AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 12:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Therianthropy & Otherkin  |  Mixed | Hybrid | Shifter | Other (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Is It Possible? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Is It Possible?  (Read 32122 times)
childofthespiral
Level 4 Contributor

Twitter.com/wolfeloin

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a totem animal a spiritual guide that is especially close to one in spirit? If so, then certainly people can have more than one totem animal, and different ones at different stages in life. And I can see where a person's mind would 'link up' with the mind of that particular totem animal for short periods in order to offer the person guidance... but that's not the same as the M-shift into a specific animal. To me, the actual mental shift would happen because said person was either a particular animal at the soul (your soul is only one thing) and/ or the soul would have lived other lives in other animal bodies, and still possess soul memory of such. My soul is wolf. My body is human, and I have a vampiric condition for a multitude of possible reasons including physical health issues. One of my totem animals as a child was definitely cats, and probably still is. One of my totem animals now is the rat, and I love rats so that's a big bonus. That doesn't mean I can make a mental shift into a cat or a rat though.
I don't believe I've lived any other lives except as human and my true self, but say I'd been a cat before, or a horse. My soul would remember that even if I didn't, and if I did then I could, with effort, call up those memories and that mindset of being a cat, or being a horse, and make a mental shift for a while. Ultimately though, my soul would bring me back to human because that's my current life experience and while remembering the past can certainly be helpful, there's a reason it's called the past and not called the present.

After a long and painful absence, I am finding my way once more back to the arms of Goddess.
darkwitch
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »

I think the world is like a bad dream.  It just cant be really happening like on the tv news.  I dont think it matters if a person can alter ones self into another form.  You cant alter the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: