AVA Main Directory | Resource Links | Event Calendar | Vampirism Research Study | Archived AVA Forum v1.0

Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:34:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
19898 Posts in 2604 Topics by 1004 Members
Latest Member: DragonBLood
Home Help Arcade Login Register
Atlanta Vampire Alliance [AVA]  |  Energy Work, Psionics, & Paranormal Studies  |  General Psi | Psychic | Psionics | Energetic Discussion (Moderators: Merticus, SoulSplat, Eclecta, Maloryn, Zero)  |  City Magicks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: City Magicks  (Read 6635 times)
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« on: November 25, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »

Regarding cities.. its an interesting theory I have: I think that some people are very connected to various aspects of the environment.  Its well known many traditional shamans are connected to the natural plains, forrests, animals. 

Under that framework would it be a stretch to conceive the potential for those connected to the cities as well, finding strength in the ebb and flow of the population, energy in the patterns of traffic, to be able to feel the hum and pulse of electricity permieating the buildings like the nervous system of a massive concrete entity?  City shaman?  Even as far as a pollution mage?  Technomancers?  All seem possible, albiet a little bit on the cyberpunk/fantasy side.

I have played a bit working some of my practice into things around me.. a computer based servitor for example.  I am curious as to thoughts and practices, observations of others. 

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:43:18 PM »

Regarding cities.. its an interesting theory I have: I think that some people are very connected to various aspects of the environment.  Its well known many traditional shamans are connected to the natural plains, forrests, animals. 

Under that framework would it be a stretch to conceive the potential for those connected to the cities as well, finding strength in the ebb and flow of the population, energy in the patterns of traffic, to be able to feel the hum and pulse of electricity permieating the buildings like the nervous system of a massive concrete entity?  City shaman?  Even as far as a pollution mage?  Technomancers?  All seem possible, albiet a little bit on the cyberpunk/fantasy side.

I have played a bit working some of my practice into things around me.. a computer based servitor for example.  I am curious as to thoughts and practices, observations of others. 

I have done some reading on that cities have "centers" to them and it is possible to pull energy from the city this way... I'll see if I can find it again for you.  It was interesting, but not quite at my level so I didn't pay it much more attention than a cursory read.
paindancer
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:12 PM »

I dont need the article.. Smiley 

I was sorta describing from experience. 

*looks around innocently*

Paindancer
Advocating sensible vampirism since 2006
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 11:40:30 AM »

I dont need the article.. Smiley 

I was sorta describing from experience. 

*looks around innocently*

okie doke.  i try to influence the road ahead and behind me so that no cops show up and decide to run my places (i am driving on an expired license! :O ) buuuuut... that could just be dumb luck/my imagination. Wink

that's as close as i have gotten,i guess.
Removed
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »

Sure, yeah. I mean, I'm sure you know that it even goes as far as some people having an affinity for the internet. There are quite a few chaotes with an affinity for such ... "techno magick" I guess you would call it?

Me, personally, I think I have an affinity for solitude. I think personally that there is something there for any chosen perception, anything and everything can be used and catalyst our occult ability. Dictated by the law of chaos; anything is possible, and one is only truly limited by the boundaries of their perception. *pointing to my sig*

Considering the origin of chaos (a bar napkin), computer-based servitors were likely the first servitors, no? I imagine that many chaotes are internet junkies like me, to some degree. Smiley
Except work-a-holics like Eclecta who can't find the time. Wink

I am not the darkness, I am the light;
Brilliant, blinding and infinite.
Stare in awe and know beyond doubt;
It is not the darkness you should fear.
belovedofdeath
Level 5 Contributor

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »

Sure, yeah. I mean, I'm sure you know that it even goes as far as some people having an affinity for the internet. There are quite a few chaotes with an affinity for such ... "techno magick" I guess you would call it?

Me, personally, I think I have an affinity for solitude. I think personally that there is something there for any chosen perception, anything and everything can be used and catalyst our occult ability. Dictated by the law of chaos; anything is possible, and one is only truly limited by the boundaries of their perception. *pointing to my sig*

Considering the origin of chaos (a bar napkin), computer-based servitors were likely the first servitors, no? I imagine that many chaotes are internet junkies like me, to some degree. Smiley
Except work-a-holics like Eclecta who can't find the time. Wink

....and then you have people like me who are addicted to the great big inter-butt. Angry

though, it's somewhat comforting to think that i can re-label it as "internet affinity" should i choose to sound lofty and important. Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: