08:21:27 PM »

That does sound helpful. Thanks for the support. I was beginning to think she wasn't right for donating just yet, but she still insists. Every now and then she gives me a look that tells me she really wants to help. She's a good friend, so I nearly always can predict what she's thinking before she says it.

XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »

Things are going a little bit better, but my donor is still very cautious, though i dont blame her at all, and still cant draw enough blood to do away with my hunger. Well, i suppose it takes time. I'm patient. It's a really good thing were close bc I become so sick after I try to feed from her. I think it could be because I'm simply not getting enough, but I'm not sure. It makes me ill and usually intensifies my hunger. Anybody have reasons why?

Nocturne
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »

I may not be the norm (as if there is one), but for me it doesn't take much at all.  A trickle is enough, it probably amounts to a tablespoon on average.

The light which burns twice as bright, burns half as long...therefore we who live in darkness...live forever?
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:23 PM »

Judging from your other posts, I'd recommend using a lancet instead of a blade. You should be able to get enough from that and if you don't you need to learn will power (Chances are: anything more than a thimble-full is excessive). And the tool should feel more "humane" (for lack of a better word) to both you and your donor. This should also ease some of your anxiety.

At the same time, I would discuss anxiety and panic attacks with your doctor. From your other post (http://www.atlantavampirealliance.com/forum/index.php?topic=1606.0) you seem to have the symptoms.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
XXXDameaXxXD
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 03:17:27 AM »

I had a severe panic attack not too long ago that to this day affects me somehow. I've felt random pains in my chest area, but mainly just under the left rib cage, since the attack. I've been attempting to see a doctor on the issue, but i haven't had the time nor the money. As soon as I get the opportunity, I will definitely get this checked. I know of how serious this could be. I appreciate your help and concern. Thanks!
                                                        ------Damea

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: