AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:40:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  Something "Hacking" My Shield 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Something "Hacking" My Shield  (Read 11419 times)
arethia
Level 2 Contributor

« on: April 17, 2009, 12:20:06 AM »

Random question-totally off topic-it's about "shielding," but I have no idea where to place this question, but the question fits "shielding"-I have something supernatural trying to hack through my shield. I am a psi-vampire. I do notice the difference between someone else taking engery and something supernatural doing so so openly; I am noticing, right now, and it's happening before to a friend of mine too, the difference between something "human" or "being" hacking into my mind, comparing to something totally different (such as spirit, Demon, etc.). So, I got a few really good (and these answers may help out my friend and/or I very much for the future) from these events.

First question for shielding effectiveness: Is it true that if someone (or something) is hacking really good at your shield-where it shows an effect, that you can get major headaches, migraines, even where you cannot see clearly (start seeing black spots, dots of blackness, etc.)? My second question is: How or what exactly is someone supposed to do when this happens again, where someone is in deep serious pain, even when blocking off someone (or something, meaning something that isn't even solid in any form) with a strong enough shield? Does this mean that it's not a strong enough shield or is it the fact that that someone (something) is strong enough to make an effect, even while blocking with a shield?
WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:13:10 PM »

First question for shielding effectiveness: Is it true that if someone (or something) is hacking really good at your shield-where it shows an effect, that you can get major headaches, migraines, even where you cannot see clearly (start seeing black spots, dots of blackness, etc.)? My second question is: How or what exactly is someone supposed to do when this happens again, where someone is in deep serious pain, even when blocking off someone (or something, meaning something that isn't even solid in any form) with a strong enough shield? Does this mean that it's not a strong enough shield or is it the fact that that someone (something) is strong enough to make an effect, even while blocking with a shield?

Major headaches/migraines from an attack usually indicate that your shields have been breached.  If they were working, you wouldn't get a headache like that.  The attacker either broke or found away around the shields.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Azoth
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:44:22 PM »

Interesting thread, meandering, a little off point but interesting none the less!  LOL!
So here is my 2 cents.  Energy work, psi, healing, vampire or otherwise is all about consciousness/awareness and nothing more besides the self.  A working knowledge of physics would help a lot but what would help most is understanding a principle rule.  You are you and no one can trespass your barriers unless you allow it, everything else is superfluous!

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think!!
Morrivann
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 12:26:17 AM »

Interesting thread, meandering, a little off point but interesting none the less!  LOL!
So here is my 2 cents.  Energy work, psi, healing, vampire or otherwise is all about consciousness/awareness and nothing more besides the self.  A working knowledge of physics would help a lot but what would help most is understanding a principle rule.  You are you and no one can trespass your barriers unless you allow it, everything else is superfluous!

Ive never agreed with you on the "no one can tresspass your barriers unless you allow it" comment.  This is a old post i am reading but i thought i proved that one wrong?   Wink
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »

Ive never agreed with you on the "no one can tresspass your barriers unless you allow it" comment.  This is a old post i am reading but i thought i proved that one wrong?   Wink

Ignorance is usually bliss but in this case I believe you are right. Turning away is illogical because the path does not come from you. You are the destination. If it were the other way around, then I could see how ignoring it would help.
Paradigm shifting is not a defensive thing and will not help anyone in protecting themselves.

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
Azoth
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 02:38:31 AM »

i am certain that every time I trespass your barriers, you alllow it. ;-)  Also, you cannot use me as an example, when are we ever seperate?

WingedWolfPsion
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 03:06:27 AM »

That sounds like a rationalization for doing whatever you like to people who aren't equipped to defend themselves.  By insisting that you 'couldn't do if they didn't allow it', you can do whatever you like to them.  THEY may not see it that way at all...they may, in fact, not want you to do it, and be doing their best to prevent it.

Here's a tip.  If someone does not use their words and TELL YOU it is ok, then it is NOT ok.  If you fail to heed that advice, then one day you are going to piss off someone who's stronger than you, and they are going to show you that you are allowing them to shred your energy systems until you can't do it again.

--Winged Wolf
Home page: www.wingedwolfpsion.com
Metaphysical business:  www.eclipsemetaphysical.com
Reptile business:  www.eclipseexotics.com
Follow my Twitters:  WingedWolfPsion, EclipseMeta, and EclipseExotics
Azoth
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »

That sounds like a rationalization for doing whatever you like to people who aren't equipped to defend themselves.  By insisting that you 'couldn't do if they didn't allow it', you can do whatever you like to them.  THEY may not see it that way at all...they may, in fact, not want you to do it, and be doing their best to prevent it.

Here's a tip.  If someone does not use their words and TELL YOU it is OK, then it is NOT OK.  If you fail to heed that advice, then one day you are going to piss off someone who's stronger than you, and they are going to show you that you are allowing them to shred your energy systems until you can't do it again.

Here's a tip.  If someone does not use their words and TELL YOU it is OK, then it is NOT OK.  If you fail to heed that advice, then one day you are going to piss off someone who's stronger than you, and they are going to show you that you are allowing them to shred your energy systems until you can't do it again.
I am not at all rationalizing my behavior.  In order for us to exist to be,we must be self actualizing.  there is tons of energy out there, in so many different forms, changing all the time.  Each of us has our own energy field, we take in, emit and transmute all sorts of energy.   Each of us is fully capable of managing ourselves, or we would negate our own existence.  Buying into the myth that someone is attacking us and there is nothing we can do about it affects how we actualize, or exist. 
Sure, we could argue ethics but i think it is more important for everyone to understand that when it comes to their own energy system, they call the shots.
As far as your tip; I do not go around messing with peoples energy for recreation.  I do however, tend to piss people off, for a variety of reasons.  I have gotten myself into my fair share energy tiffs but the only reason it affected me, was because I connected to it and let it.  Same goes for those that quarrelled with me.  Truly, the only power anyone of us has over another, energetically, is the power that we give them.
I do not think its right to teach people to fear their natural self.  I prefer to empower others with the knowledge that they are in control of themself.  Just my thoughts

hexmoon3
Level 4 Contributor

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 02:05:41 AM »

arethia, I get headaches when I shield allot of the times...sometimes I even fall to the ground. The reason being my shields are to strong. I'm putting too much energy into them and therefore I deplete my energy source and feel pain and exhaustion. It is also because when you have a shield you block everything including energy from getting in. Being a psy one needs to be able to pull in energy and cannot with a very strong shield around you. Someone suggested that I need a different kind of shield. One with a filter so I can still pull in energy and react with certain energies but still be protected from things that are negative. As of recent I haven't been able to find a way to perfect a filter in my waking hours but I have been able to perfect it in my sleep which is often where I get attacked the most. If anyone has any ideas on perfecting a filter shield please feel free to share.

---<---(@Hex@)--->---
Taris
Level 3 Contributor

Feel free to contact me for discussions.

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »

I would have to say I disagree with this. I simply wanted to state that feeding from one is possible without consent and it may do damage to said person but may also help them to create new energy which is "clean". As for breaking into a persons shield or psyche it is also possible though it is seen as malicious and thus not explained in really any books or teachings of the Vampyr communities as I have seen thus far.

As for the headaches it is possible that you may be constantly feeding energy into that shield and the constand draw of energy from yourself is hurting you. The only true way to be rid of a pest that continues to pester is to send them scurrying away with their tails between their legs.

Going back into the shadows again. Hope those within the community can solve what needs to be solved and those new to it can handle it or run while ya can lol.

Back somewhat but still determining if things are fixed >.> XD Can contact me via PM for discussion or hit me up on facebook.
arcane
Level 3 Contributor

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

I've never been impressed with the mindset "If I don't believe in it, it can't hurt me".

Try disbelieving when stabbing yourself in the hand. See what happens.
----

As to the matter of shielding, if you're being attacked and your shields aren't good enough, get help.

Simple as that.

Most energy communities and vampire houses have a Defense dept, and/or a Healing dept. Ask for some training in shielding. See if they can determine what's attacking you. Get advice.

My experience is that most people greatly benefit from working with others, learning from their experiences. We all enter into the world of power with little skill. And once we learn, it behooves us to train others. And help where we can.

Belfazaar
Level 3 Contributor

A stroll through the graveyards can be quite relax

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 02:15:09 PM »

This technique was the first shield taught to me by my 1st mentor
in the magickal community. It worked so well for me that I have made
it the first one that I teach to any pupils I happen to take up, including
any and all people who come to me simply to learn Shielding Techniques,
Wards and/or Protection Spells.

This Shielding Technique is one of my simplest of techniques, also
carrying with it the bonuses of being easily recharged and easily
set up. It is my sincerest wish that you find this a useful tool
in everyday life.

Needed Items:
One red or white candle (but any color candle will do in a pinch)
Incense that promotes a feeling of safety, security and protection
(for this, I tend to use Jasmine or Sandalwood... Both scents provide
me with a feeling of security and sanctuary)
20 minutes of quiet time.

Here is what to do:

Sitting quietly, light the incense and allow its aroma to fill you
with the safety and protection, which it reminds you of. Let this
aroma become feeling and allow this feeling to permeate your body.

Once you have that feeling and can hold it more readily, light the
candle. Sit staring into the candle's flame, all the while, holding
on to those feelings of protection and safety. When you can see the
aura around the flame, visualize that same aura around your person.
visualize it being made of the strongest, densest material you can
possibly imagine. KNOW that only you control what passes through
it. The energies you need and want can easily slip in, but NOT easily
slip away. KNOW that those energies you DO NOT wish to pass this
barrier WILL BE STOPPED.

The beauty of this shielding technique is that it can be easily recharged
by any light source. Yep, you read correctly, this can be 'easily
recharged by ANY light source'. This means that any light source
from sunlight to moonlight to starlight to household lamps to street
lamps can be used to recharge this technique. Just focus on the light
source long enough to see the aura around it and this will
automatically recharg your shield. That's it. It's that simple,
and you are protected from unwanted energies as well as being able
to keep in much needed energies.

You are now well on your way to learning to shield yourself. Congratulations!
That is the hard part, the rest of it is pretty much trial and error
to find the ones that work best for you. Check through all the books
you can, there are some pretty good ones out there by authors well
known and others not so well known.

Vitae Dominae,

Belfazaar Ashantison
Founder and Elder, House of Mystic Echoes
Founder of NOVA (New Orleans Vampire Association)

"Wizard's Fourth Rule (from Temple of the Winds): "There is magic in forgiveness, the magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, but more so, in forgiveness you receive." (Terry Goodkind from the Sword of Truth Series)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: