AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:00:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  I Don't Know What This Is But... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I Don't Know What This Is But...  (Read 9327 times)
LadyOfPales
Level 4 Contributor

ITS A SPY

« on: June 29, 2010, 03:22:50 PM »

As long as I remember I have had this weird thing going on. I see something in my head, a breif thought about something /and I really mean breif/ and within two or three days later /never more than three or so/ I see it with my eyes. Usually still images or things that just happen to pop up in my head. I just took these as they came, no matter how annoying it got and is, always planning on writing it down, but the thought is so breif it easily slips my mind and I only remember when I see it again. Not too long ago, I almost got to actually saying what it was that was so brief- but I didnt. I just didnt. mainly because I didnt feel like it. Then last friday I had a thought in my head while out shopping. This was about a thing I used to have when I was seven that I didnt even think about until that very moment, then saturday night I actually saw it at the store. Then something of a different taste came to me. I was at the pool, and as I was staring in my bag I had a mental moment. I thought back to the time I got liquid all over my DS. Didnt think anything of it, and jumped in the pool. My BF jumps in after me, then starts scratching at his pocket because he jumped in with his phone. I'm not sure what this all means and I dont like the thought of saying it but...

Is this some serious precognition shit /some slight form of it?/, or am I just a bum who keeps getting caught up with coincidence..?

>:|
The Sentinel
Level 4 Contributor

The Thread Zombie

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 04:30:16 PM »

I'm not sure what you're describing, to be honest. You mean you imagine something in your head and then you hallucinate that it's there? Or are you saying that you are getting inklings of things before they happen? You aren't really making much sense the way you posted. Maybe it's just your grammar but I really don't understand any of that at all. I'd be happy to assist if I could make sense of what you're asking.

A little learning is a dangerous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring.
-- Alexander Pope, Unknown , 1688-1744

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Heinlein's Razor
Soulshroude
Level 4 Contributor

A whisper in the wind, heard in the dead of night

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 04:45:47 AM »

I know exactly what she is posting about and describing.  Having a momentary thought about something, but even as that thought becomes irrelavent, it ... either by happenstance or coincidence, it happens a brief time after the thought occured.  This is precognition.  It happens to me on a constant basis, most of the time I ignore it unless something is going to go seriously wrong.  Last time it happened was last week.  I thought about someone dropping their cell phone, but before I could tell them not to take it out of their pocket, the phone rang.  It slipped out of their hands while they answered it and I, by instinct and apparently knew it was going to drop, caught it right before it touched the ground.  Now, normally I don't even bother doing that but it was a good friend of mine.  I would hate to have had them buy a new phone that they could not afford.  Other times, I blatantly tell someone to have their friend call back later, then the phone rings not 10 seconds later.  They look at me with that suprised look, and ask me how I knew.  "Knew what?" was my answer.  I was not aware that I told them anything regarding a phone call.  The answer must have been on the subconscious level.  My mind was elsewhere.  Yeah, happens.

"Those of whom hath commited a fault, shall be given the chance to redeem themselves." ~Faust~

"To labor under a dilusion of grandeur will, as time allows.. corrupt." ~Soulshroude~
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 01:46:59 PM »

I know exactly what she is posting about and describing.  Having a momentary thought about something, but even as that thought becomes irrelavent, it ... either by happenstance or coincidence, it happens a brief time after the thought occured.  This is precognition.  It happens to me on a constant basis, most of the time I ignore it unless something is going to go seriously wrong.  Last time it happened was last week.  I thought about someone dropping their cell phone, but before I could tell them not to take it out of their pocket, the phone rang.  It slipped out of their hands while they answered it and I, by instinct and apparently knew it was going to drop, caught it right before it touched the ground.  Now, normally I don't even bother doing that but it was a good friend of mine.  I would hate to have had them buy a new phone that they could not afford.  Other times, I blatantly tell someone to have their friend call back later, then the phone rings not 10 seconds later.  They look at me with that suprised look, and ask me how I knew.  "Knew what?" was my answer.  I was not aware that I told them anything regarding a phone call.  The answer must have been on the subconscious level.  My mind was elsewhere.  Yeah, happens.

Have to agree with the premise.  Just a bit of non linear perception going on.  Our  minds may or may not be able to make much use of it.

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »

As long as I remember I have had this weird thing going on. I see something in my head, a breif thought about something /and I really mean breif/ and within two or three days later /never more than three or so/ I see it with my eyes. Usually still images or things that just happen to pop up in my head. I just took these as they came, no matter how annoying it got and is, always planning on writing it down, but the thought is so breif it easily slips my mind and I only remember when I see it again. Not too long ago, I almost got to actually saying what it was that was so brief- but I didnt. I just didnt. mainly because I didnt feel like it. Then last friday I had a thought in my head while out shopping. This was about a thing I used to have when I was seven that I didnt even think about until that very moment, then saturday night I actually saw it at the store. Then something of a different taste came to me. I was at the pool, and as I was staring in my bag I had a mental moment. I thought back to the time I got liquid all over my DS. Didnt think anything of it, and jumped in the pool. My BF jumps in after me, then starts scratching at his pocket because he jumped in with his phone. I'm not sure what this all means and I dont like the thought of saying it but...

Is this some serious precognition shit /some slight form of it?/, or am I just a bum who keeps getting caught up with coincidence..?

If I'm understanding you right, you're experiences sound like usual examples of "synchronicity". If unfamiliar with the term, do a little reading and see if it sounds relavent. A simple explanation of the concept is when events, unlikely to occur together by chance, happen in a grouping which may trigger deeper meaning.

Its an idea I've heard used by a varied spectrum of people. Personally I've had similar experiences which have linked events such as deja vue, dreams, things I've read, movies I've seen, smells, and tastes - just to name a few. I like to think "synchronicity" is just the cosmos letting me know I'm on the right path.

Hope this helps.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
House AVA Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Nadia115
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 10:29:30 AM »

I think it could be what Soul Splat is speaking about or precognition. Read up on both and see if either is more relevant than the other. Either way I would not worry about it being something bad. I personally have precognition and just think of it as an early warning system. Either way, if you ever go to use it to warn someone about something, you can play it off as just a gut feeling about something if you are worried about how others may view you. The only thing I have found bothersome and sometimes causes problems is when I am able to see or hear what someone is thinking and without thinking make a comment about it. There is no covering that up...but that is a different ability than what you are speaking about. What you are talking about can be helpful and done in a way no one else has to know.
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 06:36:52 PM »

There are even some who feel that following synchronicities is a form of precognition.

If you've found this site helpful, consider using the donate button to reciprocate the effort.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Nadia115
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »

I have not studied as much about that Soulsplat, but from what I do know...I can see that.
LadyOfPales
Level 4 Contributor

ITS A SPY

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »

Well, as much as I am inclined to just call it coincidence and move on with my night to night life, there feels to be some kind of.... something that I could do with it.
Like, ok....

WHAT CAN I DO TO HARNESS MY SUPER POWERS?

cause that would be rad, yo. :D
It reminds me that I should probably rely on my impulses more often, because sometimes the flashes are right before something that I should/am about to do.
And because I didn't go with what I saw in my head, I get bummed.
cause I knew it was right T_T

>:|
Nadia115
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »

Unless it is something dangerous or wrong, try it and see how it goes. As far as harnessing them, I am not sure. This is just something I have done for as long as I can remember.
SoulSplat
House AVA Founder
House AVA Member
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:26:27 AM »

I've been paying attention to the "synchronicities" for years. I enjoy watching them and take comfort in knowing they are there. To date I've never read an effective book on the topic. By effective, I mean, by the book's end I'm allowed to use what I see to predict the future.

So far I've found no seminar which unlocks "magical powers".

The best 2 forms of advice I can give you is:
1) Be patient 
Don't set any deadlines for yourself concerning this.

2) Know thyself
Pay attention to how certain things make you feel (inside and out). Know how you feel when your healthy. As well as how you feel when you're not eating right. Meditation seems to help me with this.

That's where I am in this journey. Hope it helps.

--SoulSplat
Forum Moderator
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: