AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:41:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Dreams & Visions (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Sleep Problems / Lack Of Dreams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sleep Problems / Lack Of Dreams  (Read 9785 times)
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« on: September 10, 2008, 04:30:53 AM »

4:30 am and I have nothing to do. I don't sleep very often and when I do I just experience extended periods of darkness. no dreams. anyone else have this problem?
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 09:05:04 AM »

I think we all have sleeping issues I usually read books or play video games reading works best for me its relaxing or even taking a walk even in the middle of the night I enjoy that the most the fresh air is good

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Stellar
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »

4:30 am and I have nothing to do. I don't sleep very often and when I do I just experience extended periods of darkness. no dreams. anyone else have this problem?

Raises hand* That pretty much describes my sleep experience. I have very few dreams that I can recall having. I'm not sure that it's correct to say that we don't dream, but this perception is something that we share in common. I'll post more when i am able.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 11:13:51 AM »

Its very annoying. one thing I do enjoy thought is no matter what time I am supposed to be up for like work and stuff I never need an alarm clock. I just seem to open my eyes at the right time. which is very convenient.
Maloryn
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »

I rarely have issues sleeping (may have something to do with the blood-alcohol ratio in my circulatory system, but that's another story), but I almost never remember my dreams unless something wakes me suddenly.

---Mal
Etheros Twilight
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »

generally i have nothing but darkness in my sleep...only rarely do i remember any processes that go on in my skull when im passed out.

semper praecidium nox quod vitae noctum est omnes nosferatem vitae
MaxDarknessOfNight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:00:55 PM »

I rarely have issues sleeping (may have something to do with the blood-alcohol ratio in my circulatory system, but that's another story), but I almost never remember my dreams unless something wakes me suddenly.

---Mal

Well for me that is sort of the opposite. I remember some of my dreams. Not all mind you but some. And when suddenly woken the memories seem to have been erased as if they were never there and I Knew I had dreamed something just what I couldn't tell you. That happened to me this morning.

You Need Death In Order To Live. Deal with it.
Echo
Level 2 Contributor

Et in Arcadia ego

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »

Its very annoying. one thing I do enjoy thought is no matter what time I am supposed to be up for like work and stuff I never need an alarm clock. I just seem to open my eyes at the right time. which is very convenient.
I do that too! About 1 min before my alarm rings I wake up... I don't even know why I set the thing lol
And I also remember bits and peices of my dreams. Though if I think about it too hard I start forgetting it all... I also have reoccuring dreams. And I know (in my dream) that i've dreamed it before and I try to change the ending. I normally get to the part where I woke up last time and (again) wake up... Sad
Its very frustrating!

Might is right, and justice is the interest of the stronger.
MaxDarknessOfNight
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 07:17:29 PM »

I do that too! About 1 min before my alarm rings I wake up... I don't even know why I set the thing lol
And I also remember bits and peices of my dreams. Though if I think about it too hard I start forgetting it all... I also have reoccuring dreams. And I know (in my dream) that i've dreamed it before and I try to change the ending. I normally get to the part where I woke up last time and (again) wake up... Sad
Its very frustrating!
I too have reoccuring dreams and I am also able to change things in the dreams. But sadly even though I can change things I cannot always change what happens in the end.

You Need Death In Order To Live. Deal with it.
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 06:45:44 PM »

I used to have the ability to wake up easily also. Not needing an alarm clock, but as of late even with one its as if I just cannot wake up unless something disturbs me beyond the alarm clock. As for dreams I have the same darkness as most of you seem to suffer yet there are times where I catch glimpses of things though I barely ever write them down. Its sort of like a form of stasis for me where I am just there only not fully conscious. I rarely if ever feel fully rested be it less sleep or more and it seems that the dreams I do have that I remember tend to be forms of "dream-walking". I cant call astral travel during unconsciousness fully astral travel as you do not consciously dictate where you wish to travel.

I have one recollection where I had dreamed of travelling down a path that I could not see. I was following a monarch butterfly of all things and ended up through what felt like a waterfall as I could not see it. I knew if I strayed off the path I would fall into some weird abyss(the thought I had during the dream). Coming into the cave(?) I found three pools of which actually gave light to the cave itself. It was guarded by two beings which I dont exactly recall what I called them. It was odd to say the least.

But yeah most of my nights are spent in darkness till I awake.

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: