AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  Dreams & Visions (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  New To Dreaming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New To Dreaming  (Read 9851 times)
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« on: October 23, 2008, 12:03:20 AM »

I have recently started having dreams. This is a new experience for me, so I'm looking for a little bit of info about them.

Is it normal for them to all be in color and to seem to last not for a few hours but days and sometimes weeks at a time?
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:48 AM »

You say days or sometimes weeks? Is that real time or dream time? Like your dream takes place in one night, but in dream time it happens over the course of days or weeks. Or is it a continuous dream? Where the current night's dream picks up where the last night's dream left off? Quite interesting.

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:42:37 PM »

A one night dream that in the dream feels like days or weeks.
AyraGrace
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:51:03 PM »

I think that is actually cool. I always hate it when I wake up, and the dream is not finished. It's like a good book that you don't know the ending to. I do think that is extraordinary. Usually dreams are short. Thanks for sharing.

I maybe on the side of angels...but don"t think for one second i am one of them.
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 11:41:04 PM »

The pleasure was mine. So it isn't like this for others. That is all i needed to know. Thanks.
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 07:49:14 PM »

I have recently started having dreams. This is a new experience for me, so I'm looking for a little bit of info about them.

Is it normal for them to all be in color and to seem to last not for a few hours but days and sometimes weeks at a time?

To give you another perspective on dreaming:
My dreams have always been in color. Usually in first person. Sometimes omniscient / third person POV. And their "dreamtime" timeframes vary dramatically. Sometimes they seem to only last minutes. Other times they seem to stretch for weeks.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
amber mallis
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »

When I was younger (maybe five, six, or seven years-old, around those ages), I had a dream that kept leaving off of where I left off of the same dream from the night before, and usually it's always where I am a character, like in a story from a book; back back then, I never read books until I turned twelve, so dreaming up things like long, lasting novels from an narrator's point-of-view, was pretty strange, especially when it lasted for a full year. Maybe not "every" day was the same dream, but eventually I dreamed off of where I left off of, like as in an example, I am at a farm and there is a meadow near by, I would walk to the meadow, wake up, the next night I will dream that I am back at the meadow that is near that same farm, RIGHT where I left off! The strange thing is, I always forget where I left off of until I am there in the dream, then I remember where I was all back over again, and I believe it lasted for actually over a year... (I remember feeling uncomfortable and not wanting to sleep all of that one unnerving year, and always trying to "scare" myself from sleeping in all so that I will not dream that I am back where I was in the dream from the night before; it's like another life, and it stunk very badly for me.)
So, I can understand where you are coming from. It doesn't really matter if it's "normal" or not, because I did it for over a year, and always it was from a "narrator's" point-of-view. (Now, for me, everything is  a seen either from a book, but especially I see my dreams as a movie-since I work at a video store now. Ugh, wait until you have an "epic" dream [that may what you are having now, where it continues forever], where you dream that you are a "Hobbit" from The Lord Of The Rings, then you can ask if that's "normal." Lol.)
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 01:29:46 AM »

i was talking about it seeming like days or weeks all in one night. and they almost never pick up where they leave off. sometimes its the same dream with slight changes. I dont mind it. its better than pure darkness all night and I am growing quite fond of it.
holyk
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 09:07:24 PM »

I always dream in full color, and excruciating details. Sometimes the dreams last about 6 hours, sometimes they last 2-3 days. So I'd call it normal. (then again, the detail of my dreams isn't normal, but I say that's because of the immensity of my imagination)
Moxxxie
Level 2 Contributor

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 02:16:48 PM »

I love to dream.  To dream in color is rare.  Did you know that?  Dreams normally last for only 5 to 20 minutes but they can make you feel like they've gone on for hours.  It's amazing how fast your brain can process data whether you are asleep or awake.

Have you ever dreamt of flying?  I did a lot as a teen but not as much now.  Another question;  have you ever had your dreams analyzed?   It's very interesting.  I used to analyze my friends dreams as a hobby.

Let me know what your dream is about and I analyze what it means in step with your life.  It will be fun to see if I'm correct.   

**Moxie**
Gamael
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »

I have taking psychology classes and such and I analyze my own dreams and I remember my dreams down to the shadows eye colors clothes little things like if there was a door bell or not and little things like how the carpet in a room was settled and how many ceiling tiles there were or if there even were any tiles. I have never been flying in my dreams.
Echo
Level 2 Contributor

Et in Arcadia ego

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »

I have reoccuring dreams... In the dream I know that i had done thins before and try to change the outcome, but I keep waking up at the same point...

Might is right, and justice is the interest of the stronger.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: